Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Need to blow off a little steam...

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2003, 12:02 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...after an incident on the road just now.

I was driving back home from Tesco, as ya do, when the familiar sound of an ambulance siren breaks through from behind somewhere. Seeing it in the rear view mirror confirms it's rapid approach through traffic from the rear. Now it's a busy road, traffic both sides including buses etc. so everyone including me is doing their best to pull over and make space in the middle of the road for said emergency vehicle. Well, ambulance passes without incident, and I check mirrors to ensure that the person pulled over behind me isn't trying to over-take me now (which has happened before)or anything daft like that, and I pull out to continue my journey.

Next thing I know is some idiot screeching (and I mean screeching!!!) to a halt just to my right and a little behind, in one of those funny looking little white Toyota vans, after trying to run his way up the gap the ambulance had made in the middle of the road, at what was quite obviously more than the 30mph speed limit for the area.

So I pull out infront now that he's stopped (just), and continue up 50yards to a set of red traffic lights. The moron then procedes to exit his vehicle and walk over to my open window and shout at me for not checking my mirrors. Several obsenities later and he gets back into his little white van and tail-gates me for another mile or so at exactly the speed limit (because I didn't feel like going any faster ) before turning off.

I just needed to share this with the community in an attempt to reduce that adrenalin fueled anger/frustration with the guy who couldn't see that what he had done was wrong (and bloody dangerous).

I've stopped shaking now. Thankyou.
Old 07 June 2003, 12:17 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is exactly the reason why people should be given an IQ test before they are allowed to take their driving tests. Maybe then some of these animals who are stupid and cause others to crash through their own idiocy will be stopped from passing their tests.

Old 07 June 2003, 12:18 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Just savour the fact that he'll probably have a massive stress related hear attack one day.

Can't understand people doing this sort of stuff

One day he'll hassle someone crazier than he is, you gotta remember for every nutter there's someone worse, he'll prob end up getting shot.

Was he ginger??
Old 07 June 2003, 12:39 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An exit from your vehicle was required to help this chap back to his mutant van, had he refused help then you could have bounced him back in using reasonable force.