Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Glasgow Airport

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2001, 05:50 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone familiar with Glasgow Airport, we're off to Eurodisney from Glasgow and I'm looking for a nearby hotel - prefer walking distance. So far it looks like the Posthouse is my best bet - anyone know anything better nearby ?. As there's going to be 2 adults and 4 children there needs to be some sort of entertainment - if we're in the Posthouse is there anything in the hotel, airport terminal building or nearby to keep us amused ?

Kevin.
Old 11 June 2001, 07:54 PM
BEL
Scooby Regular

Cool

Kevin

There's not much to do about the airport,I don't know what the posthouse has to offer though. There's a Travel Inn about a mile or 2 from the airport at the Linwood Pheonix centre just off the motorway (take Irvine exit, then 1st cut off you come to). I stayed there last week and it's good value at £40.95 per room.
Brewers Fare, and Showcase cinema next door. McDonalds, KFC & Pizzahut there too.
The number's 0141 887 4865

Happy Holiday!

Old 12 June 2001, 11:08 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Kevin, there's a travel inn at the airport as well - pretty cheap.

If you need safe long term parking, try Air Park at Linwood, 5 mins away and they run a bus to the airport. Very professional outfit, secure parking and run by an aquaintance of mine.

Cheers

D
Old 12 June 2001, 05:11 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the tips guys, we've ended up in the Holiday Inn Express - price was comparable with therest. We'll probably venture into Paisley to find something to do.

Diablo, your profile says your from the wettest place on earth - you haven't been in Shetland then I take it !! - hence the need to be at Glasgow airport to head for some better weather.

Thanks

Kevin.