Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Atkins update !

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2003, 09:37 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How is everybody doing ?

I started last Sunday, clothes feel looser, more energy now after a lousy week.

Havent cheated too much but having been entertained by freinds twice this weekend (very rare, bloody typical though seeing as I am on this now) I have had a couple of glasses of wine and a G and T but on the food front I have found it easy to stick to, no cravings worth mentioning as most of my favourites are included, even enjoying drinking gallons of water, have cut Coffee down from about 6/7 a day to one a day, sometimes none.

Enjoying it really, food is great if you put the time and effort, breath no worse than normal, little bunged up, could cut tiles with it !

Was 227 pounds on Wednesday, will weigh again mid week and see what happens.

Old 13 July 2003, 10:22 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm off it

I got my weight down to what is probably correct for my height but it couldn't get the last bit to go (i.e to look ripped). I had three weeks of intensive atkins and I got to the stage where I was only having one meal a day as I was never hungry! If anything I was putting fat back on as well I sat down and thought about it and concluded that my metabolism had dropped to snails pace and that's when I decided I'd taken Atkins as far as I could for now.

So, now I have cereal in the morning (oh god how I've missed that) a banana and and apple for lunch and then an low carb meal at night. I'll do this for a few weeks to let my body adapt and then I'll introduce pastas and breads again. If anything I'd say I've lost a little more by switching back to a more carb orientated diet as my metabolism is up and running again.

I was very pleased with atkins and it worked very well for me I recommend that anyone tries it but I would warn that it won't make you look like the front cover of men's health on its own
Old 13 July 2003, 10:37 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

4 weeks now, 1.5 stones gone, loving the food, only missing rice with curry and roasties with sunday lunch.
Tea & coffee now decaf, but still only 2-3 cups a day.
Getting a bit fed up with eggs & bacon for brekkie.
Energy fine, wooly head went after 1st week. Gonna keep it up until weight loss stalls or I hit 15st.
Old 13 July 2003, 10:39 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

[Edited by corradoboy - 7/13/2003 10:41:58 PM]
Old 13 July 2003, 10:42 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

3 weeks and i have lost a stone and a half, think ill stick it for another 3 weeks then i should be about write. Gona have to start to buy me some new gear as non of it fits me any more.
Old 14 July 2003, 07:05 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

5 weeks and 2 stone gone for me

sleep better,never hungry,more energy and feel much better

weird thing though is...............you KNOW your stomach is empty but your aren't hungry? weird,is that the saem for everyone else?
Old 14 July 2003, 08:38 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weird thing though is...............you KNOW your stomach is empty but your aren't hungry? weird,is that the saem for everyone else?

yep!

It will be a month tomorrow that I have been on the atkins, have lost just over 1stone, and I feel much better. Slowly going down, not as quick as the first two weeks. Was reading in the book and it says if you don't have any weight loss or inch loss for over four weeks, then you need to adjust what you are eating.
Old 14 July 2003, 09:46 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
I gave up on the atkins but doing something similar. It's called the south beach diet. It's less strict but the end result is the same!! Strange thing is i've not lost any weight BUT my clothes are fitting much better round the waist and hips. Funny really! I'm much happier on this diet and losing inches in the right places is more important to me that losing pounds!!
Old 14 July 2003, 10:35 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

First week of induction lost half a stone, then I kinda plateaued, cheated abit towards the end of induction, been on the booze, still kept the weight off and I dont eat as much as I used to, well certainly dont get hungry as often. Having some carbs but early on in the day.

Dont think I could live a life of no crisps and bread though!