Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tattoos, should I ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2003, 07:03 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the deal with henna tattoos then, i assume they are temporary? And i thought u could get temporary tattoos anyway, say up to 5 years?

[Edited by scoobynutta555 - 5/4/2003 8:03:42 PM]
Old 03 May 2003, 10:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 32, male and married, Recently I have had the urge to get a Tattoo and quite fancy commenerating my kids (3 boys) in some way, any suggestions, current favorite is a bitmap from the dig cam, reduced from colour to black and white and then photoshopped, it shows 3 little faces, minimal detail but you can tell who it is easily, wife is dead against it but I am keen and she would get used to it.

Anyones else covered in tattoos ?
Old 03 May 2003, 10:58 PM
beamer
Scooby Regular

Choose carefully they are there for life
Old 03 May 2003, 11:06 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

You're obviously bored. Get a henna tattoo first and see how you feel after a few weeks
Old 03 May 2003, 11:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Choose the area of skin carefully. Coz when the little ba5tards turn into teenagers that hate your guts, and you start to feel the same way, you will need the graft just THERE...
Old 03 May 2003, 11:40 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

In a word; 'No.' Just my opinion though.
Old 03 May 2003, 11:50 PM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

id get there names done but not in english bit like beckams on his ars thats a nice one
Old 04 May 2003, 12:04 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Gut reaction is definitely no. I know where you're coming from, but it's way too permanent for my liking.

Cheers
Kav
Old 04 May 2003, 12:24 AM
eddie h
Scooby Regular

I've got three large tat's, don't regret them one bit, would like more the wife say's no though. Big thumbprint in top of head.

Like other say they're for life (except laser removal with scarring)

If you really want one you'll know and nobody will be able to stop you from getting one. Trust me
Old 04 May 2003, 04:26 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Have their names in Chinese.

I have two tattoos and spent six years wondering whether or not I really wanted one and also spent that time looking at different tattoos to see if one caught my eye. Eventually, when I was 21, a particular tattoo design did catch my eye, so I got it done. A year later, I spotted another excellent design and had that done aswell.
I had them both done on my backside as I do not wish them to be on display all of the time (bit hard to hide with a thong type bikini though hence why I don't sunbathe that much).

I don't regret either and I feel I waited long enough to review the situation and permanency of my impending actions.

Be careful though, once you get one, you tend to want another and another and another....!!!

I am currently trying to avoid any tattoo parlour in a vain attempt to stop me from looking at black and white designs of rearing, winged unicorns to go on my shoulder (as my rear end is not large enough YET - debateable to some I know - to accomodate more designs).

I saw a woman in Wales a few months back who had one on her shoulder and it was one of the best I had ever seen. I really regret not running up and asking her where she had it done and whether it is her own design.

Seeing as I have already got a winged unicorn, I am tempted to draw up my own design of a dragon, but I could however, have both....but that would mean that I would then have four and I would rather stick to two or three....or would I??? Decisions, decisions!!! Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! LOL

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 5/4/2003 4:30:26 AM]
Old 04 May 2003, 09:39 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Spend the money on your kids.

I think they would benefit more.

IMHO tattoo's are tacky and gay.
Old 04 May 2003, 09:52 AM
WRX Baker
Scooby Regular

J4CKO i've got a couple of tatoo's on my shoulder, wrists and right forearm. The one on my right arm is my family name, i was many years ago going to have my girlfriends name tatoo'd just under the one on my shoulder i'm glad i didn't because we split up, but your kids they are yours for life. Choose very carefully where you have it done because i sometimes look at the ones on my wrists and regret having them done. Anyone who says that they are gay is abviously scared to have they done!!!!
Old 04 May 2003, 10:10 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Er wrong....

I just think they look poo.....

As for being scared.....I had to have 8 markings of indian ink placed on my chest and back when I had radiotherapy so I am aware of the pain involved.

