Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Life Trip?

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2003, 09:23 PM
Brun's bird,
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys. I'm looking for some advice and suggestions for a little trip i'm planning for next year. My Boyfriend (Brun - would you believe ) suggested i visit all you peeps as there is bound to be one of you who has done a similar thing
i was thinking of going to Canada (or somewhere) for a couple of months to experience what life has to offer in another country. I don't really know the exact criteria of the trip which is why i'm here
I possibly want to do some work to get by, but also travel around a bit to take in some sights.
Has anyone done similar? or can offer some advice on how to go about planning things?
Cheers
Old 27 October 2003, 10:57 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Top for you love
Old 27 October 2003, 11:33 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No-one tried a bit of travel it seems
Now to plan B = make it up as you go along
Old 28 October 2003, 12:24 AM
Slug Slayer
Scooby Newbie

Cool

A good start is to contact the embassy or consulate of the country/ies you might want to go to, to see which visas you need for leisure/work/short and long trips.

A friend of ours spent his savings going around the world on an open ticket (air travel with X number of stops as you go along, so he went to Asia, Australia, etc.). Another one went to New Zealand for 6 months and worked as a waitress for a while before exploring the islands. She had family there but still needed some money in her bank account for the visa (to prove she had the means to leave I guess!).

There is also the organic farming organisation that has a list of people all over the world employing volunteers in exchange for food and lodging. I used to work for one in Scotland and he always had people from South America and Australia going around the world that way. I also knew somebody who went to New Zealand to do it: hard work but a good way to get to know the locals...

Have you had any more thoughts?
Old 28 October 2003, 07:49 AM
Alpine99
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine got a round the world airline ticket for his 25th.. parents came into money after his 21st had gone... The deal was as many stops as you like provided you are always travelling in the same direction.. ie always going East.. he had a great time and did some work in Australia.. Have fun
Old 28 October 2003, 12:47 PM
Brun's bird,
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys Good suggestions
I'm gonna have a browse round the net. I've found some links in a mag, so i'll see what they turn up for me.
Keep the ideas coming, i need to gather as much info as poss so hopefully i can make this trip really worthwhile