Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2003, 07:58 PM
civictyper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

LOL @ Lord Jeffery

I think Chris Rock said it best when he came out with:

"I love the brothers but hate the *******". True.

Don't know what the problem is with blacks anyway. It's us Chinese buggers that have the problem in films. They reckon Driving Miss Daisy type casts black folks but we Chinese have it far worse.

What am I talking about?? Well whenever you watch an American film who do you always see sat round the stage at some dodgy strip joint. Chinese *****'s that's who. Check it out next time you watch an American film. Like we're all a bunch of perv's. Okay so I actually am a dirty pervert (as you can probably tell by now) but what the...

[Edited by civictyper - 11/1/2003 8:01:36 PM]
Old 31 October 2003, 02:16 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Angry

Following on from the other thread (Jap). Increasingly in the films and now in rap music, the Black Rappers and screenwriters (and Actors) refer in a derogatory way to each other as 'N!gger'.

FFS they put back the civil rights movement 40 years when they use this , Oh and one rule for one and ...............
Old 31 October 2003, 02:17 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Doesn't bother me at all.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:19 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

doesn't bother me ..... it might if I was black and someone was callin me a n!gga , But I aint so it don't
Old 31 October 2003, 02:20 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'll try not to get on my high horse about this one.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:22 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Oh go on. Someone's got to have a Friday rant...!
Old 31 October 2003, 02:23 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Angry

****** is a derogatory term used by ignorant people.

How can you put yourself forward in a positive way when using negative statements.

Old 31 October 2003, 02:24 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

I guess it irritates me because I work hard with my kids to stop them using this sort of stuff as reference to others, but they see the blacks using it on each other on MTV etc and think its acceptable (whereas if they used it themselves against a black kid, they would be suspended/expelled prosecuted etc). Its a blatant double standard.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:26 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

who says n!gger is a negative statement, as I said earlier. its only an offensive word is some1 wants it too be. if I white person calls a black person a n!gger the black person will interprate it as being racist when a Black guy calls another black guy a n!gger then its OK cause its not being said in an offensive manner. its all about the person on the recieving end taking advantage of the description of a certain word.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:29 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Angry

when a Black guy calls another Black guy a n!gger then its OK cause its not being said in an offensive manner
I've seen it used loads of times in the derogatory sense in films.

If we (non black) are moraly bound not to use it, How can they then claim its ok because its being spoken by another black person.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:30 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Close your eyes.
The room is silent.
Not a sound.

What do you see?

Dr Martin Luther King.
Though so.

Old 31 October 2003, 02:31 PM
DAC
Scooby Regular

correct me if I'm wrong please - but isn't Nig9er derived from Nigerian.

and now used as a dirogatory term by black afro-carribeans who do not like black nigerians. (and I know this is true)

so it is racist - but as both have coloured skins - the do-gooders cannot find a good soap box to shout from.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:35 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Black Afro-Caribbeans and Black Africans have problems with each other as one set were traded for a new G_d and some trinkets. Refusal brought out the cannons.

This division was nurtured as it is better to have a nation divided than united as several small voices tend to drown themselves out.

Nigeria in old maps is referred to as Niger.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:43 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Close your eyes.
The room is silent.
Not a sound.

What do you see?

Dr Martin Luther King.
Though so.

Of course I would see it as reference to black people (thats its origin after all) but why do my kids have to see it in that light also , Why is it becoming popular again in the media ?, Whites aren't allowd to use it. It goes along way down the road of undoing the work done by Martin Luther King and those who carried on his work. Its almost as bad as positive discrimination.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:45 PM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Realisticly the only time you would want to use this word was if you were trying to be insulting....

Fact is your average Black person isn't really gunna give a monkeys if you call him ****** or W@nker or any other such usefull phrase. Either way they're going to be offended.

The fact that they quite happily call each other ****** doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Old 31 October 2003, 02:46 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

The Black Africans were trading slaves long before the Americas were discovered !.
Old 31 October 2003, 02:52 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

DRUNKNORGY I agree with you.
Can't stand MTV as all you get is stereotyped blacks on there "performing".
Gangsta rap style from the men and the women, scantily clad, gyrating all over the gaff so you would hardly even think the complete group could come up with a coherent statement.
If you can bring your kids up, and not let their opinions be biased by the negative portrayals you see, fair play to you.
My children are given there moral code by us at home.
My son came home one day and said a well-known football manager was rascist due to things he heard at school. It was a long conversation in the house that day, I can tell you.
Sorry if I ramble, had some very bad experiences growing up ...

FFS All nations have always used each other as trade livestock!

[Edited by Bajie - 10/31/2003 2:54:22 PM]
Old 31 October 2003, 02:58 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Another thing that these type of groups are singing, which I find intensely annoying is 'widja' instead of 'with you' [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 31 October 2003, 03:01 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

I checked an online dictionary for the definition of racist and got:

[n] a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
[adj] discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion

Going by the above definition most blacks are racist. Why you ask? Simple:

I'm not racist and have no ill feeling towards anyone of another race. I do however **** around with my mates, have a laugh, say the odd dodgy/funny/cheeky thing, etc. Now, if I was black and said to a bunch of other black people that I didn't know very well, 'what's up ma *****'s' they'd probably not make an issue of it and engage in conversation. However (I'm taking this from that film with Chris Tucker and the chineese martial arts guys) if I was white and said the exact same words with the exact same facial expressions and in the exact same tone I'd probably get a kick in.

Basically these black people to whom I refer are racist as they are discriminatory...on the basis of race or religion because they will not tollerate me addressing them in the same friendly manner as their peers.

The defense rests

[Edited by Saxo Boy - 10/31/2003 3:01:58 PM]
Old 31 October 2003, 03:15 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Bajie, Somethings just P!ss me off, and this is my Friday Rant .
I worked for 8 years, with and became good mates with chap who's parents are Jamaican He is English by birth. We had some deep conversations during our work together and at first, he went on the defensive and thought I was just trying to wind him up, but after a time he realised that I wasn't.

He said to me once that he was looking to rent a house and rang the landlady to arrange a viewing. She was really chatty on the phone and sounded keen to get him to view the property.She couldn't tell from the phone conversation he is Black as he is well spoken and doesn't carry any accent. He turned up about half an hour later as agreed to view and even though she was in, and he could see the 'nets' twitching, she wouldn't answer the door. He came away from there and was absolutely gutted (he has a heart of gold and is a real star IMO). This is my defenition of racism, and it absolutely blew me away when he told me .
Old 31 October 2003, 03:22 PM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

reminds me of a song by clawfinger called n!gger :
Talking black pride then you call yourself a n!gger, dont bring yourself down 'cos it just ont figure, its a negative word and the white man made it, gave you a name to dominate and trade it!

anyways, i wouldnt be upset if I was called a honkey! (but I would never say n!gger to a coloured person - same as I wouldnt call someone from pakistan a paki - not to their face anyway, and certainly in no racist way etc etc)
Old 31 October 2003, 03:36 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you close your eyes and say "n!gger" repeatedly, apart from looking rather strange, you sound like a petrol-powered chain saw.
Old 31 October 2003, 04:13 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ Lynne

Hello mate hows the Pup

Hope all is ok !
Old 31 October 2003, 04:28 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Now, if I was black and said to a bunch of other black people that I didn't know very well, 'what's up ma *****'s' they'd probably not make an issue of it and engage in conversation. However (I'm taking this from that film with Chris Tucker and the chineese martial arts guys) if I was white and said the exact same words with the exact same facial expressions and in the exact same tone I'd probably get a kick in.
The Chinese martial arts guy you are thinking of is Jackie Chan and the film is Rush Hour.

I can't watch that film, not due to the high content of the word ****** or the references to black American culture, but rather the poor script given to Jackie Chan. The references/misconceptions to the Chinese, China, and comments like "Do you do that in China?" got on my ****!

If references like this were made to Chris Tucker with reference to Africa then 'Black Americans' would have been up in arms!!

How many of you would have seen that as a double standard??
Old 31 October 2003, 04:54 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've ****** actually thought about it.
Old 31 October 2003, 04:58 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

LOL @ spoon - that's the friday spirit
Old 31 October 2003, 05:00 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Don't know why you are complaining andy - most hollywood flicks suggest all chineese guys are hard as hell, very clever, well well mannered and behaved and generally cool. They put most black guys across as dumb and trigger happy.
Old 31 October 2003, 05:04 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think you should rent out Blazing saddles.

Cracking film!
Old 31 October 2003, 06:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'White men cant jump', that offends me deeply as an oppressed white hetero male, I tried jumping and left the floor by at least five inches, cant jump, what a load of crap.

Would a file called 'Black men cant <<Insert Phrase based on stereotype>> be accepatable ?
Old 31 October 2003, 06:37 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

andy, jackie chan comes from china(hong kong) so reference to him doing stuff "back home" is true but chris tucker in africa is differnt because he's from america not africa.
know what you mean about the film though
can anyone explain, in pulp fiction why sam jackson call's john torvolter(sp) ******?
mike

Quick Reply: Does anyone else find this irritating ?