Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone here advertise with Yellow Pages?

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2003, 09:51 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just forked out around £1500 pounds for a small colour add for next years Yellow Pages. It's affordable but I would want a definate return in enquiries for that as my budget isn't limitless and it's important I get as much value for money as I can.
I'ver also got an appointment at Plymouth Argyle next week, so they can show me what they have to offer!
Anyone care to offer opinions/experiences of past advertising ventures?
Thanks.

[Edited by andrewdelvard - 10/28/2003 9:54:16 AM]
Old 28 October 2003, 11:47 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

IMO Yellow Pages are a bit of a spent force. It depends on what your product is but most categories are so congested that it becomes a lottery as to whether any punter will pick you out. I find yp sales people very pushy in trying to sell you ever bigger adverts in more and more books. Last year I sepnt about 12k with them and got very little back. This year I have reduced that by about 75%, so we will see if it makes that much difference. I think yell.com is better value at the moment, and i am looking at other internet marketing strategies.
Old 28 October 2003, 11:50 AM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

I advertise with them, it works very well for me and IS worth the money. My company is early in the alphabet ie; Bristol Golf centre, this also makes a difference, spoke to a lot of people whose company starts with letters near the end of the alphabet and they get little response, spend as much as you can to make the advert stand out if poss.
I also looked at the football advert scene, didnt go that route. Advertising is money for old rope and very rarely pays for its self. Ive found the best forms of advertising are yellow pages and local radio.
Hope this helps.
Ian
Old 28 October 2003, 05:26 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Mmmm two very different experiences. I suppose it does depend on the type of business.