Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that makes you a hero then !

[Edited by DRUNKNORGY - 10/3/2003 2:51:03 PM]
Old 10 March 2003, 04:25 PM
Boss Hogg
Scooby Regular

Angry

Humpty dumpty - how good would you have felt if you had touched and killed or seriously injured the rider? You're a big hero playing chicken with a biker, in a car, cos let's face it what's the risk to you? Just wiping the blood off your wing...

Also I'll happily be accused of being gay in my leathers , cos when I came of my bike on the M11 I was glad I had my full Nankai's on.

[Edited by Boss Hogg - 10/3/2003 4:28:39 PM]
Old 10 June 2003, 06:40 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Everyone should be MADE to ride a bike or on pillion IMO before passing their test, that way they would understand what its like 'not' to have crumple zones and airbags etc to fall back on when it all goes **** up.

Cars are promoted as being tanks on wheels these days (ala Vulva adverts of not so long ago) which they aint, but I still reckon Joe Bloggs & Co. think they are invulnerable in their nice wee steel cage.

[Edited by Jye - 10/6/2003 6:40:41 PM]
Old 27 September 2003, 09:27 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

[rant on]

OK, let me start by saying that I don't think all MC drivers are arseholes (in fact, most of them drive better than car drivers), but this one was...

Picture the following scene:

Me sitting in traffic behind a bus in Lewisham. Narrow road, congested both ways. Anyway, I was sitting behind this bus, waiting for a gap to appear so I could overtake. Finally, there is a gap, so I start to move out towards it (thought I checked my mirrors properly), but this ragged motor cycle comes zooming up behind me, filtering through traffic (which I don't mind), definitely more than 30mph (which i do kind of mind).

He beeped me to alert me he was there, which was fair enough, so I stopped. Then, his mate on the bike behind him drives past and deliberately hits my wing mirror with his fist! The wing mirror didn't break; thank you subaru engineers for designing it to fold the 'other' way as well!

Now, every biker will say things like "yeah you c*nt, serves you right, you scooby driving *******", but wtf was that all about? Fair enough, I should have looked more thoroughly, but the first rider beeped me, and alerted me to the fact he was there, and no way was I even near hitting him!! There was just no need to *****ing hit my car* and then sit at the traffic light in the traffic in front and laugh at it. If he had broken it, one of us would have ended up in hospital or prison.

My point is, I think, that I get cut up every day, and I have to brake etc all the time for 'stupid drivers' (which i was today, a bit), but no way would hit their car or do anything like that! Hell, I don't even do verbal abuse!

***ARGHH Still fuming***

Next time I'll go down to Lewisham I'll take the Clio instead. Bar-stewards!

[rant off]

ok, feel a little bit better now At least I got to go right up their ***** and scare them with my horn while they were waiting in the next queue (They actually jumped )

Old 28 September 2003, 11:29 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Doesnt sound like you deserved that at all mate... Only time ive done it is when this merc jumped a red, almost hit me and then screams at me and calls me a c*nt. I effectively invoiced him £300 for a new mirror. You deserved NONE of that from what you say...ll
Old 28 September 2003, 01:23 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

I also got grief from a bike rider and his mates whilst out for a drive the other weekend just because in his opinion i should have let them overtake before me even though they were behind me in a queue of traffic as the bikes overtook me the all shouted,swore and swerved towards my car ,my kids were scared to death.
Old 28 September 2003, 02:33 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

I don't see why some riders feel they have the right to damage cars anyway in circumstances like these.If they have a problem with the driver of the car,then they should inform the police or tell them(maybe the driver will even listen),not destroy other peoples property.They may get a shock if the driver of the car decides to return the favour and.
Old 28 September 2003, 03:14 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Angry

I also got grief from a bike rider and his mates whilst out for a drive the other weekend just because in his opinion i should have let them overtake before me even though they were behind me in a queue of traffic as the bikes overtook me the all shouted,swore and swerved towards my car ,my kids were scared to death.
We only get pee'd off if the car drivers deliberately close the gap to stop us coming through.

