Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Alleyway update

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2003, 02:37 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some of you may or may not recall my issues with the alleyway that passes the bottom of my garden

all has been fine and dandy until one of the ******* decided to be clever and vault over my fence 'for a dare', the problem for him was that since the last 'reccy' I planted a nice row of thorny bushes on account that it would prevent burglars

Said ****** has apart from causing himself minor injuries more or less wrecked a pair of designer jeans bought by his parents

I've only had the mum round saying why plant thorny bushes in the garden, what value do they have and how an 'innoccent' child could lose a ball over the fence and climb over and in doing so injure themselves

FFS, if someone loses a ball all they have to do is come and knock on the door and they can fetch it

with parents like this whose 'kids can do no wrong' this country is ****ed!!!!
Old 27 May 2003, 02:39 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

What you plant on your property is your business. Him trespassing on your property is however the business of you, her and the police.

Old 27 May 2003, 02:41 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

Cool

result CC - doubt they'll be jumping over your fence again
Old 27 May 2003, 02:42 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

she was miffed because hard earned cash has just gone up the swanny, thing is these people like to blame everyone but the kids

I'd have got a leather belt from my old man had this been me
Old 27 May 2003, 02:43 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

CC, I had a garden with a fence backing on to a small car park, and asked the police about security. They gave me a package which specifies a list of nice thorny plants to put by your fence to deter thieves.

So tell the stupid bitch that you were following police advice.
Old 27 May 2003, 02:46 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

to be honest the kid did really hurt himself legs scratched and all that but for a start he was young enough to have been in bed anyway. This is what gets me what the **** are the parents doing while these kids are on the prowl. Do they not think that they should be looking after them instead of just letting them run wild

there's no ****ing discpline in this country it's not down to the police or teachers but parents to instill discipline

Old 27 May 2003, 02:53 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I would say to the parent:

Thank you for identifiying the trespasser, I will now contact the police. I assume you're happy to be a witness?
Old 27 May 2003, 03:00 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

I understand that if you are under 16 in this country you can do what the **** you like, use whatever language you ****ing like, stick two fingers up at teachers, policemen, nurses in casualty yeah mates bird is a nurse in A&E she gets abuse on a regular basis demanding instant treatment........I'd let the ****ers bleed to death
Old 27 May 2003, 03:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes thats the real point CC, we have young children, maybe only 7 or 8 years old running around after midnight when we are fishing after midnight for sea trout. They are playing around a dangerous(to young children) weir pool with deep water and strong currents. When mentioned to the police thay say they can do nothing unless an offence is being committed. There seems to be no sense of responsibility from the parents.

I read some little time ago that an elderly lady who had been continually burgled wanted to put barbed wire in her garden to protect her windows. She was forbidden from doing so by the local authorities because they said that a burglar might injure himself on it!!!!

What is happening in this country I wonder?

Les
Old 27 May 2003, 03:53 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

with parents like this whose 'kids can do no wrong' this country is ****ed!!!!
True CC.

We have an area of open space adjacent to the houses. During the past 6/7 yrs. myself and a couple neighbours have mowed the grass, weeded, planted bulbs/pansies and cared for some very large mature holly trees.

But as new children moved in & others grown up we gave up with the flowers. Against my better judgement and always the optimist I planted some flowering shrubs instead.

Saw them being trampled and the tree branches being broken down so I went to speak to the kids. Instead of saying - carry on and the next thing that gets broken is your leg! And despite the "they're not your trees they're ours" from one of the little angels.

I took a deep breath a did the "do you know how long it takes for the trees to grow and look pretty" bit. Next Mom's on the drive with "How dare you chastise my children" My don't we live in a select area

Followed by "why are you complaining they're too small to break down big branches anyway"

[Edited by banshi - 5/27/2003 3:55:06 PM]
Old 27 May 2003, 04:01 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

the parents need a good slap in my opinion

I must admit seeing the little **** squirming trying to untangle himself from the thorns was quite satisfying up to a point. In the end though I had to help him free
Old 27 May 2003, 04:06 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

she was miffed because hard earned cash has just gone up the swanny, thing is these people like to blame everyone but the kids

I'd have got a leather belt from my old man had this been me

and me too, about time people started to take responsibility for their actions, it is his fault as he chose to trespass on your property, how the hell wil he learn if mummy just goes out and buys him new jeans, he should have to make do and perhaps that will remind the little ****** not to do it again.

Make you wonder about some people don't it?!?

Nice idea about planting thorny stuff to deter them - Good job!

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 5/27/2003 4:07:39 PM]
Old 27 May 2003, 04:07 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

You should've had a nice rottweiler (who you haven't fed for bit) in the garden to guard your bushes too! Bet the little fella would've soon been untangled from the thorns and back over the fence when faced with a hungry rottweiler!
Old 27 May 2003, 04:08 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

I agree. If I had gone home and told my Mum and Dad that story the old man would have given me a slap on the @rse and a right telling off.
Standards are deffo on the slide these days.
Old 27 May 2003, 04:12 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

good on you CC,
you should have took some covert pictures as well LOL.

mind you, some PC parent would probably think you were taking pictures of kids in pain for some act of indecency!!!

this world we live in is foooooked up large mate...

we can only do our best by our own kids.

all the best

BB
Old 27 May 2003, 04:13 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

trouble is these days kids have no fear anymore of anyone or anything, there's no deterrant

no joke if that had been me 15 years ago I'd have begged the person NOT to tell my parents, I'd have offered to mow the lawn or something. The parents are doing these kids no favours, the kids must learn from their mistakes. Too many parents don't realise that they are responsible for shaping how their kids will turn out as adults. They can't just sit down with a *** and a drink and let the kids roam the streets
Old 27 May 2003, 04:21 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Maybe a nice low barbed wire entanglement would be good just inside the fence, only about 6 inches of the ground with ivy growing all around it would be good, We used them on exercise in the Army and it is most amusing watching someone try to get out of it, failing that a row of razor wire danit coil is even more amusing, I got caught up in one on exercise in the US and it was a ******* to escape from funny when you look back on it thought perfectly safe because you know it is there! there is absolutely no reason why anyone should get caught up in it because anyone in your garden would have been told by you to be careful and mind the new Ivy plantation, therefore anyone caught up in it should not be there! therefore are trespassing which is a criminal offence is it not????

