Arnie as a Republican Governor

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2003, 10:07 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

How scary is that!

I heard a quote from one US polititian who said "The job is too big to give someone on the job training!"

Steve
Old 09 August 2003, 10:11 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Sums up the Stateof Americans.... All song and dance
Old 09 August 2003, 10:44 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Like most political votes - charisma will be the decider. Tony Blair's meal ticket for quite a few years has depended on it.

Having said that, i think Schwarzenegger will do a decent job, he's actually been quite political for a long time, this isn't a whim. At least i hope not.
Old 09 August 2003, 11:19 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Like most political votes - charisma will be the decider. Tony Blair's meal ticket for quite a few years has depended on it.
wrong....

Having said that, i think Schwarzenegger will do a decent job,
why?
Old 09 August 2003, 11:35 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

"Wrong" - your opinion, not mine Paul. But we'll never prove it either way, so a bit of a moot point.

As to Mr S - he's a decent enough bloke, and has a masses of experience in many different spheres (and no, i'm not including bodybuilding!), coupled with his and his kids' conditions, that have given him a lot of insight into the type of things communities want and need. Of course being married into the Kennedy family has given him a headstart too. Being the type of guy he is, if he wants a policy implemented, i'd say he has a better chance than the vast majority of politicians of getting it made law. And i think there's a lot to be said for strong politicians.

If he sells out, or it becomes apparent it's just a propaganda exercise to further his Hollywood career, then i, and many, many others will be disappointed - indeed it could wreck his movie career, if in fact he's planning to continue it. But he's been talking about his political aspirations for years - this isn't just something he thought of last week. Good luck to him i say.
Old 09 August 2003, 11:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

" he's a decent enough bloke,"

lol, hes stood on anyone that ever got in his way.

T
Old 09 August 2003, 11:42 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Such as who Tiggs? Or is that just a light-hearted reference to his determination and single-minded attitude to most things he put his mind to?

Old 08 October 2003, 12:27 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

I am inclined to agree with Telboy on this one. Working on the west coast of America as I do sometimes you get to hear quite a bit about what Arnie does outside of his movie career and as Telboy states he already has quite a lot of experience of the political arena.

He comes across as having thought about this carefully and I think he sees this as the next step on from his movie career rather than a chance to further it. Let's face it he never needs to work again unless he wants to so why would he want to pull a stunt like this?
I think he's basically fed up with how overtaxed California is becoming and how they spend far too much time focusing on the worng things in the community (sound like anywhere we know?) and thinks he may be able to do something about it.

Personally I wish him all the best and I reckon California could be a better place if he gets elected.

Regards,

tiggers.

[Edited by tiggers - 8/10/2003 12:28:58 PM]