Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shared Drives...???

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2003, 06:20 PM
Tricky Dicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Does anybody on here know anything about the way Shared Drives work......
Basicly.....been in our house for 6 years..my car parked in the garage in which there are 3...wifes car parked on the drive at the back of the house..... which i pressume is supposed to be used for turning the cars as its quite a large space.
New neighbour arrives........and says we cant park at the back of the house as its a shared drive.

Have already phone mortgage company for copy of deeds to boundaries.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had similar problems
Old 04 July 2003, 06:25 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

there was a thread on this a few weeks ago, may be worth doing a search
Old 04 July 2003, 08:26 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

not sure if this is helpful
Old 04 July 2003, 09:21 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

tell your new neighbour not to **** about with the Triads. That should shut him up.

(More realistically - If you have been parking there for 6 years with the blessing of the old resident, you may have potentially created a covenant which allows you to do so, although 7 years may be the timespan required. If so it would be down to the new resident solicitor to ensure that no such covenant has been created or advise his client that one exists. It doesn't have to be in the deeds. I would try the following conversation

"Hello Mr new neighbour, I have taken advice about the parking issue and have been advised that a positive covenant has been created between the tenants of the shared drive which allows parking on the drive whilst maintaining the right of way to the garages. However, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with you, so maybe we can work towards an agreement where we can both park our cars and be happy?" )

If this fails revert to Triads
Old 04 July 2003, 09:23 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

p.s. - If there is a negative covenant in the deeds forbidding parking in the shared drive (as per other thread) then he is correct...
Old 04 July 2003, 10:28 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

lol i started that one

update on our situation is that the neighbour continues to park block the entrance with the same visitors so I am waiting for the weather to turn ****ty before I give him a reminder what a Toyo Proxes T1 tread pattern looks like

we are also fed up with the fact that he cannot talk but has to shout all the time so he basically ruins the relaxing time in our garden, going to put a serious sound system in the shed so that we cant hear him

robski