Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Leave Saddam Alone

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2003, 02:51 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If he wants to kill his own people who are we to argue?

M.
Old 25 February 2003, 02:57 PM
Luke
BANNED

Well the Labour goverment is killing this country so maybe you have a point|???
Old 25 February 2003, 02:58 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Yeah We should never have tried to stop Hitler either.

If the leaders of our countries started killing us then I'd certainly want help from somewhere.
Old 25 February 2003, 03:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm sick to death about this ******* war thing. Try being in the USA at the moment, it's a nightmare. It's just about oil and bush jr finishing off what Daddy could/would not the last time. And yet again stupid Tony has got us involved, thanks you fool!
Old 25 February 2003, 03:51 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

How can it be about oil if we refuse to let him sell his oil? We/Yanks will never OWN that oil. It's a rubbish, time wasting and deflecting argument IMHO. Why not go after Qatar or Saudi's oil if its all about oil? Why pick on little tyrant Saddam 'more chemicals than Boots' Hussein. Poor Saddam - he only wants peace; peace of Kuwait, piece of Kurdistan...

You lot are lucky you dont all speak German - lucky Churchill and Roosevelt werent such wimps

We of course should NOT attack Iraq without full UN sanction - its just sabre rattling IMHO. You need to LOOK like you mean it...

D
Old 25 February 2003, 04:00 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Interesting article about the oil question here...
Old 25 February 2003, 04:16 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I speak German
Old 25 February 2003, 04:43 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

how can it be "all about oil" when the US imports only 14% of its oil requirement from the *entire* middle east?

interestingly, the EU imports 19% of its oil from the middle east and just look at the attitude of brussels, paris and berlin. a complete bugger's muddle if ever there was one. if there is a war - and i hope there isn't - it will cost the US economy $billions more than the entire value of iraqi oil production.

well said diesel. anyone bother to read nimbus' link???

it's a red herring, a distraction, an easily-communicated media message used by the oh-so-predictable liberal left as a stick to beat americans who they hate with a passion. and, as usual, gullibly believed by the hard-of-thinking who can't be bothered to find out for themselves.

there's something much more important and fundamental at stake here.
Old 25 February 2003, 04:52 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Dracoro - Hitler actually invaded other countries, in fact it took quite few before WWII started. Slightly different history, like comparing apples and lemons.

A better example from history would have been Stalin. Nobody got involved when he killed 6 million (IIRC) because everyone was scared of him and the weapons he had.
Old 25 February 2003, 05:10 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

I've just read the Times link,scarey stuff,it goes to prove even moreso if anyone needs any more convincing that we NEED to...."GET THAT ******* MADMAN SADDAM OUT OF POWER,NOW!! before he does a " World Trade Center" on the global economy",you won't be so ******* airy fairy then.
(all in my humble opinion.. )
Old 25 February 2003, 05:17 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

The US doesn't get oil from Iraq under the current regime of UN-enforced sanctions. So change the Iraqi governing regime -- lift the sanctions -- get access to oil from one of the current richest reserves in the world. Simple really

Also, if we're looking for historical parallels (which are all crap because history depends who's interpreting it), try this:

In 1914, the strongest military power in the world was made to feel insecure by a terrorist outrage (the shooting of Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand in Serbia). Instead of confining its response to the known source of the terrorism, it lashed out at another country, which it suspected of abetting the terrorists (Russia), and then at another country (France), which was linked to the first. Then it lost the plot. Worst of all, it calculated that the war would be won by Christmas.

It's a big f*cking can of worms that the US is trying to open. It should really stick to its policy of being late into conflicts -- wars that it starts of its own accord tend not to go very well ...

Old 25 February 2003, 05:28 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

Leave him be and let the tree huggers have it on their conscience when he butchers another 300,000 Kurds.

The biggest irony is that stupid peace bus driving to Iraq to protest against war when he makes kills/tortures/starves his own.

Jesus when will these goddamn spineless idiots that plague our society fek off. Line em up like 'killing fields style' and shoot the lot of em. Stop making this country weaker than it is.

Too much pot around the camp fire me thinks.

case dismissed

Old 25 February 2003, 05:36 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Talking

but if you owned a few oil fields yourself you would be raking in the profits now the price has gone up.
Old 25 February 2003, 05:43 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Can someone answer me a question. APPARENTLY 99.99999% of the british population DO NOT WANT WAR with Iraq !

I don't know anyone that thinks Saddam should be left alone to carry on doing whatever he's doing and we've had 12 years of sanctions in order to try and stop him doing what he's doing !

What's the Alternative to War ?
Old 25 February 2003, 05:51 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Jasey ,it'ts not what we want(i don't 'want' war)it's about what we NEED.(we NEED war) see previous post.Did you read the Times post?

