"The mobile phone company"

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2003, 04:26 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Guys,

Anyone heard of the above? I've recently upgraded my mobile phone (I'm with orange) and took out a new number, phone etc. I just took a call from these people (number with-held) on my old, yet to be disconnected phone (in my half-dreary nearly finished work state) asking me questions about my account, and whether I was still the account holder, and what my new handset was. Before I could ask them anything they just hung up the phone.

I've just phoned Orange and had a moan with them that they're sharing information like this with other people (how else would they have known I had a new handset if Orange didn't tell them?). Nice but unhelpful girl on the end of the phone said they got the info from Offtel and the only way to stop receiving calls like that is to register with the telephone preference service. I'm not convinced and would like further clarification.

Anyone else had a call from them? Should I be worried?

Simon.
Old 20 October 2003, 04:33 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Never heard of them m8.

hit them with the Data protection act.
Old 20 October 2003, 06:05 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Yes. I have heard of them and I'm with Orange. They phoned me earlier in the year, asking when my contract was due for renewal. They then phoned back at the end of the month I had told them, and asked for more information about what type of handset I had etc. I had received a similar call from a different company a week earlier so I didn't give any information to them. I told them I was happy with the handset I had, and the guy said "you asked us to phone you" and yes he hung up.

A rude bunch of tossers.
Old 20 October 2003, 07:02 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Hmmmmm, so it's not so much of a scam as just rude wotsits colating information which will no doubt be used in the future to bombard us with more calls of the same. Annoyed.

Just a good job they only phoned my last mobile number. That gets cut off in 2 weeks! Haha!

Am I the only one who's agrieved that Orange give out this info though? I refuse to believe that it's obtained from Oftel.

Simon.
Old 20 October 2003, 08:08 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

just make sure you always upgrade in a Orange shop...not phones 4 you, or the link, or the carphone warehouse..

they will always try to talk you into a new contract, higher than your current one oh.. AND make you have a new number

deal with Orange direct or the Orange shop...and you always get to keep your number

simple as.............