Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A trip down memory lane....

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2003, 02:51 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Given that I have the day off I planned to give the car the works (clean, wax, hoover, etc). As usual the weather had other ideas [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, I decided not to waste the day on SN, dirtychicks.com and fhm games and instead have a spring clean!

I've just binned an unbelievable amount of crap that I've accumulated over the years - photos, documentation, receipts, diary's, etc.

What amazed me is just how much stuff I've done, people I've met, and things I've bought even just in that last few years Its not like a lead a particularly active/mental life either yet I found so many things that told a story. Lots of ex-girlfiend stuff too

Imagine what it must be like if your one of these people that keeps stuff but then carry out a similar exercise when you are 70-odd

So whats the point of the post you ask? Well, first just to share my thoughts about how jam packed life can be and how friends drop in and out of your life. Second to recommend having a clear out yourself. I almost got upset at points (some sad memories) but now I've cleaned out all non-essential stuff I feel all the better for it
Old 21 April 2003, 02:57 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Thread hijack:

I have an electronic address book (as many people here do). I haven't cleaned stuff out of it for 8 yrs, so it has numbers of friends in digs at uni (8 yrs ago, so highly unlikely to be still valid). I was going through and deleting stuff, then I came across the numbers of some friends and relatives that have died (cancer, old age).

It is REALLY hard pressing the "Delete" key. Do you or don't you?
Old 21 April 2003, 03:10 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Rough, I know what you mean! I found loads of phone numbers of people I know I'll never talk to again but its difficult to chuck them out even though you know you will never need them again. Go for it I say! In your case I can see how hitting the delete key is hard but there is no point in hanging on to the past IMHO
Old 21 April 2003, 03:39 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I had the same dilemma. Most of the people I considered deleting have probably changed their numbers anyway.

I just archived them off into a CSV file and cleared out the contacts list that way.
Old 21 April 2003, 05:12 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

So true. It really makes you think about how far you've come without doing anything. People & places come & go all the time.

Life doesn't stand still like it may seem. It just moves slowly so you don't notice the changes as much.

Old 21 April 2003, 05:14 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Oh, one more thing....

...You're a complete danger with a pool cue
Old 21 April 2003, 05:34 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

ROTFLMAO

For those that don't know it was quiet (me, my mates, crush and his mate) the other night in the pool hall so I was practising staff (Korean word = bong) spinning with my pool cue

I didn't drop it once and if I had I'd have been on my hands and knees doing 20 pressups