Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

hot crossed buns!

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2003, 09:36 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another victim of the politically correct nutters, apparently it has been banned in some schools incase it offends the muslims!!!

i don't know any muslims so if their are any on scoobynet can you please explain how the good old hot crossed bun can offend you?

[Edited by jonny gav - 19/03/2003 08:41:31]
Old 18 March 2003, 09:42 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

The Christian Cross Have you never heard of the Crusades??

While they're at it the PC ***** should ban Easter and Christmas and force all infidels (i.e. the indiginous people of this country)to prey to Mecca 3 times a day [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 18 March 2003, 09:44 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

is it the "cross" that offends - reference to the crucifix and all that.Its a fcuckin teacake with pastry on top FFS.

If they don't like it they can all **** off back to where they belong for my money.

You won't catch me complaining about shami kebabs.
Old 18 March 2003, 09:44 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Bunch of ******* this PC crew.
Old 18 March 2003, 09:58 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

apparently it has been band in some schools incase it offends the muslims
If this is true it is a FCUKIN joke. This country does everything it can to mollycoddle these people - and then we declare war with them.

I don't follow, or claim to know alot politically, but the whole think stinks. Why are we ( we being hard working people ) regardless of race, paying by taxation for this PC bullsh1t to continue?

As above , if they don't like it they can fcukoff. ( that last full stop nearley broke my keyboard )
Old 18 March 2003, 10:06 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Angry

un feckin believable. And to think the Council Tax we pay pays these ar$eholes' wages [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 March 2003, 10:07 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Red face

exactly:

The spokesman added: "We are moving away from a religious theme for Easter and will not be doing hot cross buns. We can't risk a similar outcry over Easter like the kind we had on Pancake Day. We will probably be serving naan breads instead."
must dash, am getting annoyed now.

Trending Topics

Old 18 March 2003, 10:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Angry

we will be serving naan breads instead.
There is going to be sooo much trouble soon, if this **** doesn't stop....[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 March 2003, 10:14 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

As George Lucas once said :

Old 18 March 2003, 10:42 PM
Luke
BANNED

Well I'm sick of onion bajis..Ban them
Old 18 March 2003, 10:43 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] +
+
+
+++++++++
+
+
+

[Edited by BOB.T - 3/18/2003 10:46:17 PM]
Old 18 March 2003, 10:44 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Question

How about French sticks?

That's got to be banned!!
Old 18 March 2003, 10:49 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Angry

Hmm, the council must have control over my posts I was trying to make a cross out of crosses

Who makes these rules up? What a bunch of *****![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Before long there will be nothing left that remotely resembles Britain and we'll all be forced abroad so as not to upset any of the natives[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 March 2003, 11:13 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Wink

Recipe
Old 19 March 2003, 12:37 AM
G.W.Bush
Scooby Regular

While they're at it the PC ***** should ban Easter and Christmas and force all infidels (i.e. the indiginous people of this country)to prey to Mecca 3 times a day
All in good time UB,all in good time..........
Old 19 March 2003, 01:05 AM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

In all seriousness can anyone think of something that a religious minority has been stopped from doing because it might offend the "indigenous british" [for want of a better phrase]or Christians.
(may sound racist but not meant that way)
Old 19 March 2003, 08:39 AM
Luke
BANNED

This is racism at its worst...

Never seen anyone stopping the jews or Indians celebrating their holidays and traditions....

Some get away with everything.... Police in north London are "Asked" to turn a blind eye to the fact that most Hasidic jews dont have insurance ,Mots, driving licence etc.. Traffic wardens tend not to give them tickets.. because of the "Racist card" that is always used..

Until a few years ago .."They " insisted on making the area that I lived in an "ERUV" (religious zone) ...For Fucck sake...this is ENGLAND.

[Edited by Luke - 19/03/2003 09:09:26]
Old 19 March 2003, 09:01 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

There's LOADS of things that have been banned so as not to offend us. Why just off the top of my head I can think of.....uhm....well....was...? Oh no, it wasn't....I mean there's.....uhhh...

Actually...no, I can't think of anything. I guess we're on a one way street where the native* Britons are slowly morphed into a cultural gloop with absolutely no evidence that we were ever a race in our own right.

*native - anyone who was born here / holds a valid British passport / contributes legally to Britain.
Old 19 March 2003, 09:09 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Angry

Am I right in thinking that the majority of people in this country are Christian? Our kids get taught in schools about other religions, so why not let other religions learn about our customs. FFS, they had a display at Hollie's nursery about EID and there's not one ethnic minority attending!
Old 19 March 2003, 09:16 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

In fairness...

The Muslim Council of Britain called the decision "very, very bizarre". A spokesman said: "This is absolutely amazing. At the moment, British Muslims are very concerned about the upcoming war with Iraq and are hardly going to be taken aback by a hot cross bun.

"Unfortunately actions like this can only create a backlash and it is not very thoughtful. I wish they would leave us alone. We are quite capable of articulating our own concerns and if we find something offensive, we will say so. We do not need to rely on other people to do it for us.

"British Muslims have been quite happily eating and digesting hot cross buns for many years and I don't think they are suddenly going to be offended."
I am soooo cross about this. Not blaming the Muslims - I really don't think it's down to them - but the fcukwit politicians who think they're doing the right, no, popular thing by imposing **** like this. They're the same tossers who patronise and insult disabled people by enforcing things that no-one has asked for.

They're the really prejudiced ones - they're just too damn thick to notice.

SB Very cross. Oops - probably shouldn't say that...

Old 19 March 2003, 09:24 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately actions like this can only create a backlash and it is not very thoughtful
Which is the whole point. Look at Jehovah's Witnesses - come knocking on our doors at daft times of day and night, usually now with a moppet in tow, for the "cute, oh come in out of the cold" factor, trying to ram their religion down our throats.

I've got nothing against anyone believing in whatever makes them feel happy, but don't tell me to believe in it too and then tell me I'm going to hell because I don't! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Curry is another case in point. If we were forced to eat curry because country X wants us to, we'd all back off and avoid the stuff like medicine. However, it was just allowed to integrate slowly and we love the stuff!

Arrrghhhh!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]