.....still gay sorry
Old 04 May 2003, 10:12 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Be careful if your wife is dead against it

My Bro's ex wife was determined to get a Tat, and the more my Bro was against it, the more she wanted one

She had one, they split up, they got back together, so she had another one done, they got divorced

Old 04 May 2003, 10:36 AM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

If I were you I would seriously think about it for a while. I have 2 little ones I had done about 3/4 years ago and I fooking hate them now. At first they are nice to look at, however, a few years later you will notice it in the shower and think 'what the **** was I thinking'. I know I am never going to get rid of them and that upsets me.
Old 04 May 2003, 11:09 AM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

simple - don't do it
Old 04 May 2003, 02:28 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I am feeling a little less charitable to the little darlings today so I reserve judgement, difficult one cos they are so cute when they are asleep but hard work when awake, still like the idea but I think the missus would divorce me based on what her family would say, that makes me want to do it more, not cos I dont like her lot, I do their great but a bit "conventional"

As for being gay, not sure if you mean Gay meaning not good like I used to say at school, as in "Your Sinclair Spectrum is Gay" or meaning a lot of Gay men have tattoos ?

I am not Gay, but I dont care if people think I am, anyway I wasnt going to have the words "I like Mens Bottoms, mmmmmm" tattoed on me. I mean 3 kids, a wife and a People Carrier is a very expensive and Elaborate smokescreen.

Besides yesterday when I first posted I had done a hard days Floor Sanding and felt I deserved a few Stella's and a Scoobynet Session whilst listening to the Chilli Peppers so it alterered my state of mind a bit, still might do it though.

Old 04 May 2003, 02:59 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I am feeling a little less charitable to the little darlings today so I reserve judgement, difficult one cos they are so cute when they are asleep but hard work when awake
1. Told you so

2. Simple. Give them an overdose of barbituates and let the taxidermist do the rest. You can then have them permanently mounted in a corner of the living room, AND go off and have a tattoo of their cute sleeping faces, knowing they won't annoy you in future.

<note to self - I think I've been reading too many of katana's posts>
Old 04 May 2003, 03:33 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

"Your Sinclair Spectrum is Gay"
lol............Thats the one.
Old 04 May 2003, 03:33 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Tattoos are a great idea until several years down the line when the colours have faded, you have lost/gained weight and the area has distorted etc etc.

Definately a big NO.
Old 04 May 2003, 08:16 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Dont bother!
Old 04 May 2003, 11:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well, in my opinion they are total crap - they tell the world that your mind doesnt work right!!

They give an image you might not wish to have in a few years time

My grandfather made me promise NEVER to have any - glad he did!!

My father in law cannot wear short sleeved shirts because he has them (He was in the Army!) he HATES them with a vengance - they have held him back at every career turn!!

Tattoos on women, what can I say??? Imagine what they will look like when a granny??????????????????? YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Pete
Old 05 May 2003, 12:37 AM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Following on from Pete's Comment.... a joke for you

A Nurse is giving an old Welsh Gentleman a bath.

"Why have you got Ludo tattooed on your ***?" She asked.

"I haven't.. it used to say llandudno"

Old 05 May 2003, 12:44 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine used to say 'When In Jamaica Have a Nice Day' or Wendy for short

Old 05 May 2003, 02:18 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

do something mental get some scars, look at them a year later, then ask yourself the same question.

yours,

a cynic.
Old 05 May 2003, 07:57 AM
Eldar
Scooby Regular

Think carefully - after a few years they start to look sh1te as your skin fits less well. A gurl at work is about to have her Laurel & Hardy ******** tat removed, cos it looks horrible and misshapen and started out as a dragon 10 years ago.

Try a henna one first. And use somewhere good, you really don't want someone lacking in ability or sterilising skills skicking sharp thing in your tender bits....

Colin.
Old 05 May 2003, 08:58 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

they tell the world that your mind doesnt work right!!
Everyone knew that about me anyway darlin'
Old 05 May 2003, 09:04 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

I think they look very very common , but thats just my opinion.

Si
Old 05 May 2003, 12:18 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

I agree with you si. Now that I am used to mines the do look slightly tacky and cheap.

Im dreading it when I become old and wrinkly and they start to get all deformed when my skin goes all saggy

I have Japanese writing on my arm, and if I had a penny for everytime someone asked me what it meant I would be a millionaire. It does my head in now. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by Scooby_Loo - 5/5/2003 12:21:14 PM]
Old 05 May 2003, 04:19 PM
stuckhere
Scooby Regular

I just got my first tattoo done last weekend all 5 hours worth.
I had originally wanted one about 2 years ago and did not have my own design or even an idea as to what I wanted.....but it did have to be different and not 'common' so to speak.
Think long and hard about it it took me two years to get my *** into the parlour once I'd found my inspiration.
Do some research on the web and for heavens sake throw as many questions as possible at the artist and look at there previous work and go on recommendations if poss.

Quick Reply: Tattoos, should I ?