Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Interesting Experience

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2003, 10:49 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I was back in the UK at the weekend and had the misfortune to be flashed by a speed camera on a dual carriageway. The good news is that I was driving a friends French registered car at the time. Will they try and track down the driver? My friend just laughed when I mentioned what had happened and told me that whenever he's in the UK he drives through cameras as fast as is safe to do so. In fact he makes a point of trying to set them off. He then further revealed that he was stopped by an unmarked car last year on the M40 doing 115mph and was let off! Surely foreign motorists are subject to prosecution? Anyway the upshot of this is that I am now going to get myself a French driving licence which I will be using on return trips to the UK.
Old 28 July 2003, 10:55 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be OK, having a French licence if your British won't help if you get a pull on the road. They'll suspect you have a UK licence and will investigate. However any ban in the UK only applies in the UK, so you could continue to drive happily in France whilst under a UK ban.