Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

FAO Billbill and Lizard

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2003, 09:40 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't seen anything from you for a while. Hope you are both well.

Les
Old 31 August 2003, 02:26 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

I was touring Lithuania for more than a week, and barely able to go online. The trip was great, it made the place come alive for me. Saw some incredibly bad driving done in really nice cars. Well, and some bad cars, too. I climbed castles and crawled catacombs, and ate more mushrooms than most people eat in a year. (You probably already suspected that about me, anyway.)

You would get a laugh out of that Grutas Park that has the old Soviet statuary tucked away in the woods. My father was laughing at the old communist songs blasting from the loudspeakers on the fake gulag towers. Sort of a bitersweet expereince; his mother was sent to Siberia in a cattle car like the one parked in front of the place. She did make it back, though.

Old 31 August 2003, 03:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Great to hear from you Lizard, glad to hear you enjoyed the visit. I have been to a couple of concentration camp sites, made me feel very angry to see them realising what had been done there. We know one or two people who had similar experiences to your grandmother. Good to hear that she got through it all.

Les
Old 01 September 2003, 08:40 AM
Billbill
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear Lizzard made it back also.
It is refreshing to hear that you Father found some humor in the communist Fakery.
Welcome back lad.
Old 01 September 2003, 10:35 AM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

It was funny to see Dad and his cousin who drove us there, recognizing certain statues that they remembered from various towns. The Lenin that used to stand in Vilnius now preaches his politics over a pond; his thumb broke off and now sometimes birds nest in the hole.