[Edited by matty01 - 2/25/2003 5:51:55 PM]
(i'll get it right eventually )

[Edited by matty01 - 2/25/2003 5:57:27 PM]
Old 25 February 2003, 05:53 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

The alternative to war is a raging bunch of terrorists AND Saddam but with nukes and [more] bio/chem weapons....I.E. there is no alternative,this is the last resort that is viable in this senario

[Edited by matty01 - 2/25/2003 5:57:54 PM]

[Edited by matty01 - 2/25/2003 6:01:23 PM]
Old 25 February 2003, 05:58 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Hadn't read the post - have now - but there's not much new in there. When Saddam was exiting Kuwait he set light to 11,000 oil wells on his way out - I don't know why we didn't finish the ****** off then - I suspect it was George Galloway and his namby pamby mates all wanting to have Saddam's babies [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 25 February 2003, 06:03 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

MATTeL - True. But if you believe the propaganda he could invade at some point. Too many people didn't think Hitler was a threat until it was too late.

I agree Hussein is more like Stalin at the mo but he could turn into a Hitler (or supporting the likes of Bin Laden who WILL BE the next Hitler if he gets his hands onto certain weapons).

[Edited by Dracoro - 2/25/2003 6:04:23 PM]
Old 25 February 2003, 06:06 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Red face

. **** it

[Edited by matty01 - 2/25/2003 6:07:20 PM]
Old 25 February 2003, 06:08 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

don't be fooled. the real fact is that people here will support armed action if it is sanctioned by a new UN resolution, ie that we remove saddam with the (reluctant) blessing of the security council in a follow-up to 1441.

(the "no war at all costs" brigade, typified by tony benn, are just very vocal and have natural allies within a fundamentally left-of-centre media. they may make the most noise but they also spout the shrillest and most desperate crap).

the second resolution on 1441 will happen. it can be no other way, not least because blair absolutely cannot afford to be crucified here by the liberal left heavyweight media: the guardian, the independent, the mirror & the bbc. that is his wider political and diplomatic role in the blair-bush (read good cop/bad cop) front: ensure the second resolution, ensure legitimacy.

blix will not give iraq the necessary clean bill of health in the final report in march.

the french and russians will come back in line now that they're nearly done paying some lip service to tabling alternatives that will help protect their considerable trade connections with iraq. as for the germans, schroeder will be left out in the cold for backing the wrong horse and as a result, probably do himself out of a job that is already shaky at best.

plus ca change.
Old 25 February 2003, 06:12 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Maybe Capt Hook might fek off to Iraq.

One thing that does worry me is Al Quaeda. IF Saddam is harbouring terrorists, then think of what he could give to aid Osama. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Old 25 February 2003, 06:19 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

The guy has been stacking up weapons (nasty ones at that - as seen by the never to be repeated US intelligence shots of above ground chemical washdown showers) since getting kicked out of Kuwait. I will trust rational individuals who inherently hate war and the cost of it, if they say we gotta bite the bullet and sort this out.

Nobody listened to Churchill and Hitler went on to kill millions - history gives us lessons, lets learn fromn them. That total arselicking idiot Tony Benn will kick himself if this tyrant gasses Kurds when they inevitably rise up again. White flag waving, olive branch holding, gas mask wearing, short sighted optimists!
D
Old 25 February 2003, 06:22 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

exactly.

put a secular arab and a muslim arab together and they'll regard each other with suspicion if not outright hostility.

add filthy-western-running-dog-imperialist-unbelievers into the mix and they become allies of necessity.

blix has already proved iraq to have "under-declared" its arsenal.

the risk of an exchange of weapons or at the very least, a technology or knowledge transfer that enables al qaeda to deploy chemical, biological or fissile material, is too great to be ignored or downplayed. because you, me and us are al qaeda's targets and sworn foe.

take that risk? to hell with that. protect your own first: prevention is always better than cure.

get the second resolution. cut out the cancer. clear the house.

Old 25 February 2003, 06:24 PM
Scoobs_4ever
Scooby Regular

"Lets put them in a field and bomb the b@stards", Kenny Everett (God rest his sole)
Old 25 February 2003, 06:25 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

here here diesel. again.

Old 25 February 2003, 06:37 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

the benn-ites amongst us appear to have vacated the forum.

how refreshing...how heineken.
Old 25 February 2003, 07:02 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Holy Ghost ,you read my mind with that last post.
Old 25 February 2003, 07:13 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

Lets declare war on tony benn. I cannot stand the rabid garbage that comes from his frothing mouth.

He is an utter moron. How the hell he gets ppl to believe his nonsense amazes me.

Get him and captain hook to live in peace and harmony together in some council bedsit! Show us the way Tony Benn you utter pratt!

Wipes froth from his own mouth...rant over.

case dismissed.
Old 25 February 2003, 09:12 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

same **** different day
Old 25 February 2003, 09:17 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm for the great TV debate with Bush Vs Saddam.
Fit a gun inside the camera and bump two nutcases off at the same time.
Hey presto - the world is a wonderful place at last.

Nick

Quick Reply: Leave Saddam Alone