Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Marwell zoo - gift aid

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2003, 11:25 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hadn't been to the zoo in years before going to Marwell yesterday. My favourite - the meerkats - didn't disappoint and, according to my girlfriend, you could see how in love the mummy and daddy giraffe were - which was, well, downright hilarious. It was also very amusing to see parents taking a sneaky look at the signs and offering the animal's name, habitat and social structures to their children - and sometimes loudly enough for 'impress' lucky by-standers.

As Marwell is a charity, they had a few people walking up and down the queue attempting to get names and addresses so Marwell could claim the tax back on the entrance fee. Almost noone signed this, saying "I'm not interested" etc. What is it with people?

[Edited by jlanng - 3/24/2003 11:32:27 AM]
Old 24 March 2003, 11:58 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think people get put off doing things like that by the gauntlet you have to run in most high streets of "charity workers" ( from an agency that takes a dirty great cut ) trying to get you to sign up for everything under the sun.

Kingston is bad, but I used to work in Richmond, and that was terrible. It was a different mob every day.

Steve