Caught, 60 in a 30 - or not???

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2003, 10:03 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Hi All,

Came home quite late last night 12 ish, 4 up in the Scooby.

Driving along in Southampton at a very sedate pace(my exhaust is rattling so Im going easy everywhere), no messing around, booting it or anything. Came down a dual carriage way section doing about 40, maybe less - the roads are totally empty. Stop at some lights, and notice a Police Fiesta behind me, thought "here we go". Sure enuff got pulled 2 mins later.

Wound down my window(thinking I really havent done anything here) The Police officer(youngish girl) asked me if I knew why Id been pulled over. I said I have no idea. She said - you were doing well over 60 mph down that road, and its a 30 mph limit. I said, sorry I hadnt realised it was a 30 what with it being a dual carriage way and all. She said - yes well theres lots of students out tonight and I dont want to have to pick them up from off the road. She then said - I wont breathalise you because I can tell you havent been drinking(which was pretty daft as the 3 other people in my car were high as kites and plainly stank of booze). She said ok then thats all.

So Im on my way. Everyone in the car is very confused - I was never doing more than 40 at any point and anyway if she saw me doing 60 in a 30 surely I will be in court and thats bye bye licence??? Well no it wont, because she and I both know it wasnt the case. She didnt check my tax, tyres, licence or anything and I assume couldnt prove I was doing 60 cos shes in a fiesta town car with no camera equipment.

So was she bored or what?? or did she just want a look at the car.

I really dont mind the fact that I was pulled, I m not upset or annoyed, I have nothing to worry about, but I would have been happier if the policing was being used in the area where a murder happend just 3 or 4 days ago in Southampton(the one on national news) rather than wasting time on a lad with a nice car who looks like he has "potential" to go fast.

Oh and this is the 3rd time Ive been pulled now, for doing nothing at all - I have a clean licence, never even had a parking ticket.

Andy

Old 20 March 2003, 10:24 AM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might have fancied a quick leg over, but then seen you had a car full. You know what female bizzies are like, all hot-*****.

Old 20 March 2003, 10:28 AM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Sounds very confusing to me , she probs just saw a group of lads in a Scooby and felt the need to check it out because of the amount of Scoobs that get stolen! However hearing of things like this does annoy me, because as you said, with the other '****e' that goes on, on the roads and streets surely Police time can be used better!!

Dunc. (still very ).

ps. look on the bright side that she didnt give u a producer just for the sake of it!!!

Old 20 March 2003, 11:54 AM
beanster
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Probably my sister in law, I told her to nick you if she sees you, as you're bound to be up to no good.
Old 20 March 2003, 12:00 PM
Big_AL
Scooby Newbie

The rozzers sometimes (well, quite often in fact) pull people over for practice. I've been pulled over a couple of times by blatant trainees with their mentors in the car watching how they cope etc.

Prolly what it was?
Old 20 March 2003, 12:01 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Don't worry about it.
Old 20 March 2003, 12:34 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

beanster got those wheels and exhaust yet then ??

Trending Topics

Old 20 March 2003, 02:21 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I think she wanted you.
I have a thing for women in uniform. Was she HOT?

Ray
Old 25 March 2003, 05:11 PM
beanster
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Not yet... Still waiting for that big contract!
Old 25 March 2003, 06:16 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

ordered my FULL decat, pick it up friday week - hello 260 bhp