banned?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2003, 02:32 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if a driver is banned
how does the police check up on him?

do they register the number plate and notice it if it is in motion or how?

how would they know the driver won't drive again
Old 04 February 2003, 02:37 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

They post his details on a notice board at the local Police station so that officers who live near him can keep an eye out.
Old 04 February 2003, 02:39 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

They don't know. Most serial driving offenders carry on driving after being banned. However, if you get stopped when banned, you will be found out and banned for even longer. I suppose you might eventually be imprisoned if it happened enough times. It would be better if both arms were removed from the person receiving the ban. That way it would be much easier to tell when someone was driving whislt banned.
Old 04 February 2003, 02:50 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

It would be better if both arms were removed from the person receiving the ban.
No one would notice if the car was a volvo, swerving about without indicating!!!

BB
Old 04 February 2003, 03:08 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

yeah - i'ver always wondered why volvo drivers go about with their chins on the steering wheel
Old 04 February 2003, 03:26 PM
Toerag
Scooby Regular

Over here the cops recognise the car as there aren't that many around. And as banned drivers won't have any insurance they're looking at big fines/suspended sentence/prison. IMHO rightly so.
Old 04 February 2003, 06:25 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
once you are banned you dont have a licence if you get stooped or whatever the police will check their details for your name and it will come up on thier computer then youll get another ban points etc
Old 04 February 2003, 11:55 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

so if (ahem) said person drives a smoothly and not stand out from the crowd do you think i (i mean) said person would be jus t ok
Old 05 February 2003, 10:04 AM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Dont drive if banned FFS

If you have any accident, you will be prosecuted and will not be insured. If someone gets injured you will personally be liable for EVERY PENNY

Ever been bankrupt?

Obviously not ever been very bright
Old 05 February 2003, 11:03 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Angry

my ex house mate got banned for having too many speeding points. Did it stop him driving someone else's (NOT MINE!) car, no it didn't. Arrogant idiot - we kinda fell out over that.

Also - that guy Ian Carr that had the crash in Northumberland and killed a little girl - he was banned from driving etc and only got 9.5 years in jail. Like he'll obey the ban again wehn he gets out
Old 05 February 2003, 11:37 AM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Driving whilst disqualified should carry a mandatory custodial sentence IMHO.
Old 05 February 2003, 12:08 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Its funny u should bring all this up because my g/fs brother has been banned for speeding (over double the speed limit)He is the worst driver I have ever seen tbh, but he plans to drive to the football at the weekend. Now I don't like this guy one bit as he is nasty to the g/f at every chance.

He is the type of bloke that tells me im wrong with regard to problem x with his pc etc, even though its what I do for a living as a sysadmin etc, and tells me my house is crap, when he still lives at home with parents and fast approaching 30.

Now, the question, should I bubble him or am I just being vindictive ?
Old 05 February 2003, 12:11 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

You lot will think differently if you ever get a ban..

Some people just wont drive whilst banned...

However some people think its ok to.. which is wrong.. Driving whilst disqualified is a criminal offence.. therefore could end up with a sentence.

The most driving i've done is moving cars in and out of my garage..

Never seen third gear..

David
Old 05 February 2003, 12:29 PM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

Angry

A guy who worked for me got caught whilst banned and will regret it for many years. He can't get insurance (that he can afford). My company fleet insurance now reads "Any driver over the age of 21 excluding Paul Smith" (names have been changed to protect the guilty)
If you do it, you will probably crash from looking behind you all the time.
I got a 3 month ban years ago (for Totting up) and it cost me loads in train and taxi fares, but fair enough, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
If you do hit someone, which can and does happen, you will not only be in extermely deep $h1t, but will have to live the rest of your life paying for it.

Wake up and Grow up!
Old 05 February 2003, 02:47 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Im not condoning it, just saying just becuase someone is banned dont assume that they still drive their car about.. not all people are like that.

I have a ban.. I dont drive my car about. bit annoying since last time I drove it properly it was 216bhp.

David
Old 05 February 2003, 04:57 PM
T.C
Scooby Regular

Many Police Forces like my old force have officers on permanant disqualified drivers observations using a vehicle that looks anything but like a Police vehicle.

