Looking for travel info on France

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2001, 03:30 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi guys,

I am trying to plan our first motoring holiday to France and am looking for info from all you seasoned travellers out there. My only experience of France is from many years ago when I was a sprog and we stayed in Benodet which, if my memory serves me correctly, is in Brittany

So far I have had a stab at trying to track down a good Travel Guide to France for some initial ideas, but faced with 4 shelves full in Waterstones I was slightly overwhelmed!

I really have no idea where the ‘nice’ parts of France are, and what areas I should be looking at traveling to. I probably don’t want to travel too far from the north of France as we might only be going for a week or so, and have to travel down from sunny Ecosse

Any recommendations for good travel guides both to take with me and for getting some ideas from?
Any recommended areas for staying and visiting?
Websites that might be useful?
Ferry crossings – what is the cheapest way to get across the Channel?
Any ScoobyNetters ‘top-tips’ for driving in France? I remember one tip for driving in Italy about not putting your handbrake on when parking as Italian drivers ‘bump’ cars to get into parking spaces that are a bit tight!

Many questions!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks