Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Snooper S6R

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2003, 12:59 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does this system tell you the speed limit on all roads? Asking because I got a NIP today for 39 in a 30 when I thought it was a 40 limit & if the Snooper doesn't tell you it wouldn't have helped as I was fully aware of the mobile unit's presence hence was 1mph below what I thought was the limit!!! (Later on way back noticed a limit change on the road which all 3 in the car had missed!).
Old 25 September 2003, 01:04 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

No, the Snooper S6-R Neo will only tell you what speed a static camera is set to, it does not alert you to the speed limit of every single road you travel on. You can however set it to sound an alarm if you go over a preset speed, but since this has to be done manually for each road it's neither use nor ornament.
I got a NIP from a mobile van, and the S6-R didn't bleep once. It does bleep at every single automatic door, ATM, police station, set of traffic lights, etc though. Very useful

[Edited by MJW - 9/25/2003 1:06:10 PM]
Old 25 September 2003, 01:33 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

"I got a NIP from a mobile van, and the S6-R didn't bleep once."
So spending 380.00 on the S6R would be akin to stuffing the cash down a drain then as I've only fallen foul of Mobiles.
What did the manufacturer say about the lack of 'It does exactly what it says on the tin.....' (Assuming you complained to them - I know I would've!).