Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nosey barstewards

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2003, 03:00 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to Tesco's this morning to do the weekly shop. Had the grandaughter with us (1yr old) so parked in the mother and baby places, as she had fallen asleep in the back, the wife went to do the shop and I stayed in the car. I was having a bit of a stretch when this woman walks past and say's "thanks for parking there". I said "what's that in the back seat" she said "you should only park here if you are walking to the shop" Well call me old fashioned, but did she get a feckin mouthful off me, the nosey old feckin git!! Why don't people just get on with their own lives instead of sticking their huge feckin noses in other peoples business.
dave
Old 26 November 2003, 03:06 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Well done that woman I say.

You had no need to park in that space if you remained in the car.

I'm staggered how you think you are.

Then there's the wasters parking in disabled spaces, even squeezing their car in the extra wide gap which is purposely designed to allow wheelchair bound drivers/passengers to open their door fully to exit or access their vehicle.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:09 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

the family parking spaes are made to be wider etc for opening doors wide to get childern outta the car etc not to be left int he back seat

only playing mate, I dont give 2 hoots. should have killed her and hid her in the boot

I always park in the disabled in ASDA whilst I run tot he cash machine, Im only ther for a couple of minutes max so any1 wanna moan at me I give em sh!te
Old 26 November 2003, 03:10 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Why don't they have few places for selfish/ignorant/stupid people then they could just park there and not trouble anyone else?

BTW I think you were right Misty-good work sending the old trout off with a flea in here ear.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:11 PM
Ratman
Scooby Regular

Morally, I agree with Spoon. HOWEVER, for all the passer-by knew, the "mother" and another child HAD walked to the shop?!!

SquirrelWoman
MY98 Wagon
Old 26 November 2003, 03:14 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Spoon, I know you're probably winding me up, but what if I had found a normal space, then she had woken up, could I have then parked again in the mother and baby places?
P.S. do you have kids/grandkids?
dave
Old 26 November 2003, 03:18 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I always use the mother and child spaces - I'll stop using them when mothers with kids stop using the normal spaces when there are mothers and child spaces free.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:19 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

So what if the baby had woken up. What difference does that make.

Chip.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:24 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

I've done exactly the same with my 3 year old son in the car asleep, wife has gone to the shop while se stay in the car.

If he wakes while she is in the shop up he doesn't magically appear outside the car without me opening the door, so why should I park in a "normal" space, which we ALL KNOW are deliberately made small by the supermarkets to cram more people into the available car park area, and then struggle to get him out??

Bah Humbug!
Old 26 November 2003, 03:27 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Well chip it's not rocket science mate! I would have taken her out of the car in order to enter the said shop, find the wife, and continue with the shopping.
dave
Old 26 November 2003, 03:32 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Sorry Misty,Ididnt realise that babys had to go shopping when they wake up

Chip.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:33 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Ratman- that is where diplomacy is necessary, although whichever way you approach most people today you still get the same response.

It's very difficult in this selfish and ignorant society to approach someone in a polite manner and ask whether or not they feel they should be parking there because their immediate reaction is to go on the defensive and tell you where to go. Having said that it is still the best way for your own peace of mind.

Whether or not the mother and children had got out and gone shopping still doesn't warrant the bloke sitting in a wide space stopping someone else who would make full use of it.

The bloke can watch from the back of the carpark and drive up to the doors to pick them up.

As for anybody using the disabled spaces for as little as 2 minutes, you really have no clue just how important a parking space is to a wheelchair bound occupant.

It's not a perk to be able to park and shop, it's a need.

To everyone who thinks it's big and clever just try and see how many spaces you can open your car door fully in everytime you visit a car-park, then you'll realise how valuable these spaces are just to allow someone to shop.

I know the majority of you won't give a tóss but that's exactly why you do it.

Davegtt- Don't be surprised if you get someone park behind you and block you in till they've finished their shopping, certainly if it was the last space.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:33 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Apology graciously accepted m8!!
dave

Old 26 November 2003, 03:38 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Spoon,
You are a model citizen and should be proud of your unselfish attitude.

chip.

[Edited by Chip - 11/26/2003 3:38:54 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 03:41 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

**** me spoon! It's a feckin car park space in Tesco's I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition. We'll all see you in the pulpit on Sunday eh!
dave

Old 26 November 2003, 03:42 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Spoon, I know you're probably winding me up, but what if I had found a normal space, then she had woken up, could I have then parked again in the mother and baby places?
P.S. do you have kids/grandkids?
dave
I'm not winding you up.

