Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Yoga

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2003, 09:53 AM
IanWatson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I'm new to this one - bought the girlfriend the Geri Yoga video from Christmas and have been through it a few times now, although not the sort of thing I would have considered doing myself without being 'encouaged'!

I'm stunned - from what I've done so far it really seems to work for me, even though it feels like can barely do it - I'm generally pretty highly strung, full of excess mental energy, tend to throw myself 110% into situations and would describe myself as a stresshead.

I tend to find myself struggling to calm down when I get home from work (high pressure sales)- all too easy to pour a glass or 3 of wine or roll a nice fat one or just spend an evening kicking the cat! Also have a habit of waking up at 4.30 for a pee and not really getting back to sleep again.

After doing 40 minutes of basic warm-ups, controlled breathing and stretches when I got back from work, I felt totally different. Not just physically tired, but mentally relaxed and totally in control. Whole body felt tingling and alive.

Went to bed at 11 - don't recall trying to get to sleep and woke up fresh as a daisy when the alarm went off.

The point of this post is twofold - to encourage anyone who may be struggling with stress/sleeping to give it a go, and also to see if there are any 'gurus' out there who may be able to point me to some good online resources...

cheers all
ian