Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2003, 01:49 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just getting off the phone to Subaru Assistance (remote not turning off immobiliser) when i notice some1 parallel parking a sh*tty old Renault 5 behind me.

Anyway, i continue waving my keyfob around trying to disable the immobiliser. Suddenly, CHUNK, YAY ITS UNLOCKED. So i try to run round to start the engine before the immobiliser kicks back in.

Run round the back of the car... WHAAAAAAAAT! he's less than 1cm from my rear bumper. Run round the front, start car. Get back out to be flabbergasted and check he hasn't hit it.

What i cannot understand is someone leaving their car parked this close to someone else's, especially when i was sat on the fricken bonnet of mine!!! I couldn't even fit my finger down the gap.

I think he hasn't hit it, but it needs a wash so i might find out later. I didnt feel a bump.

Andy
Old 15 March 2003, 02:52 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Don't worry about it- I used to leave my classic wagon on the streets of Paris and it regularly (at least 4-5 times a day) would get hit at some reasonable speeds by Range Rovers , Mercs etc. No marks ever left. As for the reason these IDIOTS do this its because theyhave no car control and no self respect. Selfish scumbags is all they are.
Old 15 March 2003, 03:52 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

lol paris is a joke. Every car new or old has scratches and dents on all corners. No one bothers getting them fixed as they know they will just be replaced by more the next day. They have no idea how to park, probably why so many of them have smart cars now.
Old 15 March 2003, 04:20 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Funniest thing was when I lived in the 17th arrondisement which is supposed to be a bit posh. Before I got the scoob I had an old hack of a MK2 GTI and came back to the house one day to find a brand new 360 Modena being reverse parked into it. The guy hit my Golf doing at least 4-5 mph and actually tried to push it backwards!!!!!!! I could hear his bumpers creaking as he did it. The fool got out of his car decided it was OK and left it there overlapping my bumper by 2-3 cm.
Needless to say I didn't care about the damage to my Golf 'cos it had the old style black plastic bumpers and there wasn't any. The 360 had actually cracked his bumper though- I looked at the speedo and it 500 ish KM's on it!
Had a good look at his car and the bumper was cracked and paint splitting. How on earth these sort of people are allowed to have cars like that I will never know.
Old 15 March 2003, 05:56 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mk2's are a protected species nowadays !
Old 15 March 2003, 06:01 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

J4acko, bloke at work has a Mk2 GTi F reg, black 12000 miles!!
Old 15 March 2003, 10:23 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sheet, I thought mine was low mileage at 79,000 !

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2003, 10:28 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

try living where I live - quite area = Learnerville!! ARGH!!

Scooby lives on the drive, but at least TEN TIMES A NIGHT I see learners practicing parallel parking behing my Audi company car!

AND they are ALWAYS blocking the roads turning the damn things round! 10 fecking minutes to turn a Micra through 180 degrees!!

KILL THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

yeah yeah, I knew it was like this when I moved here. Dont mind really - good traffic calming measure! Stops the boy racers

[Edited by -=Buzz=- - 3/15/2003 10:28:26 PM]
Old 16 March 2003, 12:38 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

That sounds like my road.

We live in a quiet Avenue thing, and at any one given time in the evenings there are 2 learners doing 17point turns and 1 doing parallel scraping.

Andy
Old 16 March 2003, 11:50 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I lived in Italy for a while, and the standard parking method is "Parking by ear" (literal English translation) which means that you go forward until you hear the bump...

Steve.