Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who else has the F1 car in GT3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2001, 07:06 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Its the Daddy, its near impossible to loose when using it.

Matt
Old 05 August 2001, 11:05 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Not me !!! i do have all the rally cars and the Escudo now though

Have to start on the other races now Am only playing it for an hour a day, so will take me a while
Old 05 August 2001, 12:57 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

ME
Old 05 August 2001, 02:14 PM
jsh
Scooby Regular

My mate has got 3 of them, greedy git.

Apparently there are 4 of them in total

Jason
Old 06 August 2001, 08:48 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

ME - Awesome car, massive downforce, massive grip, massively quick, massive fun....
Old 06 August 2001, 09:06 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've got 2. I think you get one for each endurance race won. The one for superspeedway is ok, so use it to win the Tokyo 242 or what ever you call it. Then you get a really blinding one. Only problem is that you can't buy dirt tyres for it...
Old 06 August 2001, 09:30 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I done the endurance race on superspeedway but I never won a F1 car, I got a Tickford Race car :-(
Old 06 August 2001, 10:15 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

I did the S Sppedway race in a CLK 55. My mate did it in a 22B. We both won a polyphony 001. Maybe the prize depends on the sort of car you use.

p.s. If you are doing the endurance races, please be sure to open the windows and be well rested before you start. I was on lap 91 of 100 last night, and at least 10 laps in the lead when I fell asleep. Damn!!!! 2 hours entirely wasted
Old 06 August 2001, 01:51 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

ROTFLMAO @ Fast Bloke!

Cem
Old 06 August 2001, 02:11 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by fast bloke:
<B>I've got 2. I think you get one for each endurance race won. The one for superspeedway is ok, so use it to win the Tokyo 242 or what ever you call it. Then you get a really blinding one. Only problem is that you can't buy dirt tyres for it...[/quote]

The second is better? How? - appetite well and truly wetted now
Old 06 August 2001, 02:49 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

The second one I got (can't remember the name now) appears to handle better. The power is quoted at 790 (same as the polyphony) but you can take a few seconds of most of your lap times on each course. Also when you take off all the down force for test track, you can go for maximum wide gearing and still redline it. With the polyphony one you can't hit the redline in 6th unless you shorten the gearing.
Does anyone know if it is possibly to save your ghost car and race one of your other cars against it?
Also, are there any races that use complex string, or is this course used soley for testing?
Old 06 August 2001, 03:04 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

The only thing that P*sses me off about this game is why the computer cars pit so offen. On a five lap race they always pit once and on the long races (like the 78-100 laps etc) they seem to pit every 5-8 laps....if you were at the back of the race once they have pitted so many times you can win the race easy... It makes the game a bit boring

And the way they do the prize cars are silly I mean I won the same race as you and your friend and I get a Race car..now fair enough I was using the Subaru Rally car for the endurance race but thats not much different from the 22B unless if you use a non road car then you get penalised if you win the race so they give you a crap car as your prize...

Also I know this going to sound really picky but I must say this......GT3 is the best looking game on the playstation 2, they have gone ***** out to make the track, cars and backgrounds look the dogs... so why oh why when you drive into the pits does it look like you are driving into an empty waste of land.... I mean they could of put a few chaps just standing there or some tyres next to your pit or even the sound of the drill gun as the tyres are changed.......

[This message has been edited by Mkhan (edited 06 August 2001).]
Old 06 August 2001, 03:10 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I've heard a rumour that the type of car you win is dependant on how often you try to qualify etc. I didn't bother with qualifying as my CLK55 was so quick I knew I would have the lead by the end of lap 1. If anyone has got about 3 years to research this I would be interested to know if there is any truth.
Old 06 August 2001, 03:20 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

I never qualify, it takes to long .. I just jump straight in there and play....

Hey who's played Max Payne...what a game....

[This message has been edited by Mkhan (edited 06 August 2001).]
Old 06 August 2001, 04:08 PM
Rob B
Scooby Regular

Talking

You guys have touched on exactly the question I was going to ask - does anyone know what the secret is to which car you win? I was hoping for either the XJ220 or GT40 doing the Pro GT world championship but over 2 hours later ended up with the bloody Vauxhaul Touring car

And I keep getting a Clio when doing the Superspeedway endurance - at least the only effort involved in this is selecting the Escudo, disconnecting the steering wheel then selotaping the accelerator button down and coming back in an hour to collect the prize money

Old 06 August 2001, 04:39 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Rob I think thats the problem....if you use the Escudo (which will kick the **** off anything) the game knows that you will win so it gives you a crap car as your prize..do it in a non race car and you will get a better car as your prize....I think thats how it works, because when I won the GT Race I was using my Escudo and I got a concept car (cannot remember which one) So I did it again in my Mines Evo and I won a Vauxhall Tourning Car...

It a bit silly because I am going into the Touring car race and I was going to use my Tickford Ford Race car 700+ BHP but I don't see the point because if I win they will probably give me a crap car as a prize but race it using my Vauxhall Touring car....who knows what I will win...

A bit hit and miss... it looks like if you use your dogs boll**ks Race/Touring car to race and the game knows that the other cars will not match you on performance, as a prize you get a p**s poor car!!???!!!

I am only going by the fact that some of my friends have won completely different cars than me I can only guess it's because I have used higher spec cars to race in... because after I won my Evo rally car I went and did all the rally races then used the Escudo to win most of the other races, but my friends haven't got the Escudo and kitted out their standard cars to it's highest spec and then race in the same races as me but got better cars than me...

Like Fast dude used his CLK on Superspeed way and he won a F1 car I used a Rally car and won my Tickford..

Old 06 August 2001, 04:43 PM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Tonight I am going to try and do the Superspeed way again but this time I will use a standard car like the CLK or my 22B and see what I win..

Mark
Old 06 August 2001, 04:58 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I used the first Formula 1 car to win the second one. I could complete 4 laps against AI 3 laps in the Tokyo race and needed less pit stops, so I don't think the performance of the winning car is a factor. Let us know how you get on tomorrow. The fully specced CLK 55 wins easily and if you put hard slicks on you only need 4 pit stops for the ssw race.

Has anyone else tried the MX5 race. Is the guy at the front impossible to catch?

Also - what does the special licence give you. I did all the licences first, so I don't know if it unlocked anything. Could this be a factor in winning F1 cars
Old 06 August 2001, 05:23 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mkhan:
<B>Rob I think thats the problem....if you use the Escudo (which will kick the **** off anything) the game knows that you will win so it gives you a crap car as your prize..do it in a non race car and you will get a better car as your prize....I think thats how it works, because when I won the GT Race I was using my Escudo and I got a concept car (cannot remember which one) So I did it again in my Mines Evo and I won a Vauxhall Tourning Car...

It a bit silly because I am going into the Touring car race and I was going to use my Tickford Ford Race car 700+ BHP but I don't see the point because if I win they will probably give me a crap car as a prize but race it using my Vauxhall Touring car....who knows what I will win...

A bit hit and miss... it looks like if you use your dogs boll**ks Race/Touring car to race and the game knows that the other cars will not match you on performance, as a prize you get a p**s poor car!!???!!!

I am only going by the fact that some of my friends have won completely different cars than me I can only guess it's because I have used higher spec cars to race in... because after I won my Evo rally car I went and did all the rally races then used the Escudo to win most of the other races, but my friends haven't got the Escudo and kitted out their standard cars to it's highest spec and then race in the same races as me but got better cars than me...

Like Fast dude used his CLK on Superspeed way and he won a F1 car I used a Rally car and won my Tickford..

[/quote]

Not neccesarily - I used the Escudo (tuned to 1700BHP ) to win tyhe speedway endurance and won the F1 car first time out

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by fast bloke:
<B>I used the first Formula 1 car to win the second one. I could complete 4 laps against AI 3 laps in the Tokyo race and needed less pit stops, so I don't think the performance of the winning car is a factor. [/quote]

Which Tokyo race?
Old 06 August 2001, 05:37 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Wink

I used the Escudo with 1800 BHP (remember to change the oil) to win the F1 car on the super speedway.

