Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Louis, Martin and Michael.

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2003, 09:58 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anybody know who the 'easy listening' versions of Jacko's hits are by that are used in the prog?

Cheers.

UB
Old 16 November 2003, 10:19 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

No but I thought the prog. was lamentable. Theroux is worse than Bashir IMO - all the faux naive rubbish; the way he tries to come across as though he's some kind of schoolboy - pretty sickening. The second interview with Joe Jackson was made me cringe. I was pleased that Joe screwed him in the first one by bringing all his rubbish bands along with him.

and then to say at the end that he is just a curious fan? what a load of b*llocks. Even Geller saw him for the craven story chasing snake that he is.
Old 16 November 2003, 10:24 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I physically laughed out loud at some of the stunts he tried pulling. But thats his style and he does it well.

The way he got Joe/Majestic to react over the boyfriend thing was a peach. He knew what he was doing and they had no idea.

Cheap TV but like i said, thats his style
Old 16 November 2003, 10:27 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

it was a sick programme and mental
Old 16 November 2003, 10:34 PM
UFO
Scooby Regular

Wink

Agreed.

Theroux is quite obviously very intelligent, but chooses to play the fool. In my opinion he doesn't do this particularly well (I feel he makes people feel awkward - admittedly an alternative approach to interviewing), perhaps this is just due to the way in which the programme is put together, almost taking the **** out of all concerned.

Some of his shows are very good entertainment but some are cringe making, which in some ways makes them even better, so I generally watch.

[Edited by UFO - 11/16/2003 10:38:08 PM]
Old 16 November 2003, 10:37 PM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Louix exposed all the Jackson Clingons for what they are..... Complete *****... Joe looks like one Sick **** to me, no wonder Micheal is such a freek, and that majestic Geezer is just a Total ***.

Well done again Theroux, another entertaining documentary.
Old 17 November 2003, 10:11 AM
SteveLegacy
Scooby Regular

One of the songs is by Miles Davies, didn't recognise/notice any others though.

I like Louis Theroux, especially the way he makes people look like total knobbers all on their own without too much provocation.

Trending Topics

Old 17 November 2003, 11:42 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The best Louis prog is the one with the legend Sir J. Saval (spelt?) it showed Sir Jim to be seriously unhinged.

Missed last night but the brothel before was OK if a little cringe making for Louis.
Old 17 November 2003, 11:50 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

the reason i didn't like it was it looked like shooting fish in a barrel. theroux "i'm so effing clever" sets out to make some rather sad people connected or related to MJ look rather sad, and succeeds. well done that man. if he set himself a bit more of a challenge, i wouldn't mind.

[Edited by ProperCharlie - 11/17/2003 11:55:25 AM]
Old 17 November 2003, 11:53 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I like Louis Theroux, especially the way he makes people look like total knobbers all on their own without too much provocation.
Yes, he's definately from the school of 'give 'em enough rope and they will hang themselves' school of interviewing.

UB
Old 17 November 2003, 01:05 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

To blow $5500 on one 'interview' could be seen as a mistake, but to do it twice??? How f**king stupid is he? Its obvious that he's not going to get any info out of (aint I cool with my earring) pensioner Joe.

I did find it mildly entertaining but the c**t should be hauled over the coals for misappropriation of license payers funds!

Gary
Old 17 November 2003, 01:23 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Theroux is "effing clever"- his style is to sit back and let people make asses of themselves and he always succeeds.
As for $11K- that is sod all, if you want to worry about wasting of licence payers cash then look to programs like "fame academy" and crap like that. In any case it isn't your money- it belongs to the BBC, as far as I'm concerned they could p1ss it all up against the wall a long as it continues to get the goat of people who go on about the licence fee. If you don't like it don't pay it, it isn't compulsory to have a television. In fact while I'm on my soapbox I reckon most people would benefit from a spell without a TV. They might actually do something constructive, on the other hand they might end up wasting all the time freed up on the net, like I did. But hey at least I didn't have to pay a licence fee.
Old 17 November 2003, 01:55 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Live without TV? Are you mad?

I'm sorry but I don't believe in time before TV. BC? AD? pah!