Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Integrated Digital TV

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2003, 07:11 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking into buying a new TV. I would like either a 32" or 36" widescreen. However, it appears that some come with the digital box inside them (IDTV) and others you have to get one separately. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? Will the technology of the boxes race away leaving you with a redundant TV in the case of IDTV, or can you buy the new boxes and run them through an integrated set externally?

Thanks.
Old 11 November 2003, 08:01 PM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Butkus,

First of all check you can recieve it in yr area!!!! Some areas in the uk can't recieve it. Go to
http://www.freeview.co.uk/default.asp they do a post code search and tell you if yr area can recieve it. Your ariel is consideration as well, some older ones don't work with IDTV.

I had the same problem, But i didn't want to paid £40 a month for sky tv. Some I opted for a Sony 32" widescreen With IDTV. I think its WELL!! worth while. It's says you only get 30 channels but i get 40, don't know how!!

The quality is excellent sound is very good!! and it's much cheaper than paying 40 nicker a month. You can run an external Idtv box if you want, through a normal scart socket/lead on yr tv and it would work through one of yr AV channels. The update bit I'm not sure about. The tv i have has an automatic software update which up dates as new things that come out. Overall Worth it, Well up untill i stop being a tight **** and pay for the sky

Goto the web site at the top they will tell u more

Albert

[Edited by Albert47 - 11/11/2003 8:06:06 PM]
Old 11 November 2003, 10:22 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

I have a Sony 32" widescreen digi tv, i bought it around 2 years ago, thinking ITV digital was the new boom tv = £1k. !! probably worth £300-£500 now though

I have Sky now, but i can still receive the new digi channels, it takes about 3-5 mins for the picture to come through the normal ariel but picture and sound is good. Its built in and you just put the card in the back of the tv instead of in a set top box.