I am really struggling with that last license thou, any tips.

Only got 1/2 the enduro races and Proffesionnal left to do.

Matt
Old 06 August 2001, 08:01 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Matt

My Escudo is 1881Bhp i used this to get my polyphony 001.

Everyone else

Change oil on car before you first drive (increases bhp by a bit )it and after every race
Old 06 August 2001, 09:00 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep mine is 1881 BHp, just couldn't remember exact power.

The most annoying thing for me is the IS2000 races, i have one a Yaris and a Yaris, for flippin 10 races at a snail pace. Grrrrr

I need to finish this game by the 29th August, as the missus is back from Oz. She would not toletare the Hi Fi, DVD and WS TV being taken over for hours on end. I don't fancy sleeping in the Car.
Old 06 August 2001, 09:54 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

LOL thankfully me no missus

Currently 65% Complete with an 82% win ratio

Si
Old 07 August 2001, 12:35 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

I've actually got further in the Rallying than anything else. I used a highly tuned Evo to win the final 2 wet rally sections where you dont need an official rally car - won a couple of decent rally cars (Impreza and Xsara). Have now got two thirds of the way through all the rallying so hopefully will get the Escudo soon then.

Cheers for the tips.
Old 07 August 2001, 12:46 AM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Question

Why when you complete amature level does it run a movie showing J Plato in his old yellow touring car, with a few other cars which are not in the game ?

I have a 86% win ratio and 67 % complete, spent a few hours playing last night.

Completed the special license aswell now.

Has anyone completed arcade yet ??

I am going to go for the F1 race tonight.

My life sounds really sad doesnt it, work all day/night go home play GT3. Keeps me out of trouble whilst the missus is away.
Old 07 August 2001, 10:02 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Angry

GRrrrrrrrrrr

Tried using my 22b in the Tokyo (100 laps) got my **** kicked.. after 30 laps I gave up...

I think that I will stick to my Escudo..

I tried to setup my gear ratios but I can never get the balance right.... HELP needed

I want to try and have very quick take off but also a gooooood top end... give me some tips please...
Old 07 August 2001, 11:18 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

I am no where near as far into the game as you lot so please excuse me - but, where do you win the Escudo or do you have to buy it ?
Old 07 August 2001, 11:37 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TRIGGER:
<B>I am no where near as far into the game as you lot so please excuse me - but, where do you win the Escudo or do you have to buy it ?[/quote]

You win it after you complete the Rally Races, and you win an Evo Rally car when you complete the Evo only race on Beginners and of course you will need to get your Rally license first to enter the rally race and you need your ib license to enter the Evo beginners race phew...........

or you could buy it for 1,200000

Mark
Old 07 August 2001, 01:15 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Fast Bloke.
The Special Licence allows you to enter a few of the Pro events.

Is it just me or does anyone else get bored of GT3 easily? Yes, I know it looks the danglies, and has a couple of new tracks, but I always get the feeling of de ja vu whenever I play it and I've only had it two days!
I started a 15 lap race of the test course last night and got bored after 5 laps.
Are all of you guys playing fair or do some of you use the cheat thing you can get? Be honest.

Stef.
Old 07 August 2001, 01:36 PM
Rob B
Scooby Regular

Stef - know what you mean - it is a mind-blowing game, but it is a bit too much having to do 10 10 lap races in some of the pro championships and after having won some of the top cars, racing in the slower ones is oh so painful.

From the advice on here though I shall enter the Tokyo endurance tonight in the Polyphony 001 and see if I can get another F1 car to play with. At least Tokyo is a new circuit.

And if anyone can find a definitive answer on who to win each car I'll be mighty impressed

Quick Reply: Who else has the F1 car in GT3 ?