Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

divorce iminent!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2003, 12:46 PM
silverscoobports
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone got any ideas on how not to get too badly screwed in my now impending divorce??????
Old 05 May 2003, 12:56 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Get a good solicitor. Plead poverty. Have evidence about money brought into the relationship.

Besides that (without trying to depress you), just pray.

What is the reason for divorce?

Steve.
Old 05 May 2003, 01:02 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

"sell" anything big that belongs to you and you alone to a TRUSTED friend. That way it can't count towards you.

Good luck.
Old 05 May 2003, 01:15 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
and no matter what, make sure you get a 'clean break order' or your finances will be hers forever

Old 05 May 2003, 01:35 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Get a (highly trusted) brother/sister/parent etc to set up a bank account in their name for your money to be deposited in. Move all of you're money into that account and it can't be touched. After divorce, move money back to your own account.
Old 05 May 2003, 01:36 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Become a student. Don't work and for god's sakes don't lose contact with your child. I've been looking for mine for ages..
Old 05 May 2003, 11:27 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Er excuse me.... but why shouldn't the lady get something? I don't know the circumstances but if she was at home looking after kids and if you were married a long time then she would be due half of everything BUT if you were both out at work and both contributed to the mortgage etc... then really just the material objects should be split. CAB will put you straight. Please though, don't always paint the lady as a grabbing S*d.
Old 06 May 2003, 10:33 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

put your scooby in your parents name and get a reciept for£100

give everything valuable away to friends

it will help!!!

i survived and that advice will save thousands and get a good solicitor mine saved me 7 K in one hour .

Old 06 May 2003, 10:59 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

A wise man once said:
dont bother getting married.....just find a woman you really really hate, and buy her a house.....

Old 06 May 2003, 11:41 AM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

too late now but I know a number of guys who spirit cash away into accounts the missus knows nothing about....just in case

mate of mine runs a garage and there's a few very tasty motors being 'looked after' so the money grabbing soon to be ex's can't get their hands on them
Old 06 May 2003, 12:32 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Just listen to you lot!

Talk about blokes sticking together - don't tar all females with the tag of being money-grabbers!!!
Old 06 May 2003, 12:34 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

RedKop:

Not all females. Just the ones who are going through a divorce.....

Steve.
Old 06 May 2003, 12:47 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Be wary of trying to hide monies....if you get found out, the courts will NOT be sympathetic to you at all.

The best policy is fair and honest, and as said above, clean break.

Old 06 May 2003, 12:51 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

what I want to know is why the kid always end up with the mother???

when a woman is scorned they become evil bitches
Old 06 May 2003, 12:52 PM
ChrisB

*Hands CC a brush for some more sweeping statements*
Old 06 May 2003, 12:54 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

Old 06 May 2003, 05:36 PM
Eldar
Scooby Regular

I just love the assumption by some that the original msg was by a bloke. All this sexism from people who should know better....

Colin.
Old 06 May 2003, 05:49 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Colin : Only a bloke would be this paranoid about his dosh !
Old 06 May 2003, 06:09 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Ooohhh! Yes - is it a bloke? Knee jerk responses here!

I (male) had a divorce when a nipper and it was fine (no kids). We split what was shared, kept what came before 'setting up shop' and kept what was paid for directly out of saved individual salary (car, hi fi etc). Simple enough, and with a **** up to seal the deal to boot!

I realise it can get messy though, so just try and keep it amicable and businesslike - even if her mates are telling her (him?) 'take the basta@d for all he's got', and I have heard this said many a time unfortunately!

D
Old 06 May 2003, 09:36 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Do you have children? If not, then you should not get screwed at all.. in fact - even if you have children it might not matter that much.. depends on the judge... what else do you want to know.
Old 07 May 2003, 12:20 AM
Eldar
Scooby Regular

apparition : Ask a solicitor about greed - one sex is avaricious. Hell hath no fury....

