Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Security guard facing murder charge

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2003, 12:26 PM
555-Shaggy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read this in the news...

A Tesco security guard could face a murder charge after an armed robber was overpowered and shot dead with his own gun.
The guard had himself been shot but scuffled with one of the three masked robbers. The robber was then shot in the head and died of his wounds.
His two accomplices made off in a getaway car with thousands of pounds from a Securicor van after the raid at the Tesco store in Leytonstone, east London.
The exact circumstances of the shooting are not yet known.
The guard was arrested by police and is now being treated in hospital nearby after being shot in the leg. His condition is not thought to be serious.
The robber, who witnesses say wore a boiler suit and balaclava, died in hospital from his wounds five hours later.
Detectives are now waiting to question the guard at his hospital bedside over the shooting. Neither man has yet been identified.
Norman Brennan, a serving police officer and director of the Victims of Crime Trust, said: "Someone could be charged with murder or manslaughter. That is what he faces, this poor individual, if charges are brought.
"But I would expect the CPS to look at the circumstances extremely quickly and make a very urgent decision. I would be very surprised if they charged him.
"This armed robber put himself in this situation - there is only one person to blame for this terrible tragedy."

What is this country coming to.. Lets just hope he gets away with it.. the robber does only have himself blame.
Old 14 March 2003, 12:56 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

Red face

my god, if he gets charged with ANYTHING it is a clear sign that we need a completely new government instantaneously. in who's best interest is it to prosecute him? how is this security guard a danger to society - he should be given a medal. he was shot, took the gun and shot the f**ker that shot him. good work. one less piece of theiving scum in society.

wouldn't bloody surprise me if he was charged though
Old 14 March 2003, 01:04 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

shame he couldnt have taken the other 2 scum bags out at the same time

they could have served them up on the deli counter
Old 14 March 2003, 05:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am amazed that the authorities fall over themselves to protect a criminal from the consequences of breaking the law.

I feel that if you decide to carry out a criminal offence then you should forfeit your rights to protection from a person who is genuinely trying to defend the law or his property or trying to prevent bodily harm to himself or anyone else.

Les
Old 14 March 2003, 05:28 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

leslie - exactly. if you choose to violate someone elses rights then you forfeit your own. full stop. that goes for the instance and the consequences afterwards.
Old 14 March 2003, 05:31 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If somebody dies it needs to go through the right channels so thats why hes been arrested but there is NO way he will be charged IMO.
Old 14 March 2003, 05:33 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

if someone was shooting at me i would get the gun and blow his head off.

tit for tat

Trending Topics

Old 14 March 2003, 05:36 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

If he does then it highlights how ****e the justice system is in the UK. If all those facts are right then I would assume there would be country wide outrage and any chance of banging him up are slim to none.

Reminds me of that private Lee Clegg who shot those people crashing through an armed border barrier and got sent down for it.

Simon.
Old 14 March 2003, 05:37 PM
SL2
Scooby Regular

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword. In this case, the gun.
Old 14 March 2003, 05:46 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

This armed robber put himself in this situation - there is only one person to blame for this terrible tragedy
That sort of thing in my mind "Won't speak for any body else" but he took the chance so it's his fault without a doubt he shouldn't have gone equipped to rob Tough **** that's one less a$$hole to worry about..

And please don’t rant back about any moral of the crap, he shouldn’t gone equipped to rob it's his own tough luck and that goes for anybody that put themselves in that situation like car thieves that nick cars then go and kill themselves what a shame NOT tough as long as they don’t take out any innocent party in the prosess.

If you catch some thieving ba$tard in your house you should have the right to defend by almost any means possible and the scum should not be able to claim off you for given him a good pasting it should be said that they have given up their right to protection once they have entered your property without your permission but no the law is on the side of the a$$holes as per normal!!!

Huxley

Old 14 March 2003, 05:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

You dont get this type of thing in Fortnum's...
Old 14 March 2003, 06:40 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Angry

The security guard should be given a medal for bravery.One less scumbag who thinks the world owes him a living off the streets.
Old 14 March 2003, 06:59 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

FFS. Unbelievable.

Doing his job, despite being wounded, and he's arrested because he accidentally shoots some scumbag who probably never made any sort of positive contribution to the world.

This country has it's priorities all screwed up.
Old 14 March 2003, 07:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

There isn't one jury that would give a guilty verdict, surely??

Certainly I, for one, wouldn't even listen to the evidence One scumbag dead?? Give him an award FFS!!!

Pete
Old 14 March 2003, 07:21 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

NO doubt Lord Woolfe will charge him. End of the day you live by the sword you die by the sword.
Old 14 March 2003, 07:36 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ditto
Agree with all of the above.

He should get a medal for bravery!
Old 14 March 2003, 07:37 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

The guard acted in self defense anyway, so if he gets charged, it is very unjust (not only unfair). From what I've heard, that guard is a very brave man, in that he subdued an armed robber.
It is sad to hear these things, but not surprising after a farmer was found guilty of GBH when he shot a burglar in his farm.
Old 14 March 2003, 07:49 PM
jonny32
Scooby Regular

Its abit the movies,chap shot and injured on the floor ,pulls himself to the gun ,pulls the trigger with one hand (never fired a gun b4) and bingo, shot to the head ,what a guy,,I wish he and his family well.
Old 14 March 2003, 08:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A bloody hero, well done. turd would still be alive if he hadnt tried robbing Tescos, no sympathy with him, just the guard.
Old 15 March 2003, 07:00 AM
Luke
BANNED

The Police will have to do everything by the book on this one. There is going to be a lot of public attention. They probably are looking after him very well. And have explained that in order for ALL things to go well for everyone...they must be seen to be doing their side of the job perfectly.

But why the hell did the guy try to do anything??? for £3.17p an hour or so??????? Thought their job was to Look stupid.
Old 15 March 2003, 10:42 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

I hear the words "in fear of his life" come into it here, and in a situation where violence has been used already and one person injured (it just happened to be the security guard) and a blated disregard for safety, i feel that in the same situation 99.999999999999999% of people who would have got the gun, would have used it to protect themselves and those around them (so tough luck on the robber who had his brains blown out basically).

Tony
Old 15 March 2003, 12:38 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Media sensationalism at it's finest...

Does anyone on here seriously think that the guy will be charged, and convicted?

No chance - no jury in the world would convict based on those facts.

K.
Old 15 March 2003, 01:56 PM
Ted Ed
Scooby Regular

Angry

******* outrageous [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

i hope any sensible judge throws this out of any court..

oh...........the other 2 that got away should be put up against a wall...they would'nt do it again!!!!!

if they get caught they'll probably get community service