If your stuck in a queue in your car, letting a bike through won't make any difference to your journey, and I would never offer any verbal to anyone unless they did this.

As for the biker knocking a mirror, unless someone tried to 'have him off deliberately' (IE:- moving to block their path) I can't see any justification. It sounds like they over-reacted.

Old 28 September 2003, 03:53 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Nope didn't close any gaps the road was clear infront of the old dodder we were following this guy just took offence to the fact that i didn't let him go first i was already half way past the car when bike came screaming up behind me his behaviour and his mates were way over the top took hours to calm my youngest down again
Old 28 September 2003, 04:24 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Drunknorgy: Yeah, I don't at all mind that, but out right "attacking" someone's car is just stupid... good job for him i'm an IT bloke and not some armed gangsta

I think I'm almost over it now, and thinking back at it, I think they were just jelaous of the car or something, but it's still bugging me slightly... In a way I wish I'd gone up to them and talked to them, so next time it happens I will...

It's just so annoying, everyone need to give everyone else a break IMO
Old 28 September 2003, 04:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

<<<We only get pee'd off if the car drivers deliberately close the gap to stop us coming through.>>>

Oh, like it's your God-given right to weave all over the road and not wait in any queues etc etc.
If I had my way, I'd make all cars wait in queues in a staggered formation, close up, to close all gaps to arrogant tosser bikers!
Alcazar
Old 28 September 2003, 05:53 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Alcazar

Im going to assume that your comments are just bait! OK!

But if they arent:

IT IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO FILTER IN TRAFFIC! As long as you do it safely and dont affect either flow of traffic then its completely legal.

HTH
Old 28 September 2003, 06:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Bikers shouldn't be on the road. No seatbelts, no airbags, no crumple zones, no rollover protection. Any car going for type approval with this specification would be denied and it would be illegal. Ooh, and how do bikes score in the NCAP safety tests?

I'd ban them all just for those gay looking multi-coloured leathers.
Old 28 September 2003, 06:08 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Most bikers have little ***** syndrome, where they have to behave overly agressive and act like total show offs to try and compensate. I also have my suspicions as to what attracts them to the tight leather outfits, if you know what I'm saying.

My favourite thing is coming up behind them on roundabouts and sharp bends especially in the wet - they get shown up for the inadequates they really are compared to an AWD Scoob.

At the end of the day they should go out of there way to be nice and well behaved such that other motorists look out for them, respect them and take care - but you end up seeing them like pesky hornets buzzing around making you slighty nervous and just want to swat them.
Old 28 September 2003, 06:11 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

You should have taken the **** out.
Old 28 September 2003, 06:14 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Wink

CorradoBoy and Scooby DICK! You're just jealous that I have a physique which looks good in leathers. Whereas your ample frames would have to be poured in.

Yes, some bikers are tossers, but so are some Scoob drivers. (hint hint)

Jer, are you really that much of an ignoramous. Ah... I see you're from Scotland!

[Edited by rr_ww - 9/28/2003 6:17:01 PM]
Old 28 September 2003, 06:19 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

MC driver in this instance was ****. GF actually had a cyclist kick her door (thankfully not in my scoob at the time ).Just as well I wasnt in the car as I'd have driven after him with the passenger door open!
Old 28 September 2003, 06:36 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

You're just jealous that I have a physique which looks good in leathers
Err, no, no I'm not jealous. You keep your physique and your gimp suit to yourself.

I personally beleive that bikes are unsuitable for public road use. Fine as track toys, but given the stringent safety standards required for cars I feel that bikes don't have a place on the roads these days. I love the thrill of piloting a fast vehicle on a challenging route and almost got into biking, but they are quite simply too dangerous and one day, some busybody politician might notice and make moves to ban them.
Old 28 September 2003, 06:39 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

but they are quite simply too dangerous

its a choice we make - if there were better training for both car and mc drivers / riders there would be alot less fatalities - do you really want to condone a nanny state!!!
Old 28 September 2003, 07:09 PM
Scot123
Scooby Regular

Jer, are you really that much of an ignoramous. Ah... I see you're from Scotland!
rr-ww stop being such a pr1ck....
Old 28 September 2003, 07:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Talking

<<<IT IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO FILTER IN TRAFFIC! As long as you do it safely and dont affect either flow of traffic then its completely legal.>>>

Well, OK, it WAS bait, BUT:

The ones I object to are the ones who: a) weave from inside to outside to inside etc in order to pass as many cars as poss, b) the ones who pass on the outside of a line of standing traffic, and expect oncoming traffic to get right over to give 'em room, and c) the ones who can't even wait at the rear of a queue at say, a set of S.A.L.T traffic lights.
They are just plain daft. IMHO, of course.:
Alcazar

Old 28 September 2003, 07:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

**************: please read my post above before starting to flame me.:
Alcazar

And edited to say thanks **************:
PS: why not have a shorter username, it takes me ages to type yours?
:
Alcazar

[Edited by alcazar - 9/28/2003 7:27:46 PM]
Old 30 September 2003, 08:13 AM
Chris_p
Scooby Regular

ur talking bout the minority of bikers that act the *****.

so ur telling me if u have the oppotunity to pass all that traffic and do it in 5 mins u'd prefer to wait and sit in a it for half an hour.

i had sum jumped up posh ***** the other day in a merc get out his car and hurl abuse at me because id passed him. passin cars in traffic jams is fine if done properly,
Old 30 September 2003, 09:43 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Shows what anti bikers exist on this bbs with comments like ban them, should have taken him out mate etc. Bunch of w@nkers,

Bravo I have owned loads of bikes. If someone kicked my Scoob, even if they were walking along the street I would take them out.

>>Jer, are you really that much of an ignoramous. Ah... I see you're from Scotland!
Im the ignoramous? With comments like that I dont think so.

Old 30 September 2003, 10:37 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Okay I really must go to anger management classes. But I would have dragged him of his bike and give him a good kick in (size dependent).
Old 30 September 2003, 10:51 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Had one come up the left of me on a roundabout. Small space in traffic to go so i did. So did he, he didnt realise i had gone too and wanted to turn right, so he lent over and had the fright of his life when he saw me in 172 clio about to run over the top of him. He then decides to turn round call me all the cxnts under the sun ...... Gary's foo foo valve goes and gives him no room, he then leans over on his bike and tries to kick my car ..... So let me get this right .... he is in the left hand lane and just assumes he is faster than everyone else and can turn right, no indication, no thought for other road users. When he sees me he gets scared and swears and tries to kick my car ....hmmmmmmm.......so I drive on down the road to where he stops behind his other biker mates in a layby. As I go past he gives a friendly wave using all his fingers bunched up, I think you know the sign im talking about ........ I dont think he had counted on my temper, 172 spun round, back to the layby and tell the fxcker to get off his bike. Oh no he doesnt wanna know now, even with all his mates around him. Complete tosxer.

It aint all bike riders but it seems to be alot of them who are like that.

Here's another while im on my soap box .......Santa pod the other week, quiewing up to get in on the main road, sat for around half hour. Motorbike tries to do the usual come past you in a queue manovoure coz they can. I shout at the guy to wait his turn he gets upset as does his mate.
The pay stations are the same for cars and bikes, so why the hell should i sit there and wait for all the bikes to trundle to the front and pay in the same way that i have to?

Thats my bitch over and done with ...haha ...feel better now
Old 30 September 2003, 11:26 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

friendly wave using all his fingers bunched up
PSML Quality!!!

BB

Good and bad in a walks and all transport mechanisms....

Quick Reply: Feckin Motorcycle drivers!!