Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sticking it to the Sport-Utility drivers in the US

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2003, 07:47 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you may know that I am no fan of SUVs, which I call Murderwagons, rampant in the United States. I am not exaggerating when I say that half the people here are driving trucks instead of cars. Why? Because we are Free and Proud and Strong, blah blah blah, and if we want to drive a 3-tonne truck to go buy a liter of milk, we can!

Right, so on a SUV advocate bulletin board, I saw this rambling, semi-incoherent post:

Subject: ALL OF YOU WORRY TOO MUCH

Hey all!

I just want to say my dad had a Ford Explorer for 4 years (2 leases) and he drove it 30 mins on the highway every day. Didn't haul things very much and didn't offroad much either. You know what I've seen 10 times more than a Navigtor cutting off a car? Some dumbass in a car cutting off someone. Why? Because cars are superior in power to weight ratio and handling. They are better than suv's. A guy in a regular truck could do the same things an suv does, and do they? yes. do coupe drivers do most of the same things (that don't apply to having to go off road or fast over large bumps) yes. Do people in minivans do the same things? yes. If someone in an SUV is pissing you off, **** with them. If someone in a minivan, car, or truck pisses you off, **** with them. Quit hating on SUV drivers, my dad drove one for almost 5 years. He hauled some stuff in it, and occasionally used it to get to places a normal vehicle can't go. You can't tell me that someone who has owned their SUV for more than 3 months has not driven it somewhere a car can't go. Stop hating on SUVs. I have a friend who is driving one because that's all he can get right now! Soon he will sell it and get a coupe sports car, he has never even had it off a road as far as I know. So next time you see an SUV don't start hating, realize that maybe that person isn't an *******. If it is a member of my family, and you cut them off for the simple reason of having an SUV, you will most likely be cut off yourself. I drive a car and I'll do the same thing, MOST suv drivers are no different than other people. What about the guy with the truck that has 36" Super Swampers on his truck? You think getting hit by an SUV is bad, try being RUN OVER by a Ford Highboy.

Judge people by how they act and drive, not WHAT they drive. If the dumbass is in a Civic, treat him the same as if he were in a Navigator.

...to which I responded:

I used to want to see where I was trying to go, but now I just think about how wonderful SUV drivers are. I admire the bone-crushing mass of their mighty vehicles, and I don't expect them to be nimble and maneuverable enough to stop when they see a yellow light ahead. I envy their tremendous capability to haul groceries, even golf clubs! I crane my neck to view them in their lofty perches, and say Hail to Thee, Good Citizen, you have arrived!

Oh dear God, why hast thou smote me to crawl on my belly among the lowly passenger cars? Let me be nearer to Thee, oh Lord, in the lofty seat of an SUV!

HAR HAR HAR now get your fat asses off my road! I hear a gas pump calling you. Time for you to go line the pockets of all our good buddies out there in the sandy parts of the world.

[Edited by The_Lizard - 10/19/2003 7:48:16 PM]