Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Puppies!

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 07:44 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi there have spent this week driving around the county ..but hopefully it will all be worth it ...Maggie has been to the stud dog and hopefully ..all going well will be having pups in May so watch this space!!
I have to say it wasn't only an experience for her it was one for me as I stood there holding Maggies head and having the stud dog panting in my ear!!!!!lol
yesterday I drove to crufts just to see hime in the show ring!! what a day ...accidents on every road i drive on ..and no they weren't my fault..lol
the worst one was coming home on the other side of M25...does anyone know what happened all I saw was lots of police and some abulances and the M25 seemed closed off..think it was around the sutton area..but not too sure I know it was past the woking turn...or would that be infront of it ..lol
Old 07 March 2003, 08:33 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

why are you having puppies?
Old 08 March 2003, 09:37 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

technically I'm not but hopefully my bitch is ...and it's something I want to do and before you tell me I'm irresponsible I have looked into this for the last three years..I have done my research I am a responsible dog owner..I am not doing it because I think I will make a few pounds out of it or because I think my dog is wonderful ..I am hopefully going to get in to showing later this year it has taken three years to get to this stage and alot of money so far and I know if pups do arrive they will be really hard work but it's just something I want to have a go at! so thats why ..hope this has answered your question
Old 08 March 2003, 11:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Popeye,
Trust me Suzy has done her research. As she's not here at the moment, I'll answer for her (and probably get a kick for doing so )

Maggie (Kennel Club name: Margarite Treble), is a Silver Grey Weimaraner Bitch. She's absolutley lovely. Mad as mad thing with mad bits, but lovely.

She's not doing this for financial gain, though, due to the pedigree of the pups, they will not be inexpensive, but I hate to talk about money when talking about a ickle puppy.

They won't be treated badly either, she'll love them as much as maggie will.

So, if anyone does want a puppy, and meets Suzy's criteria for being an owner (see, told you she has done her research, she'll vette you before you can own one!) then drop her a line.

One thing I will say, they are gorgeous little puppies, very cute, BUT, they grow into big, powerful, and engergetic dogs, so don't get one because 'they are so cute!' There are now a lot of weims in rescue due to people getting them, finding out that a gundog is NOT the same as the happy-go-lucky Labrador, and thus get rid of them.

As you can probably guess, I love Weimaraners too

Suzy - when can I come and play with your puppies, err, umm, Maggies puppies, lol (sorry Suz, one of those days! )
Old 09 March 2003, 02:14 AM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

I breed akitas trust me you will love it hard work but good fun if you need any help or tips give me a shout anytime good luck
steve
Old 09 March 2003, 10:54 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Jap Akitas have developed a bad reputation too like the Rottweiler. They are a lovely dog yet too often the 'wrong' type of person gets them and turns the dog into a fighting breed.

BTW Maggie hope all goes well.
Old 09 March 2003, 11:13 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm sure Suzy will pass the message onto Maggie for you Popeye.

I'm going to have to be very well behaved, as I am sure to try and walk out with a puppy under my coat, though the squirming little weim might give things away. Plus I'm not silly enough to take on any dog at the moment, let alone the attention and exercise craving Weimaraner. Though, would keep me very fit, and the ol thing about girls stopping to pet the cute puppy would be quite cool too

Trending Topics

Old 09 March 2003, 11:47 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Just as a prenatal advert - here's just how cute they will look:

Old 09 March 2003, 10:19 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Cheers steve for offering help and advise..like you may have guessed this is my first adventure into puppies..well other than a mis mated mongrel bitch when i was young..lol
Brenden..cheers for the pup pic..lol saw patsy at crufts she was judging the group this year so there was a lack of gunalt dogs as she is not allowed to judge her own..I've been told a young pup can put an adult weim in its place!sorry bout your pups eye tho ..but as long as he is happy thats all that matters!
Markus..lol when you coming to play
you know you wouldn't get out of here with 1 pup ..you would end up with all of them hanging off your shoe laces as you walked out
I have heard of people breeding for the wrong reasons..luckily I'm doing it for some fun and because I set my heart on giving it a go my pups will live in the house with me and have all the attention they can can get, my children are looking forward to it as are a few other people i know and all are ready to come for play time.
Markus is right I will be vetting potential owners and wont let just anyone have one of these very special dogs I am quite prepared to turn people away who dont fit my criteria and if it means i'm left with a house full of weims ..so be it(mind you bath time will be fun its bad enough with maggie thinking she must join me!!)
Old 03 August 2003, 11:09 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

One of my neighbours had pups. His 'great' plan was to sell them for 600 pounds each. Purely for financial reasons too. Kept them in really awful conditions the cruel b*stard. In the end he sold just one. The rest 'mysteriously' disappeared. Come to you're own conclusions.

What type of bitch is Maggie? Think hard before you do it especially if its a large breed- Oops LOL shes already been to the stud.

[Edited by Popeye P1 - 3/8/2003 11:11:26 PM]
Old 03 September 2003, 11:56 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Oh bum, piccie came out too small this time [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Suzy, hope all goes well! We got a puppy from Patsy Hollings eventually - he's Cute Central, and poor Lorchan, now at the grand age of 11, doesn't know what to do as little'un wants to keep nipping him all the time and he's a bit too old to fight back. Still defends his food though

Unfortunately, due to an accident with a stick a couple of months ago, the puppy only has one eye for the rest of his life. Doesn't seem to bother him though.

Best of luck

Brendan

[Edited by Brendan Hughes - 3/9/2003 11:57:45 AM]