Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How can I lower my Uric acid levels

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2003, 08:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been told the Uric acid and calcium levels in my pi$$ are twice what they should be.How can I lower them to proper levels.

Chip.
Old 23 September 2003, 08:58 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Talking

Short term drinking more fluids will dilute the levels & help keep gout & stones at bay.

Long term you need to find out why you have so much calcium & uric acid being produced & stop it at source.GP would do tests & treat accordingly.

Mark
Old 23 September 2003, 08:59 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Who told you that in the first place?
Old 23 September 2003, 09:09 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Talking

As per what red dog says.Whoever told you should know what to do about it.If all else fails try this for advice :-

KIDNEY STONES

Mark
Old 23 September 2003, 09:17 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

Just had to do it..!

Dan

Old 23 September 2003, 09:18 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Triple decker bus load of Eric's off to the sea side.
Old 23 September 2003, 09:42 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Did 24hr test the other day.Seeing Consultant 2moro. I'll see what he says. Already drink about 5-6l water every day but seems to have no effect.

Chip.
Old 23 September 2003, 10:07 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Lesson one :- don't take medical advice from Scooby Netters!!

Wait to see what doc says!
Old 23 September 2003, 10:10 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Talking

Is that tap or bottled water?If bottled check the calcium level on the label.

Mark
Old 24 September 2003, 09:34 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Cool

fat middle aged male's are The most susceptible to Gout. uric acid causes the blood to crystallize, this causes inflammation of the joint, normally left big toe.

Because it is furthest from your heart and has the least circulation.

Go to the doctor, probably give you Allopurinol tablets, you have got to take them forever.

Anything to stop the pain attacks and buggering up your kidneys.

And yes I have gout, pass the Port and the Stilton
Old 24 September 2003, 11:38 AM
RocketQueen
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hey what a brilliant magic eye picture!

<stares patiently>

[Edited by RocketQueen - 9/24/2003 11:39:31 AM]
Old 24 September 2003, 12:03 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

My mates got monstrously high calcium levels in his system at the moment. Normal levels are up to 5, they want to operate at 15 - his is 65 . Its been going on for a couple of years now and has nothing to do with his calcium intake. The Calcium is being leached from his bones and risking osteoporosis, and pooling in his kidneys. He said it is a condition called parathyroid something or another (overproduction of a hormone) and has been going on for about 2 years.

The quack will operate to remove some glands thus reducing the ability to over produce.

If he doesn't have the op, he will end up in a wheelchair or it will destroy his kidneys.

Hes 38 (and he was best man at my wedding so I am not happy that he is so ill )

They are dragging their ***** and even though his sister is the private secretary of the surgeon who will perform the op, He still will have to wait until november for the op. ******* Dodgy NHS system is a load of shyte IMO
Old 24 September 2003, 12:37 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Cool

Old 24 September 2003, 02:13 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Allopurinol tablets are a preventative treatment for gout, but it sounds like you have kidney stones.
Drink plenty of fluids and avoid purine rich foods (oily fish, offal), and cut down on alcohol consumption.
Old 24 September 2003, 02:24 PM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Have you heard of glyco-nutrients? Its something that is only just coming over to the uk - I have quite an international family which is why I know about them. They are big in the US/Australia and is becomming more widely known about in the UK

Essentially there has been a lot of research into diet and nutrition. A lot of the nutrition that our body needs to function properly no longer exists in our diets - over farming, processed food, chemicals etc. If you put this nutrition back in, the body begins to heal itself without the need for aggressive chemicals/pharmaceuticals which cause their own problems.

There has been a lot of documented evidence for treating illness such as this take a look at:
http://www.realizewellness.com/food_...t_stories.html

There is one company that provides these nutrients: Mannatech - I've been taking their products for a year and I've not had a cold/flu or been sick since I started. My mum is involved in the business so if you need any more info/products let me know and I will put you in touch.

When you start to understand how this stuff works it really blows your mind - they predict this will be the next trillion $ business and I can well believe it!

Best of luck,

Cheers,

Richard
mail me offline if you want.

[Edited by Richard Work - 9/24/2003 2:26:33 PM]
Old 24 September 2003, 02:33 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Question

this is really cool - you just take this glycononsensenutrient stuff, and, according to the website, you will be cured of any illness you ever had or might have had in the future.

call me a cynic but quack quack
Old 24 September 2003, 02:54 PM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Fair enough...I was exactly the same, cynical about all this sort of thing. I'm 29, I eat healthy (odd McD's excepted...)I'm fairly fit so what difference would it make to me?

Thought it was mumbo-jumbo when my aunt first mentioned it. She visits from Oz about every 4 months and had severe arthiritic swelling on the joints in her hands - she couldn't make a fist (no matter how I pissed her off....)on her next visit the swelling had reduced and her hands were almost normal. This made me think there could be something in it - a year later after taking the products I can honestly say it just transforms the way you feel.

I can understand you being cynical, you don't really understand it. But if you take the time to understand you will realise that the science behind this is common sense - glyco nutrient isn't something made up because it sounds like glyco (sugar) and nutrition to brand a product it is the real medical term.

If you do want to learn - have a look at www.glycoscience.com this is real medical research, I didn't want to post it right away as it is a bit complicated .

Like I said best of luck, everyone is able to make their own decisions in life, I just decided not to pump my body with pharmaceuticals just because my doctor was educated 30 years ago!

Richard

BTW - all those stories are from real people not made up to put on a website - extarcts from a book.

Old 24 September 2003, 03:13 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Richard - I'll have a look at the other site. The first one struck me as being a bit simplistic. It was like, "look at all these people who have been cured for no readily explainable reason". I am prepared to be convinced, though. Out of interest, roughly how much would it cost to take this stuff regularly?

Old 24 September 2003, 04:55 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

D.Orgy,
Can u mail me so I can then mail u back please.

Cheers

Chip.
Old 24 September 2003, 05:46 PM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Sorry - had to go pick up the car....20K mile service, surprisingly reasonable actually - £180 !

Individual products start at about £22 for a months supply. But for optimal health you really need 4 products. Generally it costs around £85 a month, a lot of money really, but the way I see it, I waste at least £50 a month on crap I don't need and I don't ever buy beechams, painkillers, cold & flu tablets etc. so it works out ok. Now that I have taken them it is something I need like sun, water, good food and scoobies

You need to cover the essentials of good nutrition - Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, Vitamins & Minerals and Glyco nutirents. Apparently deficiency in each area comprimises the performance of the others and therefore overall health.

BTW I'm no medical expert, but there is lots of info about this out there and I like to understand things before I go down a particular path. The more I learn the more I am absolutely convinced.

Cheers

Richard
Old 24 September 2003, 06:04 PM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Ok, sorry my turn to be cynical

A surgeon is going to operate and cut out a piece of someone to prevent it producing something.

You probably all think I'm some bloody hippy, but to me that doesn't make sense. Would the right approach not be to remove the cause of the over production. An example I heard over the weekend - antacid.

Food sits in the stomach, it is not digested quickly. The body thinks we have a lot of stuff here, lets produce more acid to break it down. The result is heartburn or burning/stomach cramps as too much acid is produced. Prescription approach is neutralise the acid with antacid - as it causes the burning. However the body thinks, sh~t it must be a huge bloody steak in there lets produce more acid and really digest that thing!

Now what is really going on is that you need enzymes in your body to break down food. As we get older (every 10 years our natural production of enzymes reduced by 10%) we produce less enzymes and therefore heartburn/digestion problems become more likely. Instead of treating the symptom - acid, we should treat the cause -lack of enzymes the body will adjust and the likelyhood of the problem is far less likely without side effects.

Just an alternative perspective......

Richard
Old 24 September 2003, 06:11 PM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry, last post... I'll get off my soap box for a bit now.....

I think the point is we take a very short term view on things - do you want it right or do you want it right now!

In the previous post the person doesn't know that he/she has lost some enzymes, all they know is they have pain. Antacid might stop the pain right now, but it will come back... Taking yakult or siilar won't stop the pain at that moment but would reduce it happening again.

It's changing our mindset and being proactive with our health, rather than waiting until we are sick....

Richard