Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Motorist fined for upside down car park ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 01:51 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A motorist has been fined £30 for leaving his car park ticket upside down on the dashboard of his car.

Vincent Ryan was given a fixed penalty notice by an attendant at the NCP car park in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Mr Ryan, from Dovercourt, Essex said: "I didn't deliberately put my ticket the wrong way round. It was easy enough to read. The car park attendant would only have had to bend his head a bit to see it."

The attendant had ticked a box on the penalty notice saying that the fine was for "not displaying a valid parking ticket".

A handwritten note added: "Ticket upside down."

Mr Ryan, who works for the RNLI in London, is now writing to NCP to challenge the fine, says the Daily Telegraph.

A spokesman said that any complaint would be looked at and, if the penalty notice had been issued in error, the fine would be cancelled.

At 1st glance seems extremly unfair, but what does upside down mean? the ticket was upside down ie the writing when viewd was upside down or does it mean the ticket was face down?

[Edited by Krade - 11/6/2003 1:53:26 PM]
Old 11 June 2003, 02:04 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I got away with a couple of fine in the past when I did not buy a ticket. Got a used ticket off another carpark user for time of offence and went to local council office saying it fell off windscreen onto the floor. Got away with it, but think they have grown wise to this now!

Sounds a bit harsh to book him when he has a ticket and is displaying it. Does it usually state where to display it? Or can you stick it in rear window if you want?

[Edited by supertouring - 11/6/2003 2:05:46 PM]
Old 06 November 2003, 01:57 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

hed only have to turn his head slightly to read it suggests that it was upside down not facing the dash down unless the car park attendant could look from under the car with xray glasses through the dash board to see it
Old 06 November 2003, 02:08 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

never stick em to my windows, just leave it on top of the dash.
Dont trust em to come off with out leaving a mess.
Old 06 November 2003, 02:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

If the printed information on the ticket was face down on the dash then I see how he could have got done, but, from what has been said this was not the case. sounds more like the printed side was face up but the print was displayed upside down.

Sounds like the parkie was being the typical jumped up little ***** most of these types are, any chance to use their 'power'. grrrrrrrr

Old 06 November 2003, 04:21 PM
Luke
BANNED

I beleive on some tickets they mention that the ticket must be the right way up....

But those Fukking monkeys are so thick and uneducated.... they probably need training to bend the neck....or would sue after 3 days in the job for bad neck syndrome.....

Just lob a boiling cup of coffee at them when you drive past...
Old 06 November 2003, 04:32 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I got a ticket in Edinburgh when i left the parking ticket on the top of the dials ( in full view from the windscreen). I went straight to the pay/complain department in the centre of town and went off on one [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. I was informed that my complaint would take 10 weeks to be looked into , cause of all the bullsh1t tickets I said loudly.

I was then told that all wardens take digital photos of the car when they give you the fine/ticket. 10 weeks later I got a letter saying that I didn't have to pay and I was a lucky boy.... I phoned because I wanted to see the pictures..... I was told that they will have been destroyed ......... likley story
Old 06 November 2003, 05:52 PM
Luke
BANNED

In london all clamping etc is photographed. They are testing a camera made to record normal parking offences.ie over stay on meter etc.
Old 07 November 2003, 08:56 AM
Ballistic
Scooby Regular

I returned to my car in Nottingham to find a TW peering at my ticket. The mooron then told me off for displaying the ticket the wrong way round and then informed me the ticket was old anyway. I politely informed him the ticket was valid as I had just returned to renew it. He looked again 'oh yes so it is'
If they can't even read the ticket properly, what chance do we stand.
Old 07 November 2003, 03:18 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

I got a ticket a few months back in Glasgow - useless **** had trouble reading those big letters on the front of my car though and managed to spell the registration wrong! Needless to say the ticket went straight in the bin, just wish I'd seen the **** who wrote the ticket so I could point out that he's even more of a useless **** than your average Glasgow parking scumbag.

BTW my number plate doesn't have any fancy lettering etc... 100% standard font. God help them when they come up against a car with an illegal font, might as well be written in chinese to them
Old 07 November 2003, 03:42 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lucky Paul

got a ticket got my Reg No. correct (blast) but my Scoob was written down as a vauxhall cavalier

tried the 'i dont own or drive a cavalier trick' but the reg no. got me