You are now changing the goal posts as I think you had no intention of getting out but if you did intend on leaving your car then of course that's fine, after all you need more space.

Old 26 November 2003, 03:49 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Chip- Thanks, I used to think it was the way everyone had to be, now I know I am a dying breed.

Misty- You struck a raw nerve as I encounter this scenario every time I go anywhere.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:52 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Spoon, We do honestly shop alltogether if she is awake, matey boy!
dave
Old 26 November 2003, 03:52 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Spoon, I dont see why I cant drive up to stratigically parking spaces near the cash machine for me to use afterall, its very rare Ive seen any disabled person getting outta the car in a disabled space, half the bl00dy time its family and friends using disabled badges. if I wanna use it I will. I pay the same road tax as some1 who might be disabled so tough
Old 26 November 2003, 03:53 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

**** me spoon! It's a feckin car park space in Tesco's I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition. We'll all see you in the pulpit on Sunday eh!
Exactly my point, it's not just a car park space.

The fact that I have a much wider unstanding than the majority doesn't make me pulpit material either, thank fúck.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:54 PM
brett555
Scooby Regular

A la peter kay's 2nd dvd ... go with your mum or dad ... still parent and child no matter how old you are ... hhehehe...

more to the point .. hope you told her to f*ck off ... some people , if you're a parent .. and you had a child ... you can park there. some people ..

b
Old 26 November 2003, 04:00 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I agree with what Spoon said in his longer post halfway down the first page. For disabled people and parents who have to get children in and out of cars outside shops, the larger spaces are a godsend.

Dave

[Edited by druddle - 11/26/2003 4:02:00 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 04:02 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Actually, I agree with Spoon, too.

I'd far rather see genuine "parent & child" cars using those nice, wide, fit-for-the-purpose spaces than having to park in a normal space and battering their car doors against MY car trying to get the sproggie from the back seat in the far narrower gap.
Old 26 November 2003, 04:03 PM
Ratman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Actually, just to clarify matters, could someone post what the law is regarding these spaces?!!

Squirly the Squirrel
MY98 Wagon
Old 26 November 2003, 04:04 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Davegtt- Spoon, I dont see why I cant drive up to stratigically parking spaces near the cash machine for me to use afterall, its very rare Ive seen any disabled person getting outta the car in a disabled space, half the bl00dy time its family and friends using disabled badges. if I wanna use it I will. I pay the same road tax as some1 who might be disabled so tough.
No you don't see Dave, you've got the freedom to park and walk wherever you like, so you don't need or even want to think about anybody else but yourself.

I agree the badges are abused and they do nothing to help the difficult situation but the "if they do, I will" mentality is why we are where we are.

If you want to use it then there's nothing I can do unless of course you need cash at the same time as I want to shop, then we'll see, but as the chances of that are almost nil then I'm sure you'll continue.

Hell, I just hope you never suffer an accident which means you rely on these spaces just to enable you to shop.

You don't pay the same amount of road tax as a disabled driver either.

[Edited by Spoon - 11/26/2003 4:06:52 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 04:09 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

mice_Elf. Are you insinuating that I am not entitled to park in a parent and child space, when I have my grand child in the car, and will be utilising the facillities offered for the purchase of comestables by the store in question?
dave

[Edited by misty - 11/26/2003 4:11:36 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 04:10 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Actually, just to clarify matters, could someone post what the law is regarding these spaces?!!
Ratman- You're missing the point. The law never comes into this, morality does though.

[Edited by Spoon - 11/26/2003 4:11:58 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 04:11 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Depends if you were intending to get out of the car with said grandchild at any point.

As she was asleep and it is doubtful she fell asleep the second you parked your car, I would hazard a guess that you were not intending to leave the car.
Old 26 November 2003, 04:15 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I refer the right honourable **** to the reply I gave 10 threads before!
dave
Old 26 November 2003, 04:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

well dont get me wrong, Id neva park in a disabled space if I planned on staying there, Im generally speaking about I need cash usually thre are about 5 spare disabled spaces left in the car park I'll nip in 1 for about 1 minue whilst I walk 10 footstes to the cash machine get some cash and move on. Im not that sadistic.

Quick Reply: Nosey barstewards