Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CS - Aimbots

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 12:25 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not as suspicious as it may seem though.

The AK47 is a phenomenally good long-range rifle. You can kill someone with a single shot to the head from miles away -- the downside is that it has wild recoil and if you keep hold of the trigger shots will spray everywhere (off target) Short bursts of the AK47 is the key, and it's amazingly effective.

The Sg552 and the Aug are similarly good close + long range weapons (as they can zoom)

Old 01 August 2001, 12:31 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

David

Got me smiling a bit now...

How to zoom?

Old 01 August 2001, 12:36 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hey puff...
1) I know this may sound anoying but ppl who keep getin headshots arn't always cheating.

2) There are quite a few jolt servers that run pb.

3) pb can be hacked, therefor ppl who want to cheat will hack pb and cheat anyway but its much less common.

4) To Zoom / put the silencer on use the secondary fire. only a couple of guns have it though.

ALWAYS use the ak tiz the best gun short mediam and long range. ALWAYS fire in short burst with it though max 3 rounds.
The m4 is a close second but ONLY use the silencer at long range.

O and btw the usp is the best pistol too =]
Hints and tips by Dizmaster =]
Old 01 August 2001, 12:45 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I've mapped my 2nd mouse button to be the zoom/silencer button. (and the wheel to be weapon-scroll).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>"ALWAYS use the ak tiz the best gun short mediam and long range"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AK is only available to Terrorists (which is why I usually go T !) but it's quite a find if you're a CT and see an AK that some poor T dropped

If I'm CT, I usually go for the Colt Carbine M4a1 with silencer. The silencer dampens the strength of the shot, but eases recoil, so better for medium/long range shots. Again, shoot in small bursts.

The para is quite good too, although I keep forgetting it has a clip of 100 and keep reloading it (which takes forever)

If you're v. low on money, go for the Desert Eagle .50 pistol. They're very powerful and great for headshots, but have a limited clip (7)
Old 01 August 2001, 10:31 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

I hate these things Most sites I jump on, someone is running them

I'm pretty crap anyway but can at least make the ocaisonal kill. However, when I get killed game after game by the same person, it gets very boring

Not all sites run Punkbuster & they're quite hard to find - or full if they advertise.

Ho-hum...

Steve

I'm signed up to Barry's & emailed you the username (have a guess... ). Invite me to the Clan!

Old 01 August 2001, 10:38 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

How do you know these people are running Aimbots ?

More likely, they're using Wallhack whereby they can see through textures and therefore prepare to shoot you before you've seen them.
Old 01 August 2001, 10:53 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Well I hate that too

Did notice sometimes I would hide round a corner & get someone run straight in & shoot

1 off head-shots @ 200m is unbelievely "good luck"

Old 01 August 2001, 01:03 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Exclamation

Sheee - I am such a virgin at this!!!! Amazed I get any kills at all!!!

How do you p/u someone's discarded weapon?

How do you put a silencer on?

I'm going to crack this game or die in the process

Old 01 August 2001, 01:45 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

methinks you've already died alot in the process

Press "G" to discard your currently held weapon.

Then walk over a weapon to pick it up.

(You can only carry one rifle and one pistol)

Only the Colt Carbine M4A1 has the silencer (and some crap pistol) it's your secondary fire button (which I have mapped to my right mouse button)

It's the same as your zoom button.
Old 01 August 2001, 01:55 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Puff

A lot of the "he ran round the corner and shot me - he must be wall hacking" is actually just knowledge of the maps. If you follow someone with a high score (when you've died ) watch where they look, they will almost always be checking behind every box and rock as they run. Rifles tend to stick through objects as well giving you away - particulalry at doors.

Having said that there is no doubt there many around who prefer to cheat.

Deano
Old 01 August 2001, 02:10 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

agreed.

While dead, watch for people facing walls/boxes (something that would be stupid unless you could see through them)
Old 01 August 2001, 03:35 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

But to thicken the plot, I look at walls because often it's the only way to see my radar! Do you understand how the radar helps you? It is always best to not be alone whenever possible.

I have never cheated, and I have been amazed sometimes at the "lucky" shots one can get. I agree, some people are ridiculously "lucky", some are very good, others undoubtedly cheat. I suspect aimbot is far more common than many people think, but hey this is where you can kill someone for cheating. It doesn't make them invulnerable.

Never stand still for very long, and if in doubt, shoot, always in short bursts and aiming at approx chest height. Unless FF is on you won't do any harm, although you might give your position away.

Oh and you should be aware ALL rifles (and the Deagle) can fire through the thinner walls and some packing cases. This is especially true of the AK and appears like you have been wall hacked or shot round a corner.

Also, if you don't already, wear headphones and LISTEN. Check your radar against where the noise is coming from, and you can tel lif it's friends or enemies, usually. Remember I showed you walking and the sound it doesn't make compared to running on Militia last week with Roadrunner?

Go to NGUK and Barrysworld print out the list of servers they have. When you click on "play Internet Games in CS" on the next screen click "filter". Only check the box marked favourites.

Then type in the IPaddresses of some of the servers you like the look of. They will become "favourites" and every time you play, they will appear as your list. Just press refresh, not update, and it will give you the current status of your "favourite" servers. You can always enter others when someone suggests they are worth a visit.

That's how I decide which servers I play on, rather than randomly finding ones I am not familiar with.

I know all this and I'm better than I was, but part of the beauty of this game is that you never get so good it is boring.
Old 01 August 2001, 04:17 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Radar, headsets, packing cases.... Deagle?

Old 01 August 2001, 04:24 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:
<B>Radar, headsets, packing cases.... Deagle?

[/quote]

Radar: Shown in the top left of your screen (usually) - Though sometimes can get switched off by mistake. If you're Terrorist, the bomb carrier is denoted by a brown speck.

Any one talking to you via radio command like "Need backup" etc, are highlighted on your radar with a flashing yellow square (so you know where to run to !)

The Z,X + C buttons yield a list of radio messages you can send.

Headsets : Headphones on your PC (right?)

Packing Cases : Wooden boxes found on most levels .. there are quite a lot on de_dust/de_dust2

I use only Barrysworld servers (and our new dedicated server you guys set up)

Deagle : Desert Eagle 0.50 - The most powerful pistol (in my opinion) and the one you should start every new level with

[This message has been edited by DavidBrown (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 06:43 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Hello

Headsets are the way to go it intensifies all the sounds you here during the game letting you know which side/way people are coming from. My brother is able to hear people opening doors or climbing ladders from the other side of the map..!!!

Also the main use for the silencer on the M4 is as the name suggests to silence the gun.......so that people dont know where you are when shooting at them....very effective.

As for cheating im not going to say anything.

Ian

Just to add.......it is easy to remove the silenced M4 sound so that you hear it as if it is unsileenced even if the person has put the silencer on his gun.

[This message has been edited by Maxy_UK (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 08:41 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah, but not cricket, eh Maxy?
Old 02 August 2001, 06:21 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

well i'm back from sunny leeds now so its time for a blast on CS 2nite