Calling all Bikers......

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2001, 03:55 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Guys,

I know there are a lot of avid Bikers out there and I'd just like to let you in on an absolutely <B>FAB</B> day out....

On Satureday, I went to Kemble airfield (near Swindon) for a day at the Wheelie School. Yes, believe it or not, there is now a place you can go where you can learn to wheelie properly, on the throttle on someone elses bike. They give you a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and you get enough time to put in about 100 practice wheelies!!!!

It's an absolute blast and I came away not only having had the time of my life but I can now pull 45 degree, controlled wheelies on the throttle (no clutch butchering required) with confidence. And because I've learnt the "on the throttle" technique, I can now wheelie bikes that don't have a lot of power so should be able to wheelie pretty much anything!!!!!

Anyone else interested???? You won't regret it - BTW, if you can't pull stonking wheelies by the end of the day, they will give you your money back!!!!

A couple of pics to wet your appetite (from someone who knows how to ride fast but couldn't pull a wheelie to save his life (until Sat!! )):

Go do it, you know you want to

Matt

[This message has been edited by mutant_matt (edited 17 September 2001).]
Old 17 September 2001, 05:14 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Cool

This is something I've thought about doing, but have always been a bit sceptical. Going by what I've read it sounds as though it's a right blast.

Is there any chance you could provide me with the details, or is it just quicker for me to my MCN or PB, etc...
Old 18 September 2001, 08:01 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

The web address is