Every week a list of all those within the patrol area who have been disqualified during the previous 7 days are circulated to the traffic bases, the list is compared against those names who are known disqual drivers, those who have been bubbled up by the public and those caught on the off chance.

The team will then target a specific number of people for a set period of time, and if after 2 or 3 days nothing comes of it they will move on.

The team will also look at those being disqualified for the first time. They will check against any previous convictions or known associates and the period of disqualification will also have a bearing. There are many factors which determines who they target, but certainly in our area every single disqual driver will be observed at some time, and the capture rate is quite high.

Custodial sentences are quite common, but an extension of the ban together with a further £1000 fine for Disqual driving and no insurance is the norm.
Old 06 February 2003, 12:17 AM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

I'm not going to get too, drawn into this but S bradley no you are wrong I have been in crashes were insurance was not an issue since damage was only minor and its only in serious crashes that it could be a problem and since the only idea of who the uninsured driver is would come from a registration that leads to a previous owner who recieved cash for the car in the first place you would be almost untraceable. I'm not saying this is right but I have known many people to get away with driving uninsured vehicles, driving while on bans and every other vehicle crime you can imagine by having cars registered to other people and addresses.

Its not hard to do as proven by the fact that most of the people who do this are thick as pig ****.
Old 06 February 2003, 12:31 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

if you can't do the time, don't do the crime
Agree 100%

This also applies to people who park on double yellow lines and complain to the traffic warden that they were only 2 minutes, people who speed and complain that the area they sped in is not a danger. It does not matter; you broke the law so accept your punishment.

Darren
Old 06 February 2003, 09:09 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

StueyB, report him. He is banned from driving and as has been pointed out he will not be insured.

I have done this on a couple of occasions with drunk drivers and yes they were people I knew. That may make me sound unduly harsh but having been nearly killed by a drunk driver and having had 3 friends actually killed by drunk drivers I felt it was justified, I HATE drunk drivers.
Old 06 February 2003, 09:19 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi

Can we please keep "information" about how to break the law off scoobynet, not matter how obvious it seems.

In addition is should be clear that scoobynet is COMPLETELY against anything that involves breaking the law, and anyone who reads advice from members on how easy it is to do it, should seek their own legal advice on the subject.

Regards

webmaster
Old 02 May 2003, 02:18 PM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Instructions on how to break the law and get away with it are not acceptable on the BBS

[Edited by Diablo - 2/6/2003 11:15:16 AM]
Old 02 May 2003, 02:32 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Angry

I don't believe that people are seriously telling anyone how to do this!

I'll use short words so it is very clear and there can be no confusion.

If you drive while disqualified you are not insured. It does not matter whos name you give. It does not matter if you know the name and address of the previous keeper of the car. It does not matter if you drive perfectly and never do anything to stand out.

It does not have to be your fault. If someone hits your car. If, God forbid, someone steps in the road in front of you. If any of these things happen, or anything like it, you will almost have to produce your insurance details. Which you won't have because you don't have a licence.

You will be personally liable for any damage caused, for costs and for compensation. You *will* be open to criminal prosecution and may well end up spending some time as Mad Mick's shower toy.

Best case, if you get caught, is an extended ban, huge fine and a future driving crap cars because you can't afford to insure anything else. If you can find a compamy to touch you in the first place.

It doesn't matter how clever it's dressed up, if you drive while disqualified then you're a and deserve everything that comes to you.

Jesus.

Edited to say that the "Jesus" at the end is an exclamation. Not a signature.

[Edited by Sbradley - 2/5/2003 2:33:48 PM]
Old 02 June 2003, 12:46 AM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Question

It does not matter you broke the law so accept your punishment.
Why accept it instead of trying to avoid it ? Do you go to the police station every time you break the speed limit to report the crime or are motoring offenses only serious when you get caught in which case you could take the argument that they are only serious if you have to accept the punishment. The law btw is not always right so why not have moral objections without them slavery would still be in place gays would be persectuted etc etc etc

[Edited by Mr evolution - 2/6/2003 12:48:03 AM]
Old 02 June 2003, 09:25 AM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Question

eddited as I posted on the wrong thread - D'Oh

[Edited by Scumbag - 2/6/2003 9:41:45 AM]