Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Michael Jackson (again)

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2003, 08:11 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Nice rant. But i'm sorry, I just can't believe that this guy is sane, let alone me liking him. A quote like this just sums the whole damn thing up.

"If there were no children on this Earth, if someone announced all kids were dead, I would jump off the balcony immediately."
An absolute cuckoo.

TheScooby
Old 05 February 2003, 08:15 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Heard on the radio this morning that the american Social Services are going to investigate further his "sleep-over" parties.....
Old 05 February 2003, 08:18 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Police scrutinise Jackson documentary

http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/index.cfm?id=142962003

THE district attorney of Santa Barbara County, in California, is to scrutinise the documentary in which Michael Jackson admitted inviting young children to sleep in his bed, in case Martin Bashir’s programme can be used to open the door to a new prosecution.

Thomas W Sneddon has remained the singer’s No 1 nemesis after investigating the allegations of child sexual abuse raised by Jordy Chandler in 1993. The case involving Chandler was settled after Jackson, who denied the charges, paid the family £18 million to avoid what he described to Bashir on Monday night as "a drawn-out thing on TV like OJ [Simpson]".

Since then, Mr Sneddon, who has been re-elected as DA without opposition five times, insisted Jackson lied in a previous television interview with Diane Sawyer, a US journalist, when he claimed he had been cleared.

"Jackson has not been cleared," Mr Sneddon said at the time. "The investigation is in suspension until someone else comes forward."

A spokesman for the DA, whose authority covers the Neverland ranch, said: "We will be watching the programme with interest."

Millions of US viewers are expected to watch the documentary when it is broadcast tomorrow night on the ABC network, which paid £3.5 million for the rights.

Living With Michael Jackson attracted a UK audience of 15 million, who saw the singer holding hands with Gavin, 12, a cancer sufferer, who said he had slept in Mr Jackson’s bed while the singer slept on the floor.

The star also said: "I have slept in a bed with many children ... Why can’t you share your bed? The most loving thing to do, is to share your bed with someone.

"When you say ‘bed’, you’re thinking sexual. They make that sexual. It’s not sexual; we’re going to sleep. I tuck them in."

Santa Barbara Child Welfare Services considered launching an investigation into Jackson’s treatment of his three children after he held his baby son over a balcony last November.

In the wake of the programme’s broadcast in the UK, a number of children’s charities yesterday said they would have launched an inquiry if similar circumstances were reported.

Pam Hilbert, a principal policy officer at Barnardos, described Jackson’s behaviour as "totally inappropriate", while a spokesman for the NSPCC said his behaviour could be used by people who want to harm or abuse children as "an excuse for their own behaviour".

The programme contained scenes of his children being harassed and frightened by the press as they visited Berlin Zoo. The singer has a son, Prince Michael, aged five, and a daughter Paris, aged four, both born during his brief marriage to Debbie Rowe, whom he divorced in 1999.

The children, who do not go out in public without wearing masks, no longer see their mother and the eldest told Bashir he didn’t have a mother. The programme also raised questions over the parentage of Mr Jackson’s youngest child, Prince Michael II, also known as "Blanket". At one point, the singer insisted he had a relationship with the mother, but later claimed the child was conceived by a surrogate mother. "I used a surrogate mother and my own sperm cells. She doesn’t know me, I don’t know her," Jackson said. Despite the fact the baby was clearly white, he insisted the birth mother was black.

The discrepancies have raised the issue that the child may not have been fathered by Jackson, as his own mother, Katherine, has already suggested. Last November, Mrs Jackson was quoted as saying: "That boy’s not a Jackson. I know a Jackson when I see one and that ain’t no Jackson."

While the media portrayed the programme as the "longest suicide note in history" and insisted his claims would further torpedo his sinking career, there was evidence that a large number of viewers sympathised to an extent with his background in which he was abused by his father. A straw poll of GMTV viewers who called in to express their views saw them run 5-1 in favour of Jackson.

Kylie Minogue, the Australian pop singer, described the programme as "fascinating", and said: "I really feel for the guy. I really do."

Uri Geller, who was thanked in the programme’s credits for setting up Bashir’s interviews, said his faith in Jackson was undamaged. He said: "He is a pure, innocent human being. Michael was brutally honest, he was direct, he never flinched from the difficult questions."

Behaviour beyond the acceptable

MICHAEL Jackson’s habit of sharing his bedroom with children is indefensible. At best his behaviour is bizarre. At worst, it is abusive, even if there is no sexual activity, writes Jack Boyle.

In my opinion, this is a man who is using children to meet his own needs. It seems he finds it impossible to relate to normal, emotionally mature human beings so he has turned to children and animals to meet his own emotional requirements.

His difficulty in relating to people his own age probably stems from the emotional and physical abuse he suffered as a child, and the fact he grew up in the spotlight of fame. I see a damaged man who has not had the chance to develop to his full potential in an emotional sense. Jackson’s relationships with the mothers of his children - two by ex-wife Debbie Rowe and one conceived using a surrogate mother - further illustrate this. Rather than create a family environment, he is taking these children away from their mothers almost from the moment they are born. That is a terrible thing to do to a child, which has a basic right to know its biological parents, unless one of them poses a threat. What kind of father does this? Not a healthy individual.

