Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

" drivers survival handbook / etc " - anyone ??

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2003, 07:43 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder if anyone on here has purchased any off the following books that you see advertised within the various magazines every now and then ??

1/ " drivers survival handbook " priced at £19.95, states that it has received several good reviews, " FHM, 100% biker etc ", anyone got a copy ??

2/ " forbidden knowledge " book, free phone calls, scams , etc, etc,purchased one before thru a regular E&M advertiser at a price off £20, turned out to be a pile off a4 printed sheets containing just links to more catchy titles off this nature that you could purchase for a further fee !! anyone else bought this book or know any other real interesting books on this subject ?? !!

cheers,
john...
Old 28 October 2003, 08:01 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Lightbulb

Drivers handbook will be the same thing......a con.

Go to the speedtrap bible for the same sort of info except for free.
Old 28 October 2003, 09:13 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

I have a copy of "The Drivers Survival Handbook" by M. Thwaite (1996), and i do not consider it to be a con!

However, your 20 quid will only tell you information that you can gather from many other sources - but at least it is all in one place, and quite readable.

"A Business Driver's Survival Handbook" by Frank Walker (1993) was a more comprehensive book (Shannon Publications ISBN 1-898206-00-7) - but i think that it is now out of print.

Alternatively get a copy of "The Traffic Officer's Companion" by the Police Review Publishing Company (ISBN 085164-083-4) for a clear description of much of Motoring Law from a "long arm" perspective

mb