Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Electric shavers WTF

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2003, 10:05 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Years ago i was bought a Boots shaver, think it was called the plucker cause thats about all it did, it was absoloute 5hite.

So i went back to the good old blades which always cut really well, but take time & effort in a morning that we could all do with out, especially after a shed full .

last month after years off using these blades, i decided im sick off buying triple this, turbo that, blades for £5 a go & took the plunge & bought a braun (foil) eleccy shaver 4 £90, thinking that technology would have moved on, allowing a really good clean shave, but to no avail, i still get hairs on my neck that it wont cut. Does anyone know of an electric shaver that does cut cleanly, especially your neck??

[Edited by Andy McCord - 10/8/2003 10:05:56 AM]
Old 08 October 2003, 10:21 AM
Andy486
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use a Braun that has an in-built clippy thing that sits between the two long shaver heads. Not sure if that makes sense but I know what I mean and it seems to work. It also has a separate pop-up clipper for those hard to reach areas.

I have no choice but to use electric - wet shaving leaves me looking like a pizza.
Old 08 October 2003, 10:37 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I contemplated one of those with the rotary blades, but the look puts me off, flymo on your neck comes to mind
Old 08 October 2003, 11:01 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
girlfriend bought me the top-of-the-range-all-singing-all-dancing-with-bells-and-whistles Braun self-cleaning jobbie and so far its been pretty good. i always had the homer simpson 5 o clock shadow even just after shaving but no more.

highly recommended if you want to fork out £160. still have a good old wet shave once or twice a week to get the stubborn neck hairs.
Old 08 October 2003, 11:32 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

I can second Messiah's experience.

I've also got the all bells and whistles, top of the range self cleaning Braun. Best electric shave I have ever had and IMO not far off a wet shave. Though likewise I sometimes have a wet shave at the weekend I don't find the Braun often leaves hair on the neck.

Important to change the foil and cutter once a year though, that make s ahuge difference.

Regards

Robin
Old 08 October 2003, 12:12 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Andy

I returned to electric shaving after years of wet shaving and bought a Braun 7650 Synchro off e-bay. It suits me although you do have to back over your chops a couple of times. It may be that you're just not suited for an electric razor. If your whiskers come out of the follicle very flat, wet shaving's probably best for you.

Cheers
Kav
Old 08 October 2003, 12:22 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bloody hell that was a bit technical , just buy one and see !!