Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road works: Is it a Uk thing??

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2003, 11:11 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else notice the pathetic attempts at getting road works finished???

why cant they just work 24/7 to get these things finished and someone to monitor that the work is been done fast and correct.

I drive past loads in London with if any only a few workers looking stupid. The hold ups.. the loss of revenue to local shops etc.. the danger...

They must be laughing their bloody heads off. Most of London is dug up.. and never seems to be put back....

The councils are wasting millions and i bet some is going into pockets ....

When LA had the earthquake.. they built the freeway and got the city back on its feet within months...

Here....just lazy ******* getting lots of overtime etc for no real end result.
Old 02 October 2003, 08:53 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Here: When they built the A1(M) between Alconbury and Peterborough, it took 'em 4 years to build 18 miles on an existing line, dead flat all the way.

France: during those same 4 years, the French built over 100 miles of motorway, from scratch, over some of the most mountainous terrain in France.

Here: We are at last getting the high speed rail link between the tunnel, and London, (where's anything NORTH of London, do I hear you ask?? And well you might!), but it's taking our lot 7 years to build about 70 miles

France: The French built the line from Paris to Lille, to the tunnel, 400km, or 250 miles, in 5 years!!!

I've used the French as examples here, as I am very familiar with France, but it could just as easily have been the USA, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan etc etc etc.

And there are other things I could quote, so, yes, I think it's us.
Alcazar
Old 02 October 2003, 09:09 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on quite a major road to where i live its taken them 3 months to dig a hole/trench which is about 700 yards long, then they filled it in againand what a mess they left.It nearly shakes the fillings from your teeth . just to add, after they filled it in, they proceeded to dig it up again and fill it in again after complaints, but its worse than ever with that crappy tar/gravel mix on some parts. Surely either these workers have no pride in there work or the council dont give a **** as long as its done cheap.

I'll be complaining tothe council (again ) about the state its in and will send them a bill if i need new shockers for my car