Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Government Census

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2001, 09:49 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

As some of you may know there is a census coming around on August the 7th [UK Only].
For those who don't know, a census is where the government collates general information about its residents (number of people living in your house, religion, etc).

If there are enough people, who put down a religion that isn't mentioned on the census form it becomes a fully recognised and legal religion. It usually takes about 10,000 people to nominate the same religion.

It is for this reason that it has been suggested that anyone who does not have a dominant religion to put "Jedi" as their religion.

Tell all your friends and tell them to put down "Jedi" on their census form. And remember ......If you are a member of the Jedi religion then you are by default a 'Jedi Knight'

So if this has been your dream since you were 4 years old.... Do it because you love Star Wars, If not........... then just do it to annoy people.

May the Force be with you!
Old 06 April 2001, 10:53 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Also a way to save some money and not pay any Council tax is to declare you house as a place of worship!
As dwellings which are also used as places of worship don't pay any Council tax!!! Don't believe me! then check out your Council tax bill when it turns up in the next few days!
I have not had the nerve to try this yet myself but if enough people put down Jedi as their religion on the Census form they can't turn round and say it is not a recognised religion now can they! LOL

Ian