Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Price-Drop TV

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 09:52 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matt5cott - You really ought to get out more Edit: doh, just read the end of your post

Before you bid, get straight on the net and find the best price, then bid accordingly.

My sister went for a job there

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 11/6/2003 9:53:16 AM]
Old 11 June 2003, 10:30 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

matt5cott - The job my sis went for was based in London for Price-Drop, also been for QVC. Not presenting though, can't remember exactly but she's more of a retail buyer. She comes over to my house to surf the net and gather info on the companies

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 11/6/2003 10:32:17 AM]
Old 06 November 2003, 07:28 AM
Davie
Scooby Regular

Evening! Well it feels like it anyway.

Has anyone ever bought anything of this TV Channel? Seem to be some good bargains in it, but i'm a bit dubious about buying anything.

Anyone had any experience with them or channels like them??

Cheers!
Old 06 November 2003, 07:58 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
The prices they sell for are quite acheivable from other outlets. eg. A mountain bike sold for £120 last night looked like a bargain, did a quick websearch and they were £10 cheaper.
Its all about knowing your market and how much your payin.
Doc
Old 06 November 2003, 08:03 AM
Davie
Scooby Regular

Dammit! I've been waiting on a bike coming on it for ages! Everytime i switch it on you have that daft bird rattling on about 2 tonne chains...

Cheers!
Old 06 November 2003, 08:24 AM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cracking channel, I havent bought anything yet though
Old 06 November 2003, 08:26 AM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

My father in law has bought all his Christmas gifts from price-drop and bid-up.

Dave.

Trending Topics

Old 06 November 2003, 09:40 AM
matt5cott
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ok I consider myself a bit of a bid-up master (very sad I know!)

Price-drop is ok for newbies but the stuff generally sells for cheaper on bid-up, due to people panicking when it hits a certain price on price-drop.

Also if you watch when the price gets to a certain bracket on price-drop it slows down to slower than a crawl

On bid-up if you time it right you can get some serious bargains, but you have to have a lot of free time on your hands to do so, I have bought 3 things, all at the cheapest price possible. What I do is if something takes my fancy I note how much it goes for (if possible do this 2-3 times) then bid at the last second you can get away with (and not £10 above as they say!)

Also remember the postage on both channels is pretty excessive and be as fast as you can on the phone, as soon as your bids confirmed HANG UP! (this isnt relevant on price-drop as its a fixed price for the call)

Oh and watch sun+mon+tues nights late night when Andy Hodgsons on, I honestly cannot believe he gets away with some of the innuendos he uses

price drop = 636 bid up = 647 (both sky)

I geniunely think I could actually work presenting on those channels, deary me I should get out more
Old 06 November 2003, 09:59 AM
matt5cott
Scooby Regular

Cool

DJ Dunk,

Those two channels entertain me far more than the trash that fills TV screens nowadays, the only time I watch TV nowadays is when im eating dinner, so thats about 10 mins a night!

"My sister went for a job there "

What post was it for?

I would love to apply for a job presenting myself, but its a bit of a treck from Nottingham
Old 06 November 2003, 10:01 AM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Talking

matt5cott its scary the amount of $hit you know about them channels.... Well done mate
Old 06 November 2003, 10:07 AM
Davie
Scooby Regular

Still doesn't help my lack of mountain bike situation!

I is gonna glue myself to it for the next 2 days....fvck eastenders
Old 06 November 2003, 10:16 AM
matt5cott
Scooby Regular

Wink

grovesy, it all started when I went on holiday with the missus a couple of years back, we had this sky box with no sky card, it was one of the very few channels you could watch (so everytime we go I watch stupid amounts of bid-up, lol

Also I can list all methods of payment accepted, tell you about the jewelerry price promise (also now a member of some jewellers board) and I know the prefix numbers in the top left of the screen As well as talking you through the bidding process...

Like I said, must get out more...

Bidding couldnt be easier, first pick up the phone and dial the number at the top of the screen, a voice will say "please enter your bid in pounds, followed by the hash key" just enter the amount you want to bid followed by the hash key, your bid is then repeated back to you, if your happy with that, just press 1 to confirm.

lol
Old 06 November 2003, 10:17 AM
Davie
Scooby Regular

Press one, job done!
Old 06 November 2003, 10:28 AM
T.C
Scooby Regular

My Mrs is a regular shopper with bid-up and has picked up some cracking deals.

However, she always places her bid on the net with a maximum that she is prepared to go to, simply because if you bid say £50 on the phone and it goes for £25, you end up paying £25 more than everyone else.

Onthe website, it only goes to the bid required in increments of £1 and when it gets to the maximum it stops, therefore she only pays the bid required price.

My Ammadeus Chronograph (RRP £375) was obtained for £33 through the net bid, and in fact initaly we didn't get it, but some of those who bid £100 + found they couldn't pay for whatever reason so they went down the line and as my Mrs was next in line we got it for the price we bid

She has now done all the Christmas shopping either through Bid-Up or Auction World on 651.