Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Post Office - 66.6% of my mail goes missing, grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2003, 06:53 PM
f1
Scooby Regular

Location: yeah like ~I'm gonna put it on here and tell you !!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Corradoboy...............

ditto, ordered a set of plates from Fancyplates.com, 2 weeks nothing, e-mail them, they check Royal Mail tracking says they are lost. Fancy send second lot out, 2 weeks, nothing. I contact Fancyplates, they tell me recorded number. I ring up R.M, they tell me it's return to sender, on it's way to RLB. Fancyplates posted it on 280803, RM decide to send it back to them, delivery failed on 300803. Now I can't get RM to call me / speak to me as to what the hell is going on. It seems Fancyplates are having MAJOR grief with RM at the moment. RM are costing Fancyplates a fortune. As for my plates ? NO IDEA, RM seem to have lost BOTH sets, somewhere !!! Now I call and e-mail Royal Mail everyday, and will do until they sort this mess out !

If you have ordered plates from Fancy, I promise you Royal Mail are messing it up, don't get irate with Fancy like I did. It's not Fancyplates' fault.

ooops spelling mistakes

[Edited by f1 - 9/3/2003 6:59:03 PM]
Old 03 September 2003, 12:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

In the last month I have ordered 4 items from the net. 3 DVD's and some soft furnishings. So far only 1 of the items, and 1 of the 2 replacement items have actually made it to my house. That's a failure rate of 66.6%. Out of 6 items I've only got 2. I have today emailed, written to and phoned all of the Post Office customer care departments and the mail watchdog. I am now thinking of posting some of my cats litter to myself in a DVD sized package with a note telling the thieving little ****** in some sorting office what I think of him.
Is anyone else having the same difficulty with their post, and if so, what measures did you take to try and rectify the situation. I have never had a problem in the past and it is very annoying to be a victim of theft in this helpless manner. Some of the compnies I am dealing with have hinted that if the situaion does not improve then I may be blacklisted.
Old 03 September 2003, 01:13 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

cb, i sent myself 10 letters over 10 days with a credit card size piece of plastic in it so it looked like i was waiting for a credit card. i got 5 back and never saw the rest. it was after i had a card go missing and someone spent some money on my account.

i asked my bank why dont they have a picture of the cardholder on each card and an activation code (like mother maiden name) before it can be used? too expensive..................bollox

some sticky fingered f*cker is working in your sorting office m8.
Old 03 September 2003, 01:20 PM
ChrisB

Places like MBNA, RBS Advanta and Egg make you activate a card via phone or the 'Net before it can be used.
Old 03 September 2003, 02:36 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Kippax, I hope you have reported your findings to the Royal Mail Customer Care?
Unfortunatly, this kind of theft is well known in the post, and is on the increase.
We used to be able to look at a new entrants criminal record, and if they had one, not let them in. Now though, that is against there human rights! and I believe they dont even have to sign the OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT anymore. We've lowered our standards way too much I think, and are now reaping the rewards of all the deadhead scum we have working for us.
chris.
Old 03 September 2003, 02:39 PM
Alpine99
Scooby Regular

I got a plastic card through the post the other day.. It wasn't credit card or anything important, just a membership card, anyways the letter had clearly been opened before it got here.. I did complain but don't expect any feedback..
Old 03 September 2003, 02:46 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

chris, yeah i did let royal mail know (i think it was consignia at the time) and it seems ok now.

Trending Topics

Old 03 September 2003, 03:11 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Our internal police guys are actually very good at catching people. We had one guy at our office who was nicking stuff from the canteen! The internal guys came in, on the same shift as him, and watched him pocket a MARS BAR before going to the till, and not paying for it. Soon as he walked out of the canteen, they nabbed him, now fired, thank god!
We also have a state of the art cctv system in our office, that can read newsprint from 20 feet over your head! It is soo easy to set suspects up in this business, it makes me wonder why people bother nicking off us internally, just post a few test items, like you did, and track them through the system, or better still, just have the suspect handle them. If any goes missing, you've got your man/woman.
chris.
Old 03 September 2003, 03:51 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

i would love to set scum up like that for a job...how rewarding would that be
Old 03 September 2003, 06:56 PM
f1
Scooby Regular

keep hearing about Customer Service ??? WTF is that in Royal Mail ?
Old 03 September 2003, 10:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I don't exactly feel better, but at least it isn't just me. Stuff it, I'm gonna post some cat **** to myself in DVD cases. I don't care how much it costs me, I'll be well chuffed if a few go missing.
Old 04 September 2003, 05:22 AM
f1
Scooby Regular

LOL, good on you, go for it !!! HEHEHE