Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Snooper S5-R Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2003, 10:28 AM
MDavenport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

OK, so the story goes like this... I got flashed by a gatso a few weeks back in Leicester. Got the NIP and accepted that is was me. Just waiting for the fine and the points now...

In an attempt to stop be getting caught again I decided to get a snooper s5-r. I have a friends who sells them so I got one for cost price of £180 (quite good deal I have been told).

So went out last night to test. Had this set on Logic 3 as told in the manual being best for UK. Went by a gatso and traffic light camera on the way into leicester, never known if they were live, but the snopper didn't bat an eye lid. So I guess they don't work if the camera is switched off?

Carried on into Leicester, still on Logic 3 and went to the place where I got flashed the other week. Once again the snooper didn't bat an eye lid, so went round the block and back towards the camera, this time switched it to Logic 1. I did get a bleeping and I think it said K but I was almost on the camera when this happened.

I thought that band K was switched on on Logic 3 and that all gatsos use band K? If so, why would Logic 3 not pick this up??

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I would like to use Logic 3 to help reduce the number of false alerts, however I do want to be sure that the device is working correctly.

help...

Thanks
Mark
Old 12 March 2003, 01:23 PM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah, logic 3 picks up k band. in practice, i run in logic 2 in order to pick up mobile speed traps (ku band), admittedly they're rare still (most use laser), but get no more false alarms in logic 2 than 3...
Old 13 March 2003, 01:48 PM
MDavenport
Scooby Regular

Are there any Gatso's around that the S5 doesn't pick up??? I went by the one that flashed me the other week and the S5 didn't beep. I also tried this on all bands... Could it be that it has been turned off???

Mark

[Edited by MDavenport - 3/13/2003 1:48:58 PM]
Old 13 March 2003, 01:54 PM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

if a gatso flashes, its emitting a signal which the s5 will pick up. sounds like a truvelo camera to me - these work by strips in the road and dont emit anything...