[Edited by Wurzel - 5/27/2003 4:24:09 PM]
Old 27 May 2003, 04:24 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Its your own fault m8.
You should have had broken glass on top of the wall so the little git slashed his hands before he jumped in your thorny bushes

Would have not marked his jeans though so the mother would probably not have visited

I'd have set my mental dog on the little sh*t.
Alas
Old 27 May 2003, 04:33 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Alas, my gran used to have broken glass concreted onto the top of her wall when she lived in North Shields, don't suppose you would get away wth it now just incase a burgalar hurts himeself.
Old 27 May 2003, 04:33 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

oops double post

[Edited by Wurzel - 5/27/2003 4:34:31 PM]
Old 27 May 2003, 04:40 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

funny thing is the guy is such a cheeky **** like well'ard toughnut swaggering around like he owns the place

he was in tears by the time I'd got him free and these are only tiny bushes

"I bet you've been deep in the bush before but I bet it were nothing like this" - he didn't see the funny side
Old 27 May 2003, 04:48 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Here's the mentality of one of these so called "responsible" parents

I was sat in a beer garden with my Alsatian "Toyo" (Muppets were here ) She's not the biggest dog in the world, but there's enough of her
Anyways, two kids start teasing her from the other side of a bush, Toyo starts going off on one, i tell her to be quiet, drama over. A bit later on, a parent on his way to the bar stops at the table and says " next time mate, let the dog go!! It's my son and hes always gobbing off to dogs, he's really scared of them, it'll do him good to get a good biting"
I'm all for teaching kids right and wrong and being quite strict with them, but telling a total stranger to unleash his dog on my 7-8 year old to teach him a lesson
The next time the kid teased Toyo, I got him to come round and stroke Toyo. Hey presto, kid now understands that not all dogs are viscious killers. Had I let Toyo off, i'm sure i'd have been ok in court.............NOT

Mikey
Old 27 May 2003, 05:13 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Cool

Good story Mikey.

Bit like a couple of weeks ago, spotted two spotty little 'orros skipping school and hiding in the park drinking lager and eating crisps (they looked about 14).

They shout my dog to get his attention so after 5 minutes he goes over. I get a quick "Does he bite, mate?", he never does so I answered "only if he doesn't like you! But he'll bark at you first" as I'd now spotted that my dog was eyeing up their crisps.

Next thing the dog starts barking as he wants soem crisps and teh two kids jumped up onto the bench and started crying! LMAO. I walked over, put the dog on his lead and the kids ran off after giving him their crisps!
Old 27 May 2003, 05:18 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Whats the tosser doing playing football with designer jeans on
Old 27 May 2003, 05:59 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

lo at that last one !!
he shoudl have been in shorts then he would have something to moan about !!
Old 27 May 2003, 06:04 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Aren't these irresponsible parentsof today, the kids of yesterday, who's parents didn't believe in telling off or punishing ?
Things go full circle, I bet in a generation or two we'll be returning to tougher parenting again. Roll on the good old days of respect and discipline.
Old 27 May 2003, 06:18 PM
OllieC
Scooby Regular

Cool

LMFAO at the whole thing..... nice one cc. I planted a load of little thorny bushes for my Aunt a few years back and got a few thorns embedded in my arm and hand. All went septic and itched like bug'ry for over a week, if I remember correctly. Ha!! That'll teach the *******
Old 27 May 2003, 06:29 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

So let me get this right, some parent has come round and given you grief as thier sun was trespassing on your property. FFS! The little git should have got a clip round the ear for trespassing!

I dunno, the youth of today. i think it does stem from bad parenting though. My personal opinion is that it's due to high teenage pregnanies, so children, well, ok, adolescences are having kids and they don't have the same values out parents did, thus they don't discipline the kids as we were, hence the moral decline we are now faced with.

One thing I will say, these ******* are somewhat better behaved than most american kids I can tell you, hmm, maybe this is where it all stems from?
Old 27 May 2003, 08:39 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

So we should get any teenage mothers we find, as being a teenage mother clearly shows she has no moral values, and ship her and her offspring somewhere nice, eh Markus? It'd clean up the sh*t from the streets!

Where should we send them? Hmm, Canada's supposed to have a lot of wilderness...

Old 27 May 2003, 10:32 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Well, seeing as we are getting on to the North of the Americas.... maybe the following says a lot of what we are munching over in this thread... here goes :

Native American Indian Verse

Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth.
If people spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves. This we know.
The Earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the Earth. This we know.
All things are connected like the blood, which unites one family. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.
Human beings did not weave the web of life; they are merely a strand in it.
Whatever they do to the web they do to themselves.

Chief Seathl
December 1854

Quick Reply: Alleyway update