Colin.
Old 07 May 2003, 12:40 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

our house is going up for sale this week. i've been fobbed off with excuses for 7 months. went to a solicitor in january and was told we would need to separate for 2 years before divorce. i said **** that i want a divorce now. solicitor said it would cost me about £1500. i said ok get the paper work done. she changed her tune when i filed for divorce. house is now up for sale i will get half of the endowment when it matures and i now get to keep all of my pension

can believe i am the one who is livin out of a suitcase when it was her that did the dirt. started off with "oh i need my space for a while" so muggins moves out to accommodate. january time i get some incriminating emails from a pastor/church type person in new york saying that he/she would love to officiate at a ceremony of love and committment. she had used my old email account to which i still have access. needless to say the emails went to the solicitor sharpish. now i am happy with the deal. i want whats comming to me and she can go **** herself for the rest. BITCH.

[rant over]
Old 07 May 2003, 01:01 AM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

when a woman is scorned they become evil bitches
Actually CC, some of us work very hard at behaving reasonably and not being evil bitches. Sometimes the blokes involved make it very, very difficult not to turn bunny-boiler though.

I'll admit to having been tempted to put all his stuff through a garden shredder, or mail his boss and colleagues with intimate details he'd never live down when I've been let down and treated like ****. However, I just can't actually bring myself to do it. It's bad for the soul, and, as far as I can see, things told to someone in confidence should not be used as an attack at a later date. The other party trusted you with that information, and trust is a fragile thing. It should be respected, even if the person no longer is.

I have issues with trusting people based on how I've been treated, but going out of my way to make the people responsible wary of trusting again isn't going to help my situation. I may feel better in the short-term, but what good does it really do me?

I may be an aggressive and outspoken person, but I react at the time, not sneakily at a later date. I'm not vindictive, although sometimes I wish I could be.

[Edited by TurboKitty - 5/7/2003 3:31:15 AM]
Old 07 May 2003, 01:23 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Arrow

My uncle was thrown out by his wife (when she had an affair) and simply walked out with his three suitcases. She didn't know that two of them contained £30k in cash - all of which found its way into a bank account in someone elses name so she couldn't touch it.
Old 07 May 2003, 11:04 AM
silverscoobports
Scooby Regular

well i am a bloke and we have one daughter but she is not mine but the wifes from a previous relationship but i loves her and she calls me daddy! not sure where i stand on that one.
what worries me is how safe is my scooby!!!!!! its on finance in my name alone.
Old 07 May 2003, 02:04 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Me and my gf split at xmas,still lived together until a month
ago as we have a house together.
We also have a 3yr old son,everything has been fine until the last couple of days.She seems to have gone mador people are giving her advice.We have been getting on well and now we hardly talk
bloody woman do me in

cheers mouse

ps I kept the house
Old 07 May 2003, 03:23 PM
silverscoobports
Scooby Regular

well i havent got the house the**tch took me to court ex partie for some sort of order against me going to the house or harrassing her (which i didnt) she did this on the advice of my own sister who recently divorced(she is a bigger **tch we never got on) i didnt go to court when i was summuned as i couldnt be bothered as i didnt want to go there or to harass her anyway!!
oh and she changed the locks as well!!
now she wants to go out for a drink as friends tonight!! was i wrong to tell her to do one?
Old 07 May 2003, 10:56 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Colin: It is NOT just one sex that is avaricious. My daughter is just splitting up with her fella. They bought a house together into which she put the lions share of dosh. All was going smoothly until some interferring tw@t at his workplace started giving him "advice".He started making unreasonable demands for more money. Now he is on sick leave with stress, she is in a spin and doesn't recognise the monster he turned into breifly. Why can't people keep their noses out and keep their "advice" to themselves. Its amazing how many turn into lawyers when this sort of thing happens.
Old 08 May 2003, 09:55 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Angry

I'm female and I came off worse from my divorce cause my ex was and still is a violent, warped, sexual deviant W*NKER!

Get a good solicitor and don't be reasonable (I was and he took me to the cleaners). If kids are involved, refuse to give up contact and whatever you do, when you see them, don't slag her off (it won't hurt her, it'll just screw up the child. My ex has done this to my 5 year old and now I am having to cope with a very confused and angry little boy). Be nice about your ex even if you feel like ripping her head off, you will come out in the best light!

Good luck!
Old 08 May 2003, 12:42 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Kill them (man or woman) and keep the lot
It will be waiting for you when you get out the clink. If you've been married 7 years it can't be that bad to do another 7 in the nick.
Alas

Quick Reply: divorce iminent!!