Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

There's No Helping Some People

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2003, 11:36 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

On the way home from watching Matrix Revolutions on friday night, I was driving past Epsom Downs racecourse. I noticed the car behind me approaching pretty quickly. I thought nothing of it as I went round the bend which 'crosses' over the racecouse. I didn't slow down (no need really) but when I looked in my mirror to see what this other car was doing, it hit a concrete post at the side of the road and flipped over ! I can only presume that he didn't see the bend and carried on forwards, hitting the edge of the racecourse's barriers!!

Naturally I stopped to see if the driver and any passengers were okay and it was two teenagers, smashed out of their heads. The passenger hadn't even realised they had crashed, and the driver seemed more intent on moving it quickly. The car itself was a 1.2 Corsa which had sustained pretty bad front end damage.

When I went to ring for the police, would you believe the driver turned on me!! He tried grabbing my phone and calling me every name under the sun. My wife was extremely concerned and suggested we left pronto so I just drove away and phoned the police instead. Not only did I tell them that there had been an accident, that they were drunk and very abusive.

I popped back 10 mins later in my wife's car to see the driver being arrested

There's just no helping some people.......

Moral of the story (as my wife always says) is don't stop, just phone the police and carry on going. Not always the right thing to do, but I wish I hadn't stopped after all in this case
Old 10 November 2003, 11:40 AM
Luke
BANNED

Shame they didnt die.
Old 10 November 2003, 11:44 AM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

If you hadn't stopped you would not have known the driver was drunk. If you hadn't reported that to the police, they may not have been able to attend so rapidly and they may not have caught the driver.
Old 10 November 2003, 11:45 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

lmao @ Luke, in a way though u did the right thing turning round, it could have been anything, a driver who ahd an heart attack and concked out with his family at the wheel so its always best to check. good on ya. but the little toe rags u should have given him a beating and when the pigs turned up just say nah must have been badly injured from the crash
Old 10 November 2003, 01:15 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

LMAO at davegtt
Old 10 November 2003, 01:22 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Scoobysnacks -- you did the right thing a) for stopping and b) for shopping the little tw*ts to the cops.

About 20 years ago my wife saved someone's life by stopping: it was a diabetic who'd fainted at the wheel and driven off the road into a crop field. My wife caught a glimpse in the mirror & went back to check. She could only find the car 'cos of the track through the crop, it was a 5-foot high barley field.

Medics said later that the driver (otherwise uninjured, and car largely undamaged) could have gone into a diabetic coma and died if not found.
Old 10 November 2003, 02:11 PM
AK47
Scooby Regular

scooby snacks you did what anyone in their right frame of mind would have done. Like others have said it could have been someone who had a heart-attack or something like that and needed help.

Good job these little ****** hit the barriers, they could have hit someone crossing the road instead if they had carried on driving [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]! there's no excuse for it as they were clearly breaking the law and so got their/his comeuppance.

just think you saved innocent lives that night