Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trials Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2001, 12:19 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

T&MX News is still around and well worth a look if you're planning on taking it up....

I rode trials years ago, but that was back in the late 70's on an old Montesa Cota 172 - air cooling, drum brakes and twin shocks...

Don't follow the sport any more, but GasGas does seem to be the bike to have these days. Bultaco and Montesa have also made a comback recently and are probably also worth investigating...

Andrew

Old 23 May 2001, 10:04 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Used to be a weekly mag/paper call Trials & Motorcross news - UK publication with info, forsale and stuff, that was a few years back mind
Old 23 May 2001, 12:07 PM
Dave Bullock
Scooby Regular

Question

Anyone got any experience of the trials bikes used for observed trials? I reeeeelly want to have a go at this extremely skillful sport but don't know much about it. I've seen a couple of "GasGas" bikes and I think that they are the ones to go with. Any comments?
Old 23 May 2001, 08:52 PM
Dave Bullock
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, I'll track down a copy of the mag that you mentioned.
GasGas also do a kids bike and I've made the mistake of showing it to my 4 year old!!
He now, of course, wants one more than anything else in the world & I've had to print some of the photos of it for his wall!

Andrew, is it as difficult as it looks?
Old 24 May 2001, 08:29 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Wink

To be honest m8, I think its more complex now than it used to be and I've been out of it too long to properly answer that. The most we ever did was plug through a couple of streams and over a few logs, with some tight turns in between. Riding standards seem to be a lot higher now and the sections look more demanding.

Watching these guys throw their bikes up vertical walls on Sky TV is just unbelievable - we would have worshipped these people as gods if they'd done that back then!

cheers
Andrew