Bad Ebay peeple

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2003, 10:12 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi Guys,

Just after a bit of a moan/some advice really. I sold some stuff on ebay. He was pretty quick with the payment, but I sent the goods out about 10 days later, a little slow i know. Now he has mailed me to say he is coming round to my house to get his money back, all of it as I have not delivered the phone.

I replied and said that he must not call round to my house as I don't take kindly to thinly vailed threats. He didn't even ask for his money back so now he has my phone and wants his money back ( i have proof from the carrier that it was delivered but not signed for)

He won't even respond to my email asking if he has the package. Im half tempted to ring the police.

What can I do, i tried emailing ebay but the f**Kking emergency contact link doesnt work and I dont want my weekend ruined by this nutter (with only 1 transaction in 6 months).
Old 21 March 2003, 10:22 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I've been using ebay for about 1 year and have never had a problem. Everyone has always been very friendly, too friendly even. Sounds like he is trying to rip you off, do you think this is the case?

When you say "delivered but not signed for", what does that mean. Are you sure he has it? If it should have been signed for, it this not the responsibility of whoever delivered it, and was it insured? Maybe you could give him his money back and claim off the delivery company for non-delivery?

And if he come near you house - ring the police!

[Edited by supertouring - 3/21/2003 10:23:50 AM]
Old 21 March 2003, 10:30 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

If it was required for the package to be signed for then it should not have been delivered by the post office without a signature.

I suggest calling the post office and asking them.

E-mail him and tell him that you are investigating it and not to come round your house. How did he get your address.

He has a right to be a bit pi55ed off if you took so long to deliver it.

Good luck.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:33 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I have to say 99.9% are very friendly.

The item was "left at premises". I have no problem claiming off the courier if the parcel has "walked" but this guy wont even answer the fundamental question "Has it been delivered". The courier shouldn't have left without a sig so its their fault if he is lying I suppose.

I think this is going to put a huge downer on my w/e
Old 21 March 2003, 10:36 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

He got my address because he needed to send payment to me.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:38 AM
Luke
BANNED

Ambush the Fu*ker.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:45 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I could use 192 to try and get his number but that could make the situation worse. I admit I was a bit late sending it but f*ck me, he doesn't half jump in at the deep end.

Trending Topics

Old 21 March 2003, 10:56 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
It's worring when you send a large amount of money and seemingly get no goods in return. I can understand his reaction. I'm waiting on a phone to be delivered from ebay at the mo. I know the cheque claered 3 days ago in my bank but the person i'm buying off has only just emailed me to say it's cleared today. He's promised goos are on the way and is giving me a good 'review', which I will him as he's been courteous and kept me informed from day 1. I should have the phone either tomorrow or Monday. All together it will have been approx 6 working days from start to finish. You did bring this kind of reaction from him on yourself IMHO! Try the post office and see what happened before you contemplate anything else.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:59 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Unhappy

I would say get his phone number and call him, most people are much easier to deal with on the phone rather than email, and you may be able to sort this out.

If not, tell him that he is not welcome at your house and if he does turn up you will contact the police.

Old 21 March 2003, 11:14 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

red_dog, yeah I can understand that. However, I think going round to someones house oversteps the mark somewhat. I also have the problem of he is refusing to reply to email although im doing my upmost to resolve the situation.

I did explain to him that if it has gone missing, I have no problem giving it back to him. I may be a little slow but im honest ( i realise he may not know that though.)
Old 21 March 2003, 11:27 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Hmmm a tricky problem, most people are pretty prompt and courteous, I always tend to package up stuff whilst the auction is live and then just have to stick the address label on when it closes. I dont think ten days is excessive, he's bought a phone? well cant have handed over much money can he? Ive had to wait a month for stuff before (over xmas period admittedly), best thing you can do is keep communicating inform him of progress and least it shows your doing all you can.

Good Luck!
Old 21 March 2003, 11:31 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

I dont think he will come round mate, i reckon hes trying to scare u.

These people are great at making threats behind a computer screen, he obviously suffers from learning difficulties or something
Old 21 March 2003, 11:47 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Just to let you all know he has recieved the package. Im very relieved to say the least. post more when ive calmed down a bit
Old 21 March 2003, 11:48 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

We all make mistakes mate, just learn a lesson from it. Glad it's all over for you.
Old 21 March 2003, 12:00 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Don't leave it 10 days next time, or if you do, tell them you are going to. Most people I deal with are happy to wait for payment/delivery as long as you tell them first.

Old 21 March 2003, 12:03 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I have indeed learnt from this one. In future im going to do as advised and have the stuff ready to go minus the label and postage, so I can literaly just pop down the po and post it.
Old 21 March 2003, 12:09 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately like most places there are always some nutter$
i sold a jackie chan dvd on ebay for about 7 quid, and the guy that bought it started kicking off he hadnt received it and threatened to come round and take it out on me, my wife and my kids.

Basically he was willing to come down from Peterborough to brighton over 7 quid and was offensive and threatening.
Up to the stage where he was just being offensive towards me i said he could come round if he wished and he could have the proof of sending etc and chase it himself or attempt to get his £7 out of me as he had suggested.
Once he had started threatening my family i decided it was time to talk to the police and report him to ebay sending them copies of all his mails including the headers.

ebay slapped his legs, the police keep it on record just in case and give you a ref number (ooo how useful) but will not do anything else unless he is local to you.
I got a full apology from him and his parents (turned out he was some 15 yr old kid) and the dvd had been deliered but his mum had not told him.....

Old 21 March 2003, 12:32 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

tell the old bill, just in case....

at least they will have it on record and if he does come down, they will know the details before pounding his head with a truncheon.

they have nothing better to do anyway, so take a trip down there.

you will benefit from a better weekend.

some people resort to mindless bullying on the phone.. these are usually the spineless ***** when they get face to face.

i wouldn't worry about it.

BB

Old 21 March 2003, 01:30 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

keep folk informed- i send a mail to say their cheques arrived (use work address as well), another cmail when the cheque has cleared to say it in the post)

T
Old 21 March 2003, 08:32 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just to say i sell on ebay quite a bit,and buy a lot of VCD's /DVDR's etc and the post office do have a bad habit of losing stuff.Not as reliable as you'd hope.
Old 21 March 2003, 08:35 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Angry

Post office and postmen dont loose thing they just Nick it.
I know its not all of them.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:57 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

another thing i always do now is pay and be payed using paypal or nochex. keeps addresses out of it when selling