Spoiled Rotten

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2003, 08:44 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Anyone see this last night? Absolutely unbelieveable.... <shakes head>

A 5 year old getting in a strop because she couldn't have the £1100 coat and had to make do with one "only" costing £130.

A 1 year old's party apparently costing £24,000!!!!

Utterly bizarre...
Old 28 February 2003, 09:03 AM
Luke
BANNED

What about the Mother with the "Model" daughter.

"Sorry darling, Cant afford to buy it for you today".... But said like maybe next week. These girls will be a nightmare. How come they did not teach them how to snort "Sherbert" so they could get some pratice in !!!

The Guy doing kids bedrooms etc..... Bit expensive for His quality.

Best bit was the "Kiddies Cocktail bar" what a great idea. They must make loads.

And the poor boys at the end all dressed up in Dinner suits.... Look like lambs to the slaughter .

Old 28 February 2003, 09:15 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Blimey...this sounds amazing..repeated anytime?
Old 28 February 2003, 09:46 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Not sure, Jen to be honest. The one good part was an 8 year old called Georgina, I think...whose mother kept buying her expensive things, basically to make up for the fact that she wasn't there a lot.

They were sitting in a cafe having lunch or whatever and Georgina said that the best present she could get was her mum as she gets jealous seeing all the other children come out of school to be greeted by their mums and she doesn't. Despite having a bit of a strop at the stables (and she is only 8, so fairly atypical) she didn't seem too bad.

She exhibited pleasure and thanks when her mum bought her a new toy from Hamleys but was more interested in hugging her mum than playing with it.

The others, though...(apart from Tilly, the Interior Decorator's daughter) were spoilt rotten, truly.

To be fair, Tilly's design of her bedroom cost nearly £10,000 and personally I don't see the need for a child of 5 to have a laptop in her bedroom....
Old 28 February 2003, 09:49 AM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Red face

Saddest part was the young girl (with the horse) who said something along the lines of "I dont want presents all the time, I just want a Mummy who will pick me up from school like all the other girls!"

Poor kid. I can only blame the parents. Especially that stuck up ugly cow with all the makeup on!

Mak. [also shaking head...]
Old 28 February 2003, 09:53 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

D'oh...belated double post...

[Edited by Mice_Elf - 2/28/2003 9:54:13 AM]
Old 28 February 2003, 09:56 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

They all need a good slap and I am not talking about the kids.

Sorry but they need to be kids... not mini-adults.

Okay I don't have children but they won't learn the value of anything if they are just given what ever they want on a plate all the time.

That woman in the baby shop saying she would be surprised if anyone thought that pink furry baby harness wasn't work £275. I wouldn't have bought that if it was £10...
Old 28 February 2003, 10:02 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Oh and the shop that only ever buys one of a design in one colour and one size so that the poor dears can't see their outfit on another child at the same time!
Old 28 February 2003, 10:12 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The Georgina kid summed up what a lot of these parents seem to miss. It's the parents the kids want, not the presents.

Georgina's mum said she worked longer hours so that she could buy her kid the presents to make up for lost time, WTF!!! (this seemed to be a continuing theme will all the parents)

She was a silly cow anyway (the mum). Her kid seemed OK (but her mum was trying to turn the kid into a mini-her by the looks of it) but a few years down the line the kid will have some problems as she gradually loses the 'wanting mummy' feeling as all she gets is presents.

Old 28 February 2003, 11:02 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'The Guy doing kids bedrooms etc..... Bit expensive for His quality'

He said it would cost around 8-10 grand!!! A wooden floor and a DIY bunkbed and a laptop PC??? Don't make me laugh please. Must have bought his paint from Harrods!
Old 28 February 2003, 11:56 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yeah the funny thing was in the car the guy was saying o a bedroom is typically 1-2K, pulls up outside a huge house, asks what the budget is, reply is no budget so then says oooo be about 6K, nice work if you can get it!

As a new father (1 and half week old!) I am determined my child wont be a spolit brat, as mentioned they dont know the real value of money and it wont help them later in life. As a friend of mine says 'Theres no such thing as a bad child, just a bad parent!!!'
Old 28 February 2003, 12:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a case for saying that women must be absolutely free to work in any job that suits them if they wish. If they want to have children then they should be responsible enough to chuck in the job and bring up their children properly!

Les
Old 28 February 2003, 12:25 PM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

Damn, missed it as I was Footying. My Missus watched it though. We actually know the Guy doing up the girl's bedroom (Tilly). Used to live near him. He's actually quite a nice bloke, just from a wealthy family. Did he come across as a complete tw*t then? I gather he got a free ad for his pine business on the show by wearing a t-shirt with the website on it. Sounds like his prices are a bit steep!

My wife cheered me up by saying he's gone really fat, can't have everything, eh!
Old 28 February 2003, 12:31 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

He wasn't a twonk - he was just feeling guilty at not spending more time with his daughter, who was also not a spoilt brat, so he designed her room for her. Alleviated the guilt slightly...