Jackson’s wealth and fame have shielded him from official investigation which such behaviour would attract if exhibited by less influential individuals.

The problems with Americans is that they are obsessed with fame. If a jobless man on a housing scheme in Edinburgh did this, police and social services would be in there instantly - and rightly so.

A 12-year-old child should never be put in this position because it is regarded as intolerable by the vast majority of people. The parents of these children should be questioning their motives.

Dr Jack Boyle is a leading Scottish psychologist
Old 05 February 2003, 08:52 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

LOL Bravo, you certainly change yer spots a lot m8
Old 05 February 2003, 09:03 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Oh I had plenty to say in the first thread that certain cry babies got locked
Old 05 February 2003, 09:11 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Old 05 February 2003, 09:30 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
"longest suicide note in history"
LOL

I admit he is a bit odd now... but in his day....

Billie Jean
Thriller
Beat It
Bad
Man in the Mirror
Liberian Girl
etc etc

You can't deny he wasn't a 'King of Pop'
Old 05 February 2003, 09:42 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yeah, bravo, you're point is probably correct, i think he is pretty harmless, just has a little bit TOO much love for children. He is the king of pop, his album sales justify for that. And as for the plastic surgery, i'm not even going to start

Jye_O - Please don't get this thread locked, it is actually raising some decent issues.

TheScooby
Old 05 February 2003, 09:54 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Yeah? The only decent issues I can see here are the ones mentioned by the press, and they aint singing his praises thats for sure.
Old 05 February 2003, 09:54 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

PLEASE...Take a look at this.

http://www.hamncheez.com/flash/flash/michael.swf
Old 05 February 2003, 11:46 AM
*Cino*
Scooby Regular

Can i just say having plastic surgery is of noones business but his, so what if he has had plastic surgery, doesn't automatically change someone to evil does it? If he wants to have plastic surgery and change the way he looks even if it IS for the worst then so be it, its his face...
And i dont think you can have too much love for kids, because in this day and age its something thats seriously lacking, and its showing in our children too.
Maybe he has too much love for kids because kids dont give him grief everyday of his life, judge him and backstab him. You get what you give.
Old 05 February 2003, 11:54 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

--And i dont think you can have too much love for kids--

--Pam Hilbert, a principal policy officer at Barnardos, described Jackson’s behaviour as "totally inappropriate", while a spokesman for the NSPCC said his behaviour could be used by people who want to harm or abuse children as "an excuse for their own behaviour"--

Speak for it's self. I knows who opinion I'd rather side with.

Old 05 February 2003, 12:00 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

He clearly has some psychological probelms, which stem from his childhood, which is understandable considering the non normal childhood he had, not been given the chance to be a child. It seems, or at least it was made out that he is now trying to be a child where he was never able to when he was young. He surrounds himself with children as they dont think it is strange and dont critisise him for his tendancies..

He didnt do himself any favours especially about his face which was clearly a lie...

I can understand him covering his childrens faces up, but this is bound to have some effects on them later in life, but would press intrusion outweight this effect.

Dan
Old 05 February 2003, 12:03 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

--covering his childrens faces up--

His children?
Old 05 February 2003, 12:09 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

sorry, "if they are his children"

Dan
Old 05 February 2003, 12:14 PM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

"because kids dont give him grief everyday of his life, judge him and backstab him. You get what you give."-By Cino

Am i being paranoid here?..ROFL.

I think Micheal Jackson..is a very dangerous person....i couldnt give a $hit about his looks..its his facination for kids..thats my concern..section him immediatly before we read he has been caught ******** a 4 year old!
Old 05 February 2003, 12:22 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Cino's naive views are in the minority I would say.
Old 05 February 2003, 12:32 PM
*Cino*
Scooby Regular

I dont really mind if people agree or disagree with me, it is MY opinion, everyone has given an opinion, you have and i have and everyone else has, we shouldn't be arguing about who is right or wrong, because everyone has different views.
Old 05 February 2003, 12:38 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Jye, stop being so antagonistic.

Was it really necessary to insert the word "naive"?

No, it wasn't. That might be your opinion, but don't patronise people like that, please.
Old 05 February 2003, 12:56 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Whatever Jye. If you can't see yourself how your posts come across to others, just don't be surprised at the beligerent responses you invoke.
Old 05 February 2003, 12:57 PM
*Cino*
Scooby Regular

To be honest i rather be naive then always think the worst of people all the time! Its so easy to just say "yeah hes a weirdo, shes naive, plain idiots and bas*****!" isn't it? But its not so easy for some to look deeper and actually see nice in some people once in a while is it?

Old 05 February 2003, 01:05 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

watch me not caring <----------------
Old 05 February 2003, 01:08 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

Sit down and shut up To$$er
Old 05 February 2003, 01:10 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

watch me not caring <----------------
Old 05 February 2003, 01:16 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Old 05 February 2003, 01:16 PM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

At last Cino says shes nieve.....lol...So i aint the only one to think it..

If you see the good in everyone....that makes you a target...you gotta understand not everyone is stable...LOL.
Old 05 February 2003, 01:19 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Just for you Tel, you have suceeded in dragging the thread down to your level, cant find anything worthwhile to say, hit the emote

CHEESE

CHEESE

CHEESE

Quick Reply: Michael Jackson (again)