Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Today at Work

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2003, 07:33 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I`m working in a house this afternoon, one of the guys from the depot calls and tells me that a wagon has hit my car that`s parked outside the depot. I jumps in the works van, goes back to the depot, to find thankfully, the wagon hadn`t hit my car, but I`d been given a parking ticket!!

On the ticket it has the reason I got it was for being parked half on the pavement. I had passed a polis with a mountain bike 100 yards along the road, so I decides to go ask him what the crack is.

Anyway, goes up to him, he asks if I`m alright, and I say no. I ask if he`s given me the ticket and he says yes. I said that there must be 40 cars parked exactly the same as me, but he`s only ticketed 3 of them. He said my car was obstructing the bend.

If you can imagine this. The road forks 2 ways both at 90 degrees same as a T junction but without the Give Way. Right takes you into the car park, left takes you towards the offices and stores. I`m parked directly at the top of the T so to speak neither left or right. The car on the inside of the left bend got a ticket and also the one on the inside of the right bend. There are no double yellows.

Anyway, as I walk away from him, I say it`s a pity they`ve not got better things to do. So he gets all uppity, and asks me who I think I`m talking to. Then he starts mouthing off saying he wants to see my licence, and insurance. I say is it not going to be the case that people get annoyed when they get a ticket, but he won`t listen. Anyway, I had my licence, but not my insurance on me, so he gives me a producer, and starts saying anything I say may be given in evidence.

I ask him if he`s arresting me for something, as I`ve never heard this with previous producers before. He just starts mouthing off that it`s a producer for my insurance blah blah blah. Then when he gives me the producer, he tries to **** off with my licence still in his hand!! Anyway, got it back and I went about my business.

I know there are polis on this board, but man, this bloke was just a ****ing ******. I know you can`t tar them all with the same brush, but most I`ve ever had owt to do with are always like bears with sore heads.

My advice is, if the job makes you that miserable, get a shelf stackers job at Tesco for ****s sake.

Old 27 February 2003, 07:37 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Wink

totally agree mate every copper I have ever dealt with has had the same arsey attitude. Traffic police would shop their own mother mate so try not to get too hung up on it.

[Edited by Rasher - 2/27/2003 7:38:15 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 07:53 PM
323roy
Scooby Regular

I dissagree with you 2 .Ive watched starsky and hutch on many occasions and they seem fine. Oh and by the way the old bill on trumpton were ok as well even though they were muppets !!!!

[Edited by 323roy - 2/27/2003 7:54:04 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 07:56 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Talking

All traffic cops have to have the mandatory **** star moustach. Its written in their contract. Was yours complying? If not report him. ......Blutes
Old 27 February 2003, 08:02 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

He wasn`t complying actually, but can he be classed as a traffic cop wheen he`s on a mountain bike???

Might report him anyway, just for being a complete ****.

Old 27 February 2003, 08:08 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

As long as you are squeeky clean report the *******- I did a few yrs ago and it turned out that the nice Policeman had a string of complaints against him and he was demoted as a result of my complaint. His attitude problem cost him his career prospects- lets hope your guy gets the same
Old 27 February 2003, 08:17 PM
323roy
Scooby Regular

mountain bike . Are you sure he wasnt an extra out of the bill
Old 27 February 2003, 08:17 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

ive said before most plod are as thick as pig5hit
your car was probably more expensive than his so he picked on it

lost my respect years ago
Old 27 February 2003, 08:36 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Police on Mountain Bikes are in London. I welcome them, they are helping patrol London while catching other cyclist's who ignore Red lights. Nearly been clobered by several of them and watched as several cyclists have nearly been clobered by buses etc after jumping RL's.

Old 27 February 2003, 08:40 PM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well I will say that the last policeman that spoke to me was a straight up guy. There had been about 6 of us out for a nice country drive in our CTRs, no racing or dodgy **** when we arrive back into town and park up a police car goes past and stops. A couple of guys had left their cars running and the policeman said that is an offence but he let them all off. He then said that there had been complaints from the public about us racing (usual **** with loud exhausts). We had a good chat with him and his partner, very nice guys.

You must have got him on a bad day, we all have them. It is just a shame that people don't post about the good things the police do as well.
Old 27 February 2003, 08:49 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

I actually got bit of a police dog in Newcastle after we got beat in the cup final a few years back, (the Bigg Market went up after the final whistle, in came the riot boys and the dogs). I was on the outskirts, just watching the noodles kicking off, when a handler and his dog came past me. The dog bit me on the back of the thigh. I wrote a complaint in to the Cheif of Northumbria police. 2 weeks later, 2 cops turned up at my door, asked if I`d put in a complaint, I said yes, and they told me that I was getting done under Section 4 of the Public Order Act, Threatening Behavior. Reckoned they had me on CCTV doing something.

I went to a solicitor, she asked for the tape. Got a court date, it got postponed, got another court date, solicitor asked for the tape again, then 1 week before the new court date, all charges were dropped. Strange. Apparently there never was a tape. Mind you, they had me ****ting bricks for 3 months.

You can`t win against the coppers. Fact.
Old 27 February 2003, 08:53 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

That last post is absolute rubbish.....
Old 27 February 2003, 08:58 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

yea your right best to avoid the ******* all together

im surprised about all the *** licking people in this
forum do towards the police members

speak as you find is my motto

most of our school bullies become coppers <true>
Old 27 February 2003, 09:00 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I'd like to meet you <edited to stop people worrying>.

[Edited by BuRR - 2/27/2003 10:22:01 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 09:05 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

Danbo that post is absolutely true. They put the ******* up me because I had a complaint in. I`m not a ****ing liar. Don`t **** me off when you don`t know the facts.
Old 27 February 2003, 09:13 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Might report him anyway, just for being a complete ****
So, by ticketing you for illegally parking he's "being a complete ****"?

*sigh*

You can`t win against the coppers. Fact.
Aside from that statement being utter bollocks, you want to win against the police despite doing something wrong?

*sigh*

I sorta see where you're coming from - I got a parking ticket for what was stupidity on my part - but I think it's one of those things that you've just got to shrug and think "bollocks" to it.

[joke]There wasn't the same number of red cars ticketed as number of every other car ticketed was there [/joke] ?

[Edited by chiark - 2/27/2003 9:27:37 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 09:20 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

[Edited by wakeboardar - 2/28/2003 4:53:07 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 09:26 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

No... I was referring to your comment "speak as you find is my motto"

Where I'm sure if we could sit down and have a chat over a beer or two, then you'd see how your view of "all coppers" is wrong.

I'm sure other members of this forum who have met mee "off-board" will vouch for me as a person. No one (to my knowledge) in here has met me through my work.

But no, your follow up post has spoiled that - and immediately you try and show yourself off as some kind of Charles Bronson / Bruce Lee / Chuck Norris hybrid that we meet quite often at work.

As Chiark correctly commented, and now I'll join him ... *sigh* ... but I won't post what I'm thinking right now.
Old 27 February 2003, 09:31 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

if i got it wrong im sorry

but finding my christian name and using it in that context does seem like a threat
Old 27 February 2003, 09:32 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

>So, by ticketing you for illegally parking he's "being a complete ****"?
From what I have read and understood about the description of where he was parked I wouldn't consider it to be "illegal" more "obstructive" which probably wouldn't warrant a charge. After all there were no signs or yellow lines??
Old 27 February 2003, 09:32 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

<edited>

I'm not going to get drawn into another bashing thread. I'll let someone else who knows the law to post.

If anyone wants me, they know where to find me.

And I agree..... SN is not as much fun as it used to be.

[Edited by BuRR - 2/27/2003 9:35:44 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 09:36 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

sorry have i missed something? are there posts missing from this thread? or have some toys been thrown out of the pram yet again!

cheers

big sinky
Old 27 February 2003, 09:36 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I think he felt a little threatened by your investigative work, but you don't need police training to look at someones profile on here do you.

Edited to say my comments are now irrelevant now Burr has edited his valid comment.

[Edited by bluto22b - 2/27/2003 9:38:56 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 09:42 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Underhand posting his christian name fullstop.

It may be on his profile, I haven't looked but then it didn't rattle me to want to look, unlike Burr I guess.
Old 27 February 2003, 09:42 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

. AnMing the Merciless
Scooby Newbie
[ADD TO MY VIP LIST]

posted Thursday, February 27, 2003 20:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually got bit of a police dog in Newcastle after we got beat in the cup final a few years back, (the Bigg Market went up after the final whistle, in came the riot boys and the dogs). I was on the outskirts, just watching the noodles kicking off, when a handler and his dog came past me. The dog bit me on the back of the thigh. I wrote a complaint in to the Cheif of Northumbria police. 2 weeks later, 2 cops turned up at my door, asked if I`d put in a complaint, I said yes, and they told me that I was getting done under Section 4 of the Public Order Act, Threatening Behavior. Reckoned they had me on CCTV doing something.

I went to a solicitor, she asked for the tape. Got a court date, it got postponed, got another court date, solicitor asked for the tape again, then 1 week before the new court date, all charges were dropped. Strange. Apparently there never was a tape. Mind you, they had me ****ting bricks for 3 months.

You can`t win against the coppers. Fact .

If this is true and I'm sure it was. then i would have demanded a senior officer attend the house .Then call a friendly barrister and have all the charges/ alergations read out again.Then make their Life hell. Scum playing the Big boys game.... Happend to a "Mate " a few years ago. Copper got out of his pram about a very simple complaint. made the guys life hell for 3 months. Copper goes on Holiday out of th e UK..................................... And the rest remains a secret !!!!!!!!!

Theres many ways to skin a rabbit.

Edited Wrong name!!!!

[Edited by Luke - 2/27/2003 10:07:10 PM]

[Edited by Luke - 2/27/2003 10:12:23 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 10:01 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs down

Luke

Once again getting a post in to stir up trouble

Get a life

& from the Rules, Policies and Disclaimers to which you made a contract with SN to adhere to...

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
I make that incitement to harrass...

Give it a break, Luke

(& don't construe the use of your first name as aggressive )

Highway Code

218. DO NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriosuly inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheel chairs, the visually impaired and people with prams or pushchairs.
Old 27 February 2003, 10:06 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Ooh, another punchup thread - two in one day - bonus

Hmm, lets see.....<mutter>parking on pavement - offence - ticketed - don't want to take responsibility for own actions - seems pretty clear to me<mutter mode off>
Old 27 February 2003, 10:07 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

Re Chiark:

I don`t want to WIN against them. I just don`t like the way you get spoken to by them. I work in a job where I deal with the public day in day out, and if I spoke to them the way the police have spoke to me in the past, I`d be getting a written warning. Our company pushes "Customer Care" as often as it can, maybe the police should think about it.

After all, we pay their wages. Respect comes from respect.

Old 27 February 2003, 10:09 PM
Luke
BANNED

Puff

read again ...have just edited.. Might make a difference ( I hope)

Then you can edit yours.....

[Edited by Luke - 2/27/2003 10:13:43 PM]

[Edited by Luke - 2/27/2003 10:19:15 PM]
Old 27 February 2003, 10:22 PM
Ming the Merciless
Scooby Newbie

Re: Luke:

My solicitor reckoned I had a case, but like I said, after ****ting bricks for 3 months, I just wanted it over and done with. I claimed off them for new jeans, after the dog bit through them, and that was it.

Sadly, don`t trust them anymore, and probably worse, my dad also lost all faith in them, and he always used to say to me, "You`ll always need a copper".

Now, he wouldn`t **** on them if they were on fire.

Quick Reply: Today at Work