Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Drivers on mobile phones.

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2003, 10:41 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you just hate the idiotic drivers who driver whilst talking on their mobile?

I was out for a couple of hours today, and was astonished at the amount of people doing this.

They are selfish, arrogant, full of their own self importance and a downright pain in the ****.

I make no apologies if I offend any of my fellow ScoobyNetters who carry out this dangerous practice as I would be equally as honest to your face.

The amount of near misses and dangerous manoeuvres I've witnessed first hand, down to the "arrogant ones" is amazing.

Can't wait until 1st December, cos the government have passed a bill making it an offence for anyone to use a mobile phone while driving! Woo Hoo!

And those poor Porche/Mercedes/BMW drivers, what are they going to do with their right (sorry, phone) hand now????

Did I mention that 5 of the ar$es that I saw doing it today were driving Beemers?

Here is my proposal to Tony's lot..........

Since it will be an offence (£30 non-endorsable I believe) as of Dec 1st, why not make things interesting and make it endorsable.

Anyone caught talking on a handheld phone, 3 points and a £60 fine up yer ar$e!!!!

And heres the good bit, if you are caught twice in 2 years, an automatic 6 month ban and ordered to re-sit your driving test as you are a danger to the masses.

This is the only way I think folk will stop doing it, as a £30 fine isn't a deterrent, just like seat belt offences, fog light offences etc.

If points were given out, people would be a lot more careful.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Old 19 September 2003, 10:44 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

London's roads would be empty!

Virtually every second or third car you see here has its driver on the blower.

It's not yet registered with people that it's dangerous. How long did it take to persuade people to wear seatbelts even with the fines that were brought in?
Old 19 September 2003, 10:48 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

I agree with you dude!

Last night driving home in a rain storm I seen some silly bint talking on the phone on the motorway. She had only her sidlights on, then pulled out without signalling & done 60mph in the fast lane.

You could tell she wasnt' paying attention, cause she ended up waaay behind me & didn't pull back in, even though she could have.

Typical innit?

I shout and point at them

And speaking of BMW drivers, one of them really pissed me off earlier, so we came to a 40 limit, where I sat at 38 the whole way (you could tell he was impatient), then I left the tosser behind when it went back to NSL